SUNDERLAND VS LIVERPOOL - Season opener Saturday 17.30pm ko

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby kazza » Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:16 pm

bigmick wrote:I never got chance to comment on the game and everyones already said it so I'll keep it short. Obviously it was a fairly poor performance and thank God for Torres, but unsurprisingly the most worrying aspect of the whole affair was the selection as far as I was concerned. Just about the only positive to come from the selectorial silliness which brought about the decision to start the game with Plessis rather than Alonso, was the (by the managers standards) extremely hasty decision to admit yet another blunder had been made and alter the team at half time.

That Alonso proved himself to be far superior to the young frenchman was no surprise. We all knew that surely, even those of us in the "unfortunately after a brilliant first eigtheen months" camp would fully expect it to be the case.

What was the reason, the "dead leg" recieved in a previous game? The "delayed gazelle"? (perhaps we were keeping him fresh for a game in March), was it perhaps that we didn't want him to get injured so we can sell him?

Whatever and wherever, whan are we going to learn that you can't feck around with the team and play an understrength eleven and get away with it every time. Sometimes you do, and this time we did thanks to Torres, but please, please Rafa, FFS lets just play the strongest team we have available and get some momentum.

Hopefully we'll put it behind us against Middlesboro.

I think it is ridiculous to think that raffa did not field the strongest team possible on the first game of the season. What was he saving them for Mick, the international friendlies?

Get a grip!

:laugh:
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:21 am

kazza wrote:
bigmick wrote:I never got chance to comment on the game and everyones already said it so I'll keep it short. Obviously it was a fairly poor performance and thank God for Torres, but unsurprisingly the most worrying aspect of the whole affair was the selection as far as I was concerned. Just about the only positive to come from the selectorial silliness which brought about the decision to start the game with Plessis rather than Alonso, was the (by the managers standards) extremely hasty decision to admit yet another blunder had been made and alter the team at half time.

That Alonso proved himself to be far superior to the young frenchman was no surprise. We all knew that surely, even those of us in the "unfortunately after a brilliant first eigtheen months" camp would fully expect it to be the case.

What was the reason, the "dead leg" recieved in a previous game? The "delayed gazelle"? (perhaps we were keeping him fresh for a game in March), was it perhaps that we didn't want him to get injured so we can sell him?

Whatever and wherever, whan are we going to learn that you can't feck around with the team and play an understrength eleven and get away with it every time. Sometimes you do, and this time we did thanks to Torres, but please, please Rafa, FFS lets just play the strongest team we have available and get some momentum.

Hopefully we'll put it behind us against Middlesboro.

I think it is ridiculous to think that raffa did not field the strongest team possible on the first game of the season. What was he saving them for Mick, the international friendlies?

Get a grip!

:laugh:

So the team he fielded in the infamous season opener at Bramhall Lane was his strongest then? 

I think we'll have to add this one to the ever lengthening "agree to differ" list  :)
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:00 pm

s@int wrote:Yeah, stop giving us your honest opinion and just toe the "Rafa is wonderful" line Mick :D

I'm all for brazen honesty - but not in every bleedin' post! :D

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sat Aug 23, 2008 5:24 pm

:laugh: :laugh:
Last edited by account deleted by request on Sat Aug 23, 2008 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
account deleted by request

Postby Emerald Red » Sat Aug 23, 2008 6:27 pm

Shouldn't this thread now be closed? It's well done and dusted.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:11 pm

Emerald Red wrote:Shouldn't this thread now be closed? It's well done and dusted.

Yesh.  :D
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion