Surely this is provacation

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Benny The Noon » Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:57 pm

babu » Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:50 pm wrote:
Benny The Noon » Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:52 am wrote:
supersub » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:51 am wrote:you clearly weren't there...yes there would have been individuals of unsavoury character but don't be attempting to blanket everyone or the vast majority with your ill-informed assessment of Athens.....

Actually was there and witnessed it

Thousands travelled without tickets to try and find a way into the game.

That is a strange statement, so you were there ok. I also saw thousands, proud reds, having a good ole party. How do you know none of these thousands had tickets? Sure I met a few without tickets. It'd take days to ask thousands.

And lastly Benny, why the fu.ck are you bringing this up?

It was brought up by Dundreamin

And yes there were thousands of Liverpool fans there without tickets - because we didn't get enough thousands still flew - nearly 60 thousand fans flew to Athens that day - Liverpool didnt get 60 thousand tickets.

And yes I also saw thousands enjoying themselves in the stadium ( apart from the obvious result ) but lets not kid ourselves that our fans were angels that night - a bunch ruined it and they ruined the reputation we got from Istanbul where our fans were rightly praised for the way they acted over those two days - they started to repair a damage reputation.
Benny The Noon

Postby Benny The Noon » Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:02 pm

babu » Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:56 pm wrote:Sorry last post of this matter. I arrived at Athens early and spent several days with the Greek chapter of the lfc supporters club. That was the only positive of the city. Everything else sucked as.s. the whole country was a mess, from the hotels, the police, public transport and airport.

Since then I've had a massive dislike for Athens.

Yep - it's an awful place.
Benny The Noon

Postby supersub » Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:05 pm

There is never excuse for theft ...I witnessed it happen in Athens...once; I'm sure it wasn't an isolated incident , I'm also sure it wasn't one of thousands...with regards to false entry....there were three security measures/areas/stations call it what you will, in place to check tickets. I was disappointed that so many had gained entry without  thought for the consequences of others but it should not deflect the major responsibility of the governing body..UEFA
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby Benny The Noon » Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:09 pm

supersub » Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:05 pm wrote:There is never excuse for theft ...I witnessed it happen in Athens...once; I'm sure it wasn't an isolated incident , I'm also sure it wasn't one of thousands...with regards to false entry....there were three security measures/areas/stations call it what you will, in place to check tickets. I was disappointed that so many had gained entry without  thought for the consequences of others but it should not deflect the major responsibility of the governing body..UEFA

Wasnt deflecting responsibility anywhere mate.

The whole set up was 2nd rate - it was shocking and people took advantage of that
Benny The Noon

Postby dundreamin » Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:17 pm

I emailed the premier league about Evra I will try to post it. And also three reply
dundreamin
LFC Super Member

Location: skelmersdale. Land of the roundabouts and utter boredom

Postby dundreamin » Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:19 pm

I insist no actually I demand that Patrice Evra is charged with bringing the game into disrepute after his antics after the MUFC v AVFA on Monday night. ( see attached image) I find this highly offensive given the history between him and Luis Suarez. If roles were reversed the FA, Sky and the media in general would have a field day. But as he is a member of MUFC he can do what he wants as the FA are petrified of upsetting the Sir. Evra should be punished and if he is not I will begin a E-Petition to have this debated in the Houses of Parliment because I feel so strongly about this issue and the lenient way MUFC have been treated for years.

Yours Sincerely Mr J. Riley
dundreamin
LFC Super Member

Postby dundreamin » Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:21 pm

Dear Mr Riley,

Thanks for your email.

We understand your strength of feeling on the matter, and agree that players remain professional and respect each other on the field of play, as fair play demands.

The FA are responsible for disciplinary matters, and they can be contacted at the details below;

http://www.thefa.com/feedback/

We are sorry that your enjoyment of watching the match was affected by the behaviour of one player. May I assure you, that the Premier League does take this matter seriously and that our Clubs are working hard to encourage positive behaviour.

We would like to assure you that the Premier League is constantly striving to set improved standards of behaviour from all the game’s participants. Our standards are high, as shown by our winning the UEFA Fair Play title, with five different Clubs finishing top of the five different sections of the domestic award. We appreciate that TV pictures of players showing disrespect, can have a damaging impact on the game played at grass roots level. The game is full of passion and with very high stakes sometimes that passion spills over. This, however, does not excuse the behaviour of the player in question.

This season, we continue with our efforts with the Get on with the Game Programme to promote the Premier League's response to football's overall Respect Agenda. Our particular commitment for this was to eliminate, as far as possible, unacceptable behaviour in the game. This is a very specific aim, narrower, but very consistent with, The FA's general Respect objectives. It is welcomed by fans and the media.

This is a long term commitment and we will be maintaining our focus on this and introducing new measures.

I hope the above helps to clarify how we are constantly working hard to maintain high standards of behaviour from across the game.

Thank you for taking the time to contact us. We do appreciate the feedback we receive and are grateful for you taking the time to contact us. I do hope that at future matches you begin to experience first-hand the progress that has been made in dealing with this.

Kind regards,

Supporter Services
dundreamin
LFC Super Member

Postby dundreamin » Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:24 pm

Now I went to the feedback page and you have to register to post a opinion. I tried FOUR times to register and it kept saying there was a problem SURPRISE SURPRISE I reckon they have blacklisted me
dundreamin
LFC Super Member

Postby Fowler_E7 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:57 pm

dundreamin » Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:19 pm wrote:I insist no actually I demand that Patrice Evra is charged with bringing the game into disrepute after his antics after the MUFC v AVFA on Monday night. ( see attached image) I find this highly offensive given the history between him and Luis Suarez. If roles were reversed the FA, Sky and the media in general would have a field day. But as he is a member of MUFC he can do what he wants as the FA are petrified of upsetting the Sir. Evra should be punished and if he is not I will begin a E-Petition to have this debated in the Houses of Parliment because I feel so strongly about this issue and the lenient way MUFC have been treated for years.

Yours Sincerely Mr J. Riley

Cringe
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dundreamin » Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:23 am

Fowler E7
Cringe
At least iam prepared to make a stand actually doing something I don't agree with instead of sitting on my a.rse moaning about it. If you don't like it don't read my posts do something really important instead like watching Coronation Street Eastenders or X Factor. That's really going to change things
dundreamin
LFC Super Member

Postby heimdall » Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:34 pm

supersub » Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:05 pm wrote:There is never excuse for theft ...I witnessed it happen in Athens...once; I'm sure it wasn't an isolated incident , I'm also sure it wasn't one of thousands...with regards to false entry....there were three security measures/areas/stations call it what you will, in place to check tickets. I was disappointed that so many had gained entry without  thought for the consequences of others but it should not deflect the major responsibility of the governing body..UEFA

Are you suggesting that the fans should take no personal responsibility, is it also the police's fault every time a crime happened because they didn't prevent the criminal from doing the crime? I'm not saying UEFA are blameless but surely more of the blame is on the thieving c$nts who stole tickets and seats form their fellow fans.
heimdall

Postby heimdall » Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:37 pm

dundreamin » Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:23 am wrote:Fowler E7
Cringe
At least iam prepared to make a stand actually doing something I don't agree with instead of sitting on my a.rse moaning about it. If you don't like it don't read my posts do something really important instead like watching Coronation Street Eastenders or X Factor. That's really going to change things

Did you also find it offensive when Suarez mock dived in front of Moyles? What would you have said to a manure fan who did find it offensive. You need to get a sense of humour lad because you're making a t!t of yourself.
heimdall

Postby Benny The Noon » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:20 pm

dundreamin » Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:23 am wrote:Fowler E7
Cringe

Why did you get your 11 year old to write the e mail though ?
Benny The Noon

Postby dundreamin » Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:44 pm

As I said earlier if you don't like my posts don't fooking read them. As I tend to ignore a few k.nobheads in here. I reckon half of you have never been to Anfield let alone been to a match. Thick  t.wats
dundreamin
LFC Super Member

Postby dundreamin » Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:52 pm

As I said earlier if you don't like my posts don't fooking read them. As I tend to ignore a few k.nobheads in here. I reckon half of you have never been to Anfield let alone been to a match. Thick  t.wats
dundreamin
LFC Super Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion