Support for harry - Kewell played well

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby A.B. » Mon Nov 29, 2004 2:54 am

Dalglish wrote:This is FOOTBALL not a PANTOMINE so lets lose the "Bad guy /Good guy" inquiry after every game and acknowledge a superb team performance today !!!!

As much as I agree with ya, I doubt that will happen.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby mrcool2003 » Mon Nov 29, 2004 2:59 am

as i said on another topic, kewell will probably have this season to prove him gd enough and i think if he hasn't, hes gone, today yes if u watched the highlights you would probably see a good performance, i watched the whole match live and he was poor again, didn't impress, warnock would be a better option and i wasn't impressed with riise either
mrcool2003
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adayinthelife » Mon Nov 29, 2004 6:04 am

mrcool2003 wrote:i wasn't impressed with riise either

Riise was solid as a rock and there was no threat from arsenals right side all game.
Smith to Shankly:My thigh is a bit sore,but I think I could play.
Shankly to Fagan:Tell him,Joe.He has got no chance of playing.
Smith to Fagan:Tell him to sod off.It is not his leg,it's mine.
Shankly to Smith:Oh no son.You are wrong,son.It is not your leg.
It is Liverpool Football Club's leg.
adayinthelife
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Mon Nov 29, 2004 7:42 am

mrcool2003 wrote:... i watched the whole match live and he was poor again, didn't impress, warnock would be a better option and i wasn't impressed with riise either

Slightly different opinion...maybe it is the expectation issue?
I thought Harry played average, much more involved than in the past few games. Track back to help out the defence numerous time.
and I thought Riise was rather solid and played well...not impressed??
I trust Rafa with his judgement on players selection but fans will no doubt feel short-changed by Harry's attitute since joing us  :angry:
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Mon Nov 29, 2004 10:07 am

Dalglish wrote:This is FOOTBALL not a PANTOMINE so lets lose the "Bad guy /Good guy" inquiry after every game and acknowledge a superb team performance today !!!!

Here here :cool:
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby African-red » Mon Nov 29, 2004 10:17 am

Kewell should not be allowed to play football again. He simply is a disgrace. I mean he lost balls unlike any professional. If we still have hope for Kewell let it be with another team. Pls sell the deadwood as they are only a hindrance to Rafa's plans. We could finished the game along time ago if Kewell had not lost the ball at decisive points in the game and Arsenal could have finished us off is they had used the chances Kewell created for them. Yes created. I am simply happy for the win but I am mad that Kewell played for more than a few minutes.
African-red

Postby bigmick » Mon Nov 29, 2004 10:30 am

When debating Kewell, his wages are an irrelavence really. Whether he's on 65 grand a week or 65p he doesn't or shouldn't try proportionally harder. He hasn't really done it for us, ok thats an understatement but I thought he did ok yesterday. He does look overwieght, the face always gives it away and this is difficult to excuse but I suspect Rafa is onto that and expect an improvement within the month. Suffice to say Harry's crimbo dinner won't be too exciting.
On balance, I think he's worth sticking with for a while. He can do it after all and if Rafa can get inside his head and extract a performance or two out of him then he would be a mega-player for us. Give Rafa six months, if he can't make him play then get rid.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Mon Nov 29, 2004 10:38 am

i thought he had a good game for us and if he plays like that week in week out i'll have no complaints
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Mon Nov 29, 2004 11:25 am

words of wisdom which will sadly go unheeded on this forum which always needs a good guy and a bad guy to talk about
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion