SUNDERLAND VS LIVERPOOL - Season opener Saturday 17.30pm ko

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ace Ventura » Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:16 pm

I have just returned from holiday where i missed the Standard Liege match as there was no sky where i was. I was reading with interest what everyone had to say on here though and was gutted with the negative reports.

After watching today i will say i am shocked with what i saw. We were so bad i cant believe we won, Torres pulled a rabbit out of the hat make no mistake about that.
First half we played long ball and Torres and Keane looked bemused as time after time the ball drifted over there heads to the tall but poor Sunderland centre halves.
We seemed to be 20 yards too deep the whole game, inviting pressure as well and the wide players just cut inside almost every time...not always there fault as there was no options.

People said that Dossena was a liability on wed, pushing on and leaving Agger to fill in pulling him over, so what do we do ? Play Hyypia (who did ok btw) in the position Agger played leaving him exposed time and time again, that made no sense to me.

Also the tactics, what was with the gap between the midfield and attack ? it was a joke at times, how Keane and Torres are meant to bring people into play that are 20-30 yards further back is beyond me.

The subs still baffle me, Kuyt should of come off instead of Keane if you want El Zahr on, when its 0-0 you keep the players on that are a threat.

Torres's finish was out of nothing and we did not deserve it, obviously we will take it, and we should be pleased but we wont get away with that many times, especially in the games that Torres is rested.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:35 pm

Number 9 wrote:
Fo Dne wrote:I want Torres babies! :) :bowdown  :buttrock

That would figure since you've been talking to a guy from Belfast for ages on MSN and thought he was a girl from somewhere else!! :D

Whats wrong?Cat got your tongue Stuarty? :laugh:
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby rafa09 » Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:43 pm

WE WON 3 PTS. Some of you on this forum are never happy.I don,t care how we play as long as we win. How many times have mange and chavski done that? Do you hear them moaning when they win? If you don,t back LFC in these dark times, :censored: OFF and go and support someone else.
rafa09

Postby OneHotRed » Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:47 pm

Ace Ventura wrote:I have just returned from holiday where i missed the Standard Liege match as there was no sky where i was. I was reading with interest what everyone had to say on here though and was gutted with the negative reports.

After watching today i will say i am shocked with what i saw. We were so bad i cant believe we won, Torres pulled a rabbit out of the hat make no mistake about that.
First half we played long ball and Torres and Keane looked bemused as time after time the ball drifted over there heads to the tall but poor Sunderland centre halves.
We seemed to be 20 yards too deep the whole game, inviting pressure as well and the wide players just cut inside almost every time...not always there fault as there was no options.

People said that Dossena was a liability on wed, pushing on and leaving Agger to fill in pulling him over, so what do we do ? Play Hyypia (who did ok btw) in the position Agger played leaving him exposed time and time again, that made no sense to me.

Also the tactics, what was with the gap between the midfield and attack ? it was a joke at times, how Keane and Torres are meant to bring people into play that are 20-30 yards further back is beyond me.

The subs still baffle me, Kuyt should of come off instead of Keane if you want El Zahr on, when its 0-0 you keep the players on that are a threat.

Torres's finish was out of nothing and we did not deserve it, obviously we will take it, and we should be pleased but we wont get away with that many times, especially in the games that Torres is rested.

100% totally agree with this, best post in this thread
OneHotRed
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:50 pm

rafa09 wrote:WE WON 3 PTS. Some of you on this forum are never happy.I don,t care how we play as long as we win. How many times have mange and chavski done that? Do you hear them moaning when they win? If you don,t back LFC in these dark times, :censored: OFF and go and support someone else.

Dont think there are many suppoters that arent happy mate.

You have come out with the age old statement, if you dont back LFC then support someone else.

Well.....today did you think that we would win ? That it was only a matter of time before the goal came ?

If you did i am surprised, listen i am made up we won ugly that is the sign of champions, and that 3 points could be crucial. BUT we have started very poorly so far and look disjointed and like the players dont know what formation they are meant to be employing.
And Kuyt again got to stay on despite at times being so ineffective they could of left him on his own, if you can understand things like that then explain to me.

Torres pulled us out of it like Gerrard has in the past, and i hate all this talk about players carrying teams but Rafa seems to make it a routine at times.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby OneHotRed » Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:53 pm

rafa09 wrote:WE WON 3 PTS. Some of you on this forum are never happy.I don,t care how we play as long as we win. How many times have mange and chavski done that? Do you hear them moaning when they win? If you don,t back LFC in these dark times, :censored: OFF and go and support someone else.

See here in lies the problem - We all KNOW we won, but sometimes for some people it would be nice to see a performance to go along with a result, thats all thats been said here, we didnt deserve anything today.

If it was a one off thing maybe, but the warning signs of this have been here all through the pre-season and Liege game.

we ALL back LFC here (99% the odd WUM) and if you have the attitude of "not caring how we play" you go go :censored: yourself right back - Thats not Liverpool, play with pride and heart, i think your confusing us with Chelsea as the way your wanting us to play is very much Mourinho, which game in the finals of the CHamps lge  did you switch to LFC? after the Garcia goal?
OneHotRed
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby King Carra » Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:58 pm

People can never be pleased tbh. Didn't think the performance was great, but we did today what Chelsea, Man Utd and Man Utd have done countless of times - win when we played badly. People don't give Sunderland enough credit either - at home they're EXCELLENT. I can tell you now, the other top teams will stuggle there this season. We didn't have the space we wanted, as Keane made the pitch smaller which upset the balance of the side imo. Not enough space for creativity and whenever Benayoun cut inside, he was never more than a couple of metres away from a Sunderland player.

Lots of positives to take out of the game though. Can't wait till we play with 4-2-3-1 again though, I don't like saying this, but I wanna see Keane on the right of the the formation rather than taking up the Gerrard role.
King Carra

Postby Ace Ventura » Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:00 pm

OneHotRed wrote:

See here in lies the problem - We all KNOW we won, but sometimes for some people it would be nice to see a performance to go along with a result, thats all thats been said here, we didnt deserve anything today.

If it was a one off thing maybe, but the warning signs of this have been here all through the pre-season and Liege game.

we ALL back LFC here (99% the odd WUM) and if you have the attitude of "not caring how we play" you go go :censored: yourself right back - Thats not Liverpool, play with pride and heart, i think your confusing us with Chelsea as the way your wanting us to play is very much Mourinho, which game in the finals of the CHamps lge  did you switch to LFC? after the Garcia goal?

I dont think for one moment this lad/girl is like that,they have probably supported the club for years.

What they might not understand about people being disappointed (despite a win) is that we are worried about how performances as well as results breed confidence.
We look awful, hopefully that is temporary but it doesnt look great so far.
Lets hope this was a case of we dug ourselves out of a poor performance and nicked the 3 points but i am not so sure.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:01 pm

???  :O  :eyebrow  :nod

Quote (Reg @ Aug. 14 2008,16:03)
Quote (Igor Zidane @ Aug. 14 2008,15:53)
Can't be @resd arguing with the blerts who are over reacting about last night. Yes we were sh!te , yes we are still in the tie and yes i can't wait to see the reaction  of some of the posters on here after our FIRST game of the season against Sunderland.

Win lose or draw, the reaction will be negative.

Excactly Reg , my only worry for the Sunderland game ,is getting our defense sorted, we will get beat for certain ,if we defend like that again.

:laugh: 
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby hello_red » Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:23 pm

:D to the last few pages.
hello_red
LFC Super Member

Postby john1992 » Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:26 pm

well many seem to be unhappy with the way that we played and i think its a fair point but everything that needs to be said has been

at the end of the day we won the 3 points in what was tricky away tie that could have ended up worse

the prem title is won when you are at your worst and if we can grind out away wins when we are not at our best then we stand a good chance

not the best start in the world but im just glad to have Premireship football back god ive missed it :)
john1992

Postby Ace Ventura » Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:37 pm

john1992 wrote:well many seem to be unhappy with the way that we played and i think its a fair point but everything that needs to be said has been

at the end of the day we won the 3 points in what was tricky away tie that could have ended up worse

the prem title is won when you are at your worst and if we can grind out away wins when we are not at our best then we stand a good chance

not the best start in the world but im just glad to have Premireship football back god ive missed it :)

Think we all agree with that mate.

Despite any moans we are all made up that the season has started again, Everton lost and we won, that will do despite any performances  :)

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LegBarnes » Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:47 pm

Your woodgate looked a pile of sh.it today thank fu.ck you don't run the club.  :sleepy:
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby OneHotRed » Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:48 pm

Ace Ventura wrote:
OneHotRed wrote:

I dont think for one moment this lad/girl is like that,they have probably supported the club for years.

What they might not understand about people being disappointed (despite a win) is that we are worried about how performances as well as results breed confidence.
We look awful, hopefully that is temporary but it doesnt look great so far.
Lets hope this was a case of we dug ourselves out of a poor performance and nicked the 3 points but i am not so sure.

Sorry ace i just dont like being told to go and support someone else after

1.  My team had played so bad the last few games im anxious about the coming season (having the league again is my dream)

2. He's been registered since July
OneHotRed
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby OneHotRed » Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:49 pm

LegBarnes wrote:

Your woodgate looked a pile of sh.it today thank fu.ck you don't run the club.  :sleepy:

Woodgate from Boro? He was their man of the match - Voted in the game and on the TV  :Oo:
Last edited by OneHotRed on Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OneHotRed
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion