Surely this is provacation

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Benny The Noon » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:05 pm

Athens wasnt exactly a great example of our behaviour - lots of errors by UEFA but our fans didnt exactly cover themselves in glory that day.
Benny The Noon

Postby dundreamin » Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:06 am

Athens what about all the trouble since then in Italy and Eastern Europe just to mention two. Benny do you really support LFC?
dundreamin
LFC Super Member

Location: skelmersdale. Land of the roundabouts and utter boredom

Postby Reg » Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:09 am

As I stated at the time, a friend working for UEFA confirmed to me that UEFA cancelled the order for turnstiles to be erected some weeks before the final. That fans were able to gain entry without tickets and rushing the gates was purely down to UEFA's lack of preparation. As usual everyone else is blamed except the perpertrator, UEFA.

Now then, Judge to rule on releasing blood bags to sporting authorities. The verdicts in the Operacion Puerto trial will be handed down in Madrid on April 30, when the presiding judge will also decide whether to pass the blood bags seized from Dr. Eufemiano Fuentes’ freezer onto the relevant anti-doping authorities, according to a report in Spanish newspaper AS.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/operaci ... r-april-30

A lot of those are said to be footballers who were doping. Lets see if UEFA and FIFA manage to snuff that one out. Anyone want to bet?
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:35 am

dundreamin » Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:06 am wrote:Athens what about all the trouble since then in Italy and Eastern Europe just to mention two. Benny do you really support LFC?

You were the one that mentioned Athens pal - in your little tirade earlier.
Benny The Noon

Postby dundreamin » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:25 am

You were the one that mentioned Athens pal - in your little tirade earlier.

Yes I did that was,nt a tirade that was a FACT
dundreamin
LFC Super Member

Location: skelmersdale. Land of the roundabouts and utter boredom

Postby Benny The Noon » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:29 am

dundreamin » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:25 am wrote:You were the one that mentioned Athens pal - in your little tirade earlier.

And it's also a fact that in Athens Liverpool fans didnt cover themselves in glory.
Benny The Noon

Postby supersub » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:47 am

Benny The Noon » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:29 am wrote:
dundreamin » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:25 am wrote:You were the one that mentioned Athens pal - in your little tirade earlier.

And it's also a fact that in Athens Liverpool fans didnt cover themselves in glory.

FU.CK OFF KN.BHEAD
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby supersub » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:51 am

you clearly weren't there...yes there would have been individuals of unsavoury character but don't be attempting to blanket everyone or the vast majority with your ill-informed assessment of Athens.....
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby Benny The Noon » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:51 am

So Liverpool fans without tickets didnt try to steal other people's tickets or didnt storm through into the stadium without tickets and didnt take people's seats with false tickets - all which is fact.

I know it's fact because I was there and witnessed it.
Benny The Noon

Postby Benny The Noon » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:52 am

supersub » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:51 am wrote:you clearly weren't there...yes there would have been individuals of unsavoury character but don't be attempting to blanket everyone or the vast majority with your ill-informed assessment of Athens.....

Actually was there and witnessed it

Thousands travelled without tickets to try and find a way into the game.
Benny The Noon

Postby supersub » Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:40 pm

and you felt the stadium, surroundings, ticket arrangements , security procedures, were second to none and it was the fans , including you and I , who at fault
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby babu » Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:43 pm

Benny The Noon » Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:29 am wrote:

I made that trip to Athens, I met a whole bunch of scouse support. All I saw was fans having a good time in the square, some desperate for tickets and at the stadium, I saw long slow lines. But that was it. During the game I saw one end completely covered in red, songs and banners etc. at the end, I was gutted. But the reds mostly stayed to clap the team as they did a walk around.

Not sure what you are talking about.

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:45 pm

supersub » Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:40 pm wrote:and you felt the stadium, surroundings, ticket arrangements , security procedures, were second to none and it was the fans , including you and I , who at fault

I didn't say that did I SS - I know exactly how poor the facilities and the setup was - I was lucky I got into the stadium early and I know full well how badly UEFA handled the final and they were lucky no one was hurt.

But that doesn't absolve blame from a section of our fans who decided to steal from their fellow fans , use known false tickets to take their fellow fans legitimate seats, rush through the barriers using any method. Fans without tickets tried anyway they could to get into the ground and that was wrong.
Benny The Noon

Postby babu » Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:50 pm

Benny The Noon » Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:52 am wrote:
supersub » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:51 am wrote:you clearly weren't there...yes there would have been individuals of unsavoury character but don't be attempting to blanket everyone or the vast majority with your ill-informed assessment of Athens.....

Actually was there and witnessed it

Thousands travelled without tickets to try and find a way into the game.

That is a strange statement, so you were there ok. I also saw thousands, proud reds, having a good ole party. How do you know none of these thousands had tickets? Sure I met a few without tickets. It'd take days to ask thousands.

And lastly Benny, why the fu.ck are you bringing this up?

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby babu » Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:56 pm

Sorry last post of this matter. I arrived at Athens early and spent several days with the Greek chapter of the lfc supporters club. That was the only positive of the city. Everything else sucked as.s. the whole country was a mess, from the hotels, the police, public transport and airport.

Since then I've had a massive dislike for Athens.

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion