SUNDERLAND VS LIVERPOOL - Season opener Saturday 17.30pm ko

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby LOVERPOOL » Sat Aug 16, 2008 2:41 pm

at least I can watch it on TV! :shifty
''   
We ought to die before we let the fire out...
                                                               ''

(we probably gonna die /- :)
LOVERPOOL

Postby zarababe » Sat Aug 16, 2008 2:43 pm

Sabre wrote:Can't wait.

I feared that Spanish TV would forget about the Liverpool game because of the olympics, but they're gonna broadcast it. Nice one, I'll comment here.

Good  ol spain - spiritual reds ay

2-0 at least to us - get in redmen - my heart my soul

rafa's reds on the march,
gerrard's war cry leading the charge
torres & keane get in there  :angry:

"we bougt the lad from sunny spain,
he gets the ball and scores again fernando torres Liverpool's no 9 ....."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUjRQfJ3f74&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdy8qtAkrZM&feature=related
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby samurai3000 » Sat Aug 16, 2008 2:57 pm

sunderland 0-3  torres, keane 2  thats my prediction
samurai3000

Postby aCe' » Sat Aug 16, 2008 2:57 pm

peewee wrote:
aCe' wrote:especially the 4 attacking options we have (Benayoun, Kuyt, Keane and Torres)

:p

:laugh:

hey now i know Kuyt is probably one of the worst strikers in the premier league but i think he's done okay on the right since hes been played there. Hes very frustrating at times and believe me i'd play pennant ahead of him in a 4-4-2 any day of the week but thats quite simply not going to happen under Rafa imo. That being said and all, i still think he's gonna score today and 2-1 with Kuyt and Gerrard on the scoresheet and a poor display overall.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Sat Aug 16, 2008 2:57 pm

Well if we are going to spend 20 million quid on a striker and then either not play him or play him out of position in the first game of the season then the World truly has gone bonkers. I think Keane will play, in a slightly withdrawn role and that Gerrard will start centrally alongside Alonso.

I only hope that the "will he/won't he, did he/didn't he" nonsense regarding the manager won't overtly distract the team from the task on hand. By all accounts we'll need to play a lot better than we did in midweek, and I think we will and just about get home by the odd goal. I'm going to try and find a telly in Poland (over here for a wedding) which has got it on. 2-1 is my shout.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JohnBull » Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:17 pm

Mick
It's on Canal Sports 2 in Poland. Would have thought most bars will be showing it. Are the brasses still cheap there ? In the EEC now bet it's not £5 for a BJ anymore.
JohnBull
JohnBull
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:29 pm

Don't know about brasses John, but at the wedding (which was a two day affair, Thursday and Friday) I had this fantastic little Polish lass following us around all night. The missus is at home in NZ with the kids as well but it ain't really my scene John (I tend not to favour the away legs) so I gave it a miss. Fecking deserve a medal though mate I can tell you that. Sometimes when you do something really good you end up getting no credit for it. That's life though mate I guess  :)
Last edited by bigmick on Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:34 pm

bigmick wrote:Don't know about brasses John, but at the wedding (which was a two day affair, Thursday and Friday) I had this fantastic little Polish lass following us around all night. The missus is at home in NZ with the kids as well but it ain't really my scene John (I tend not to favour the away legs) so I gave it a miss. Fecking deserve a medal though mate I can tell you that. Sometimes when you do something really good you end up getting no credit for it. That's life though mate I guess  :)

bigmick, the dirk kuyt of sh@ggers, cant even score when its set up for him in the six yard box with the keeper out of the way

:D
Last edited by 112-1077774096 on Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
112-1077774096

Postby bigmick » Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:39 pm

Mate it was an open goal and fecking beautiful as well. Must be something wrong with her eyesight the poor cow :D
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:51 pm

s@int wrote:
Cool Hand Luke wrote:Would definitely like to see Hyypia in the side for his aerial ability and Skrtel for his aggression. Carragher struggled in the centre last year and didn’t have a great game midweek so I would be more comfortable using him on the right and Arbeloa on left. Not many options in the middle so if Alonso is fit he should partner Plessi.

At this stage of the season we don’t want to take too many risks with new players and formations, build some momentum first and then make changes.

Reina

Carragher   Skrtel   Hyypia   Arbeloa

Alonso    Plessi

Kuyt       Gerrard       Benayoun

Torres

No Keane? I would be quite happy with your defence CHL  but I would prefer Keane to either Benny or Kuyt, while still prefering him up front with Torres.

If were going to play 4-4-2 this season then fine, lets play Keane alongside Torres (even though I think we paid way too much for a player we don’t need and isn’t the right partner for Torres).

But if were going to play 4-2-3-1 this season then the signing of Keane is bizarre. He is a striker who like’s to play upfront with a partner.

4-2-3-1 gets the best out of our best players (Alonso, Masch, Gerrard and Torres), we should have just added players that would have fitted into the system and aided the players mentioned.

Keane was the wrong signing. Now we have we should obviously play him, but upfront.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby John Kegs » Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:58 pm

GET IN!!!! 1-0 Torres!
John Kegs

Postby Number 9 » Sat Aug 16, 2008 4:01 pm

bigmick wrote:Mate it was an open goal and fecking beautiful as well. Must be something wrong with her eyesight the poor cow :D

You're just saying that incase the missus logs on here some night!
Good work Mick!
:;):  :D
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sat Aug 16, 2008 4:32 pm

Cool Hand Luke wrote:
s@int wrote:
Cool Hand Luke wrote:Would definitely like to see Hyypia in the side for his aerial ability and Skrtel for his aggression. Carragher struggled in the centre last year and didn’t have a great game midweek so I would be more comfortable using him on the right and Arbeloa on left. Not many options in the middle so if Alonso is fit he should partner Plessi.

At this stage of the season we don’t want to take too many risks with new players and formations, build some momentum first and then make changes.

Reina

Carragher   Skrtel   Hyypia   Arbeloa

Alonso    Plessi

Kuyt       Gerrard       Benayoun

Torres

No Keane? I would be quite happy with your defence CHL  but I would prefer Keane to either Benny or Kuyt, while still prefering him up front with Torres.

If were going to play 4-4-2 this season then fine, lets play Keane alongside Torres (even though I think we paid way too much for a player we don’t need and isn’t the right partner for Torres).

But if were going to play 4-2-3-1 this season then the signing of Keane is bizarre. He is a striker who like’s to play upfront with a partner.

4-2-3-1 gets the best out of our best players (Alonso, Masch, Gerrard and Torres), we should have just added players that would have fitted into the system and aided the players mentioned.

Keane was the wrong signing. Now we have we should obviously play him, but upfront.

Yeah I agree with most of that CHL  :nod
account deleted by request

Postby Number 9 » Sat Aug 16, 2008 4:39 pm

http://www.justin.tv/chavulmb
Hopefully a good stream for the game today,So far i have had no problems with anything on Justin.Tv!
Fingers crossed!! :)
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LegBarnes » Sat Aug 16, 2008 4:42 pm

Ok here we go 10-0 my normal prediction.  :D
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion