SUNDERLAND VS LIVERPOOL - 12:45 kick off

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Dundalk » Sun Aug 19, 2007 9:33 pm

After getting robbed in broad daylight by ROB Styles against Chelsea, next up we have Sunderland away and to be honest we should beat these hands down. I seen them against Spurs in th first game of the season and they were shocking ( as were Spurs) and from what I have seen from them since they haven't been giving me sleepless nights.

Its a must win game as they all are these days in the Premier League and we should win this one
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Forever_Red » Sun Aug 19, 2007 9:44 pm

totally agree dundalk, they've had a decent start considering they are relegation candidates.

This is a must win game and I'm sure we an do this

2:0 Torres Gerrard
Reclaim The Kop

YNWA
Forever_Red

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Aug 19, 2007 10:04 pm

this could prove to be a pretty tricky match, keane has been raging about his players ineptitude against wigan and calling himself `stupid` for believing they could cut the mustard in the prem and trusting them to do a job, he mentioned in this mornings papers that he reminded his players that the transfer window is open and he has money to spend.
a few sunderland players will be going into that game thinking their career`s as top flight players will be on the line, they will come out well fired up.
i still expect us to win comfortably but we will have to make sure we are ready to match their endeavour from the first whistle.

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby redtrader74 » Mon Aug 20, 2007 12:46 am

They may be fired up for the game, but them running aroud like d1ckheads should be easy to control. If we pass well, we'll beat them very easily, 2/3-0. The first 20 mins, and straight after half time will be the only time we need to contain them, if we have aspirations to win the league then we need to steamroller teams like these, and after watching us control Chelsea, and seeing what Torres and Babel can do, they will be the ones having the sleepless nights, not us.
redtrader74
LFC Super Member

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:12 am

Sunderland won't be as easy a game as people are making out. They'll want to bounce back strongly from their shocking performance against Wigan, they're at home and Keane being Keane won't allow them to put in anything less than 110% especially against Liverpool. Also steamrolling teams isn't easy for Liverpool as we've already seen. We go 1-0 up and look to defend that lead, cost us against Chelsea-with the help of the ref of course and it almost cost us against Villa if it hadn't been for Gerrard's great free kick which shouldn't of been given in the 1st place. So from the way we've set up this year and the way Sunderland have set up, 1-0 would be a good result, however I see us scoring early and them chasing the game allowing us to take the game 2-0, but it won't be as easy as people think.
1) You'll Never Walk Alone
2) pass and move is the Liverpool groove
3) FIRST WILL ALWAYS BE FIRST AND SECOND WILL ALWAYS BE NOTHING.
4) If Torres has scored 60 league goals for Liverpool by the start of the 2011/12 season, I'll say he's better than Owen.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby The Manhattan Project » Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:35 am

0-1 will do me just fine.

We need to be aggressive and attack-minded.

Momentum on our side now. Determination too.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby hello_red » Mon Aug 20, 2007 2:12 am

not arsed how we win as long as we win i dont give to :censored: about steam rolling teams just as long as we notch up 3 points against these. if we play like we did aganst Chelsea they will have serious problems stopping though to be honest!
hello_red
LFC Super Member

Postby The_Rock » Mon Aug 20, 2007 4:33 am

Hate Roy Keane...... What better way to banish the ghost of stylish robber than thrashing sunderland...

3-0 for us.....Torres, Voroin and Kuyt.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:53 am

I would settle for 1-0. We are away, and without Gerrard and we are not the best at blowing teams out of the water anyway.  I would not play Kuyt because he doesn't cut it away from Anfield. Torres and Crouch or Torres and Voronin.  Gotta play Xabi and Mascherano because I do not rate the Mascherano/Momo pairing.  Babel will be needed on the left instead of Riise. (what happened to his pre-season form?)
                               Reina
   Finnan          Carra            Agger        Arbeloa
  Pennant        Mascherano    Alonso        Babel
                   Torres            Crouch
Subs: Itandje, Hyypia, Momo, Yossi, Voronin
JoeTerp

Postby account deleted by request » Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:02 am

We need to win these types of games if we are to make a challenge this season, 0-0 draws just arn't going to be enough, so I would go with a very unRafa like 4-3-3. While this team lacks creativity it wont lack for effort and physicality which I think will be vital against a fired up Sunderland.

Reina
Finnan           Carra       Agger      Riise

Alonso    Momo   Mascherano

Kuyt                               Babel
                   Torres

Having said that it wouldn't surprise me too much if Gerrard is fit and plays.
account deleted by request

Postby Red Dotty » Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:46 am

Certainly should not underestimate these guys in there backyard.

If one manager can get his team hyped up it will be kean.

This needs to be a 3 pointer but i would still take a point from this.

0-2 Hard fought

Team

Reina
Finnan
Agger
JC
Abol
Benyo
Gerrard
Mashc
Babbel
Veronator/Crouch?
Torres

What a team :buttrock
image001.gif
Red Dotty

Postby Red Dotty » Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:47 am

JoeTerp wrote:I would settle for 1-0. We are away, and without Gerrard and we are not the best at blowing teams out of the water anyway.  I would not play Kuyt because he doesn't cut it away from Anfield. Torres and Crouch or Torres and Voronin.  Gotta play Xabi and Mascherano because I do not rate the Mascherano/Momo pairing.  Babel will be needed on the left instead of Riise. (what happened to his pre-season form?)
                               Reina
                   Torres            Crouch

Is Gerrard a none traveller for this game :sniffle
image001.gif
Red Dotty

Postby Judge » Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:59 am

prediction - lfc to win 4 nil
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby murphy0151 » Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:10 am

JoeTerp wrote:I would settle for 1-0. We are away, and without Gerrard and we are not the best at blowing teams out of the water anyway.  I would not play Kuyt because he doesn't cut it away from Anfield. Torres and Crouch or Torres and Voronin.  Gotta play Xabi and Mascherano because I do not rate the Mascherano/Momo pairing.  Babel will be needed on the left instead of Riise. (what happened to his pre-season form?)
                               Reina
                   Torres            Crouch

Joetwerp.

gerrrard will be there.  As for Riise, ive allways been one to question his performances.  But as for the phew games weve played this season hes impressed me.  And to say Kuyt dosnt cut it away from Anfield is quite simply one of the worst comments ive ever heard.  Kuyt is the type of player who works 110 percent in games. Hes so unselfish, and thats the reason why he dosnt score as much as he should do.  I think hes one of the first names on rafas team sheet every week,  And deservly so.

Im going to go for a 2-1 win, Kuyt and Agger from a corner.
murphy0151
LFC Super Member

Postby RichardLFC1 » Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:11 am

Hopefully we take all 3 points and we really must. After the result against chelsea theres no better way to show we are title contenders then to get a comfortable win. Without Gerrard it will be hard. Ill go with Mascherano and Alonso in cm. Still havent Seen yoosi so hopefully he starts on the left. Pennant on the right. He was great against chelsea and will give sunderland problems. Torres should start alongside Crouch. Back 4 pretty much picks itself the same as chelsea but with Riise instead of Arbeloa

Reina

Finnan
Carragher
Agger
Riise

Pennant
Alonso
Mascherano
Yoosi

Torres
Crouch     3-0 Torres,Crouch and Agger

RIP DRUMMERPHIL