SUNDERLAND VS LIVERPOOL - Season opener Saturday 17.30pm ko

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby SupitsJonF » Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:25 pm

Emerald Red wrote:I've noticed that over Xbox Live, momma insults are the American way.

Xbox live is a bad place, the racism there is unbelievable.  Shows what happens when a bunch of little bast.ard kids get to be in the safety of their own homes mouthing off on whoever they want to thinking theres no harm in it, otherwise they wouldnt say 99% of the things they say to the persons actual face.  I wish I could voice record half the things they say and email it to their parents, would be hilarious  :D.

But your right, yo momma and chuck norris are having a bit of a fad right now, its lame.

-------------

I agree with hello_red, Ronaldo is not a natural winger in any way and almost plays the role of a second striker for man u.  Hell I think a couple games last season he did play striker..
SupitsJonF

Postby Sean » Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:30 pm

After watching Saturday's game I can't understand why Rafa is happy to offload Steve Finnan.  Dossena does not exude confidence and I still reckon Arbelo is limited.
Every Single Ball
Sean
LFC Super Member

Postby HacksawJimDuggin » Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:03 pm

Not a lot we can really take from Saturday other than the 3 points, the impact Xabi made and Torres' moment of brilliance.

Apart from that we looked flat and without much creative wise.

But...it was our 1st league game of the season and the points were all that mattered.
HacksawJimDuggin
LFC Super Member

Postby The Manhattan Project » Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:36 pm

I wonder how many times this season commentators on TV and radio will remark that the last time we wore grey, we won the league?
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SupitsJonF » Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:14 am

The Manhattan Project wrote:I wonder how many times this season commentators on TV and radio will remark that the last time we wore grey, we won the league?

But Spain wore yellow and they never won a game with yellow before, but they won the Euro Cup....

Lets hope the opposite isn't true for us  :D
SupitsJonF

Postby zarababe » Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:44 pm

Good result & tuff game - not many will win there.

good to see mancs drop points - chelsea r looking good and so was Barry - see why rafa wants him created 2 goals and was in the opposition box trying to score on many occassions.
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:01 pm

I never got chance to comment on the game and everyones already said it so I'll keep it short. Obviously it was a fairly poor performance and thank God for Torres, but unsurprisingly the most worrying aspect of the whole affair was the selection as far as I was concerned. Just about the only positive to come from the selectorial silliness which brought about the decision to start the game with Plessis rather than Alonso, was the (by the managers standards) extremely hasty decision to admit yet another blunder had been made and alter the team at half time.

That Alonso proved himself to be far superior to the young frenchman was no surprise. We all knew that surely, even those of us in the "unfortunately after a brilliant first eigtheen months" camp would fully expect it to be the case.

What was the reason, the "dead leg" recieved in a previous game? The "delayed gazelle"? (perhaps we were keeping him fresh for a game in March), was it perhaps that we didn't want him to get injured so we can sell him?

Whatever and wherever, whan are we going to learn that you can't feck around with the team and play an understrength eleven and get away with it every time. Sometimes you do, and this time we did thanks to Torres, but please, please Rafa, FFS lets just play the strongest team we have available and get some momentum.

Hopefully we'll put it behind us against Middlesboro.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:37 pm

Alonso had a knock apparently.
LFC2007

Postby Lando_Griffin » Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:42 pm

bigmick wrote:I never got chance to comment on the game and everyones already said it so I'll keep it short. Obviously it was a fairly poor performance and thank God for Torres, but unsurprisingly the most worrying aspect of the whole affair was the selection as far as I was concerned. Just about the only positive to come from the selectorial silliness which brought about the decision to start the game with Plessis rather than Alonso, was the (by the managers standards) extremely hasty decision to admit yet another blunder had been made and alter the team at half time.

That Alonso proved himself to be far superior to the young frenchman was no surprise. We all knew that surely, even those of us in the "unfortunately after a brilliant first eigtheen months" camp would fully expect it to be the case.

What was the reason, the "dead leg" recieved in a previous game? The "delayed gazelle"? (perhaps we were keeping him fresh for a game in March), was it perhaps that we didn't want him to get injured so we can sell him?

Whatever and wherever, whan are we going to learn that you can't feck around with the team and play an understrength eleven and get away with it every time. Sometimes you do, and this time we did thanks to Torres, but please, please Rafa, FFS lets just play the strongest team we have available and get some momentum.

These little digs have got to stop BigMick.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:13 pm

Yeah, stop giving us your honest opinion and just toe the "Rafa is wonderful" line Mick :D
account deleted by request

Postby Sabre » Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:18 pm

And more importantly, has Rafa really seen the light?

We'll see against Middlesborough  :laugh:
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:24 pm

bigmick wrote:I never got chance to comment on the game and everyones already said it so I'll keep it short. Obviously it was a fairly poor performance and thank God for Torres, but unsurprisingly the most worrying aspect of the whole affair was the selection as far as I was concerned. Just about the only positive to come from the selectorial silliness which brought about the decision to start the game with Plessis rather than Alonso, was the (by the managers standards) extremely hasty decision to admit yet another blunder had been made and alter the team at half time.

I was actually waiting for Mick to broach the subject. :D  Much depends, of course, on whether you believe Alonso truly had a knock and, if so, how risky it was to play him anyway.  Judging by his 2nd half performance, he didn't look too laboured but I'm prepared to admit that this ongoing Alonso/Barry transfer saga has got me a little bit more cynical than usual.

I thought the other talking point was the choice of Sami over Agger at CB.  Now, I know a lot of people were calling for Sami to start following Agger's sluggish display in Belgium (also, I think, in anticipation of Sunderland going Route 1).  Indeed, if you're comfortable with rotation, I doubt there was little to be fussed about: Sami's proven he's still got what it takes to compete at this level and it's an issue of horses for courses.

Personally, though, I would like to see more stability across our back 4 this season and I think that means picking a first-choice CB pairing and giving them a run of games.  I highly doubt that Carragher and Hyypia will be that pairing this year so why start with them on Day 1? 

As it happened, we dealt with Sunderland's threat regardless so it's not a major concern but perhaps it offers some early insights into the rotation: will he or won't he this season? debate that started to take shape over the close season. ???
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby account deleted by request » Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:52 pm

I think rafa will rotate just as much as ever, the only difference being, so far this season we have had a distinct lack of options up front and in the wide areas.I think we will however see Keane and Torres playing most of the time as they try to build an understanding and partnership.

Once Masch, Lucas and Babel return from the Olympics, and Degen,Skrtel and Aurelio return to full fitness, I think it will be rotation as usual. (That is with all the usual moans and groans from the anti's :D )

I honestly don't think Agger has got his sharpness back yet, and it was that rather than rotation that saw Hyypia picked instead.

Postby Bad Bob » Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:58 pm

s@int wrote:I honestly don't think Agger has got his sharpness back yet, and it was that rather than rotation that saw Hyypia picked instead.

That's why I think he should have played, mate.  There's no substitute for match fitness.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby account deleted by request » Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:05 pm

Bad Bob wrote:
s@int wrote:I honestly don't think Agger has got his sharpness back yet, and it was that rather than rotation that saw Hyypia picked instead.

That's why I think he should have played, mate.  There's no substitute for match fitness.

I agree Bob, I posted similar thoughts in the Middlesbro' thread.......At home we shouldn't be playing Hyypia (imo) so I would bring Agger back for this one. Agger hasn't looked his old self so far but he is only going to get his form back with games....

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion