SUNDERLAND VS LIVERPOOL - Season opener Saturday 17.30pm ko

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby account deleted by request » Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:16 pm

HE worked hard

I find that worrying Toffeehater, I hope thats not a sign of things to come mate :D
Last edited by account deleted by request on Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
account deleted by request

Postby Toffeehater » Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:19 pm

s@int wrote:
HE worked hard

I find that worring Toffeehater, I hope thats not a sign of things to come mate :D

:D , was contemplating whether to mention that or not but still , i think he will be better once he gets some decent service to him and once he has played some games with torres. Remember last season the rooney and tevez partnership took about 4 to 5 games to set in and till than manu endured a very poor start to the season .
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:20 pm

Rush Job wrote:
LiverpoolMadman wrote:Hope that Rafa will buy 2 wingers (18M + 10M (Kuyt) + 8M (AV) = 36M) before the 2nd match at home

8m for who? Voronin? Surely not.

Now we know why his naem is liverpool madman   :p
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:21 pm

Toffeehater wrote:
s@int wrote:
HE worked hard

I find that worring Toffeehater, I hope thats not a sign of things to come mate :D

:D , was contemplating whether to mention that or not but still , i think he will be better once he gets some decent service to him and once he has played some games with torres. Remember last season the rooney and tevez partnership took about 4 to 5 games to set in and till than manu endured a very poor start to the season .

I know mate, I am not having a go at Keane, I just thought they struggled to make any impact as a pair today. A few games down the line and hopefully we will see the difference.

Postby Number 9 » Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:38 pm

s@int wrote:I can't say I agree with anyone who says Keane played well, I thought he was poor, he got virtually no good balls, but did nothing with the possession he did get. Torres was only slightly better (if that)until Keane went off .

Torres plays better on his own!
Stick Keane in behind him Gerrard on the right of a 3 man attacking MF with Babel on the left and if our Defence hold like they should with Alonso and Masch in front of them we should at least in theory command armys and conquer worlds!

Either way im :censored: a hoop!!! I thought it was gonna be a draw...No way says Nando..YNWA Fernando Torres,I love you...together we can  command armies and conquer americans!!!
LFC has more heart than the whole nation of the US and its wanna be into (soccer)ish threat!
Whether you threaten a particular state or a club you need to remember one thing...America we have played this game for a lot of years and we are very good at it!This is not some californian team of "soccer" stars born from the ballbag of a choice californian retrobate or high class vaigrant lying on beverly hills waiting on Colin Farrell saying..I can take this team places!
This is  LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB....WE DONT NEED ANYONE!!ALL WE NEED IS OURSELVES....AND WE SURE AS FU'CK DONT NEED AMERICAN NEGATIVITY..I HAVE BEEN IN THREADS AND LISTENED TO IT ALL..all over the net!
Not to start a nuclear war or anything but ...FU'CK OFF Americans,you can shove your patronising comments up your George W Bush @rse...SOME THINGS ARE MORE IMPORTANT!!!

WALK ON LFC with my heart intwined in yours!! :buttrock
YNWA Pool!!
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fo Dne » Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:43 pm

I want Torres babies! :) :bowdown  :buttrock
Fo Dne
LFC Super Member

Postby akumaface » Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:45 pm

Personally, i don't like Keane and don't think he is what we need. But I will cut him some slack today as this was his first official EPL game with us. He did worked hard and maybe tried too hard. Historically, Keane was always a slow warmer. I won't be surprise if he couldn't get his first goal in Sept (He only scored his first goal last season in early Sept). He is not our problem today. Obviously we lack width and speed. Don't really know why it is so hard to get a decent wide man even though we have money to spend.....
akumaface
LFC Super Member

Postby Number 9 » Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:48 pm

Fo Dne wrote:I want Torres babies! :) :bowdown  :buttrock

That would figure since you've been talking to a guy from Belfast for ages on MSN and thought he was a girl from somewhere else!! :D
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rush Job » Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:53 pm

p_i_n_g_u wrote:I'm not heavily in the pro or anti Rafa camp- he's done a good job overall but this season looks worrying to me. Terrible performance in midweek and the finances and situation with the owners seem to be getting worse. Rafa has made some great signings and seems to have bought some kids with great potential but some senior player signings I just can't get my head around. Pennant and Voronin need to go, not good enough. Benny I can take or leave as a fringe player- not quite up to LFC standard for me I suspect though. Its pretty clear to me our problems are simply the four wide positions - we need at least one quality winger and the team needs to have two quality fullbacks. I fear Dossena and Deggen will be far from that. I know it's early but Dossena won't cut it, I fear and suspect Deggen is much worse. I know he was free and may not be a first choice starter for Rafa, but that's no excuse. The spine of the team and squad are fine and we may have the players to move into these wide areas but there's simply not enough quality in the squad in those positions. I fear a 4th-6th position in the league is inevitable and the whole Rafa/Parry/Gillette/Hicks thing is going to implode before the season is out. Oh and I think Ngog deserved to come on instead of El Zhar judging from the pre-season games I've watched. DIC SOS. Peace.

"4th to 6th place finish is inevitable"   And you know this after one game, first of the season, a tricky away tie that we won.
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:56 pm

Number 9 wrote:
s@int wrote:I can't say I agree with anyone who says Keane played well, I thought he was poor, he got virtually no good balls, but did nothing with the possession he did get. Torres was only slightly better (if that)until Keane went off .

Stick Keane in behind him Gerrard on the right of a 3 man attacking MF with Babel on the left and if our Defence hold like they should with Alonso and Masch in front of them we should at least in theory command armys and conquer worlds!

Either way im :censored: a hoop!!! I thought it was gonna be a draw...No way says Nando..YNWA Fernando Torres,I love you...together we can  command armies and conquer americans!!!
LFC has more heart than the whole nation of the US and its wanna be into (soccer)ish threat!
Whether you threaten a particular state or a club you need to remember one thing...America we have played this game for a lot of years and we are very good at it!This is not some californian team of "soccer" stars born from the ballbag of a choice californian retrobate or high class vaigrant lying on beverly hills waiting on Colin Farrell saying..I can take this team places!
This is  LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB....WE DONT NEED ANYONE!!ALL WE NEED IS OURSELVES....AND WE SURE AS FU'CK DONT NEED AMERICAN NEGATIVITY..I HAVE BEEN IN THREADS AND LISTENED TO IT ALL..all over the net!
Not to start a nuclear war or anything but ...FU'CK OFF Americans,you can shove your patronising comments up your George W Bush @rse...SOME THINGS ARE MORE IMPORTANT!!!

YNWA Pool!!

Kinnell Barry , thats a big country to declare war on mate, could we not start off with telling the Isle of man to p!ss off instead mate?  :D

Postby Number 9 » Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:04 pm

s@int wrote:
Number 9 wrote:

YNWA Pool!!

Kinnell Barry , thats a big country to declare war on mate, could we not start off with telling the Isle of man to p!ss off instead mate?  :D

No Saint! :D Its time!Ask Stu?
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rush Job » Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:11 pm

Number 9 wrote:

YNWA Pool!!

You tell em Baz.
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:12 pm

Thank f.uck for Fernando!  What an escape act that was.  Christ it was like we were running through porridge all day...no pace or rhythm!  I thought most of our lads were average or poor for much of the match, including Stevie and Torres.  Thankfully we perked up after Alonso came on and thankfully Torres only needs a sniff to score these days.  An invaluable 3 points away to spirited opponents but there's a whole lot of room for improvement.

(We could start by not playing Kuyt or Benayoun as our wide players in a 4-4-2...blech!  :p  )
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby aCe' » Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:27 pm

Peewee is going to love this ! but fair enough, you were right, i was wrong .
starting Kuyt in the 4-2-3-1 is understandable as he offers more a threat joining in with the lone striker when the ball is on the left flank but in a 4-4-2  with wide men playing a more reserved role... dont think it will work. Pennant is a much better option down the right side atm imo. Not only can he actually beat a man and crosss the ball (2 things Kuyt cant seem to do), Pennant also adds pace and is a better option to have on the counter attack we seem to play in many if not most away games. In the game today, our counter attacks were frustrating to say the least. Kuyt passed back whenever anyone tried to close him down and Keane was simply poor in pretty much everything he did. Babel coming back would be good for our left side but the right side needs improvement since neither Kuyt nor Arbeloa seem able to beat a man or even put in a good cross. Finnan would be my preferred choice for RB unless we need Arbeloa for special tactical reasons (man marking, tricky wide men..etc).
Another thing i noticed today was that our defensive line was too deep even when we were on te ball; that quite simply allowed opposition forwards to pressure our midfielders higher up our pitch than would otherwise be the case. Agger adds alot by takin the ball and trying to open up more spaces for the holding midfielder but hyypia did great today and was the only playerto win most of his aerial challenges.
Great result, average performance but from what i saw we can improve considerably over the coming weeks with players coming back from the olympics, keane settling in...etc
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby p_i_n_g_u » Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:36 pm

Rush Job wrote:
p_i_n_g_u wrote:I'm not heavily in the pro or anti Rafa camp- he's done a good job overall but this season looks worrying to me. Terrible performance in midweek and the finances and situation with the owners seem to be getting worse. Rafa has made some great signings and seems to have bought some kids with great potential but some senior player signings I just can't get my head around. Pennant and Voronin need to go, not good enough. Benny I can take or leave as a fringe player- not quite up to LFC standard for me I suspect though. Its pretty clear to me our problems are simply the four wide positions - we need at least one quality winger and the team needs to have two quality fullbacks. I fear Dossena and Deggen will be far from that. I know it's early but Dossena won't cut it, I fear and suspect Deggen is much worse. I know he was free and may not be a first choice starter for Rafa, but that's no excuse. The spine of the team and squad are fine and we may have the players to move into these wide areas but there's simply not enough quality in the squad in those positions. I fear a 4th-6th position in the league is inevitable and the whole Rafa/Parry/Gillette/Hicks thing is going to implode before the season is out. Oh and I think Ngog deserved to come on instead of El Zhar judging from the pre-season games I've watched. DIC SOS. Peace.

"4th to 6th place finish is inevitable"   And you know this after one game, first of the season, a tricky away tie that we won.

Rush Job - You really should have put the full quote, namely "I FEAR A 4th to 6th place finish is inevitable". Rafa has greatly imporoved our squad since taking over - I just think a few key wide positions are missing and he's bought a few too many average players. To be fair I'd put money on 4th place, but in no way can I see the current squad getting above Chelsea & ManU. If Torres is out with injury for any length of time I fear we'd really struggle for 4th - Villa weren't far off last year and that was with Torres. Anyway, I have no beef with you - especially as I'm Welsh, I move back to Wales tomorrow and Rushie is my all-time hero..   :;):
p_i_n_g_u

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion