SUNDERLAND VS LIVERPOOL - 12:45 kick off

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Fri Aug 24, 2007 8:42 am

hyypia and babel and voronin might just start this game. i wonder if its gonnabe mash or momo in the centre. mash will be my pick as im afraid if momo plays, rafa might place him in the stevie g role like he did at one match last season and xabi sits back. we all know momo cant dribble. he will break down all of our attacks.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Dundalk » Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:11 am

FRfanatic wrote:This week our national team was not sh*t (friendly,Swiss-Hol 2-1)
Until second half when Kuyt came in and because of a wonderful cross by Babel, Kuyt scored the only goal for Holland. Hope they will start together. I am a little bit opportunistic,imo LFC can start this game with 3 up front.

0-4  :nod

Good to see they were linking up well but 4-0 away from home against a full house up at Sunderland. I dont think so, If Gerrard dosent play they Masch should come in and Alonso really needs to stamp his authority on this game.

A few seasons ago he played up in Sunderland and set up the two goals that we scored with brilliant defence splitting passes.

More of that please
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kunilson » Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:16 am

the monster masch and alonso in the middle. pennant and maybe give babbel a start? lord knows his pace and direct play could come in handy here...

we need to approach the game with the "attack attack attack" mentality like others have mentioned.....after that its upto our finishing to see if its a good day or a frustrating day.

dunno whether crouch should be given a start with torres or kuyt. think crouch needs a confidence boost but would like to see the kuyt-torres understanding grow too, and they both need confidence with goals....think crouch would cause their defence more problems tbh

0-2.
kunilson
LFC Super Member

Postby Rockthekop » Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:29 am

Another day at the office...away win, job done! 0-2
Rockthekop

Postby muzodziwa » Fri Aug 24, 2007 1:38 pm

people call it differently but i will prefer to call it full squad utilisation. benayoun and voronin can make a start in this game especially looking at benayoun and the the way he has performed against the hard graft teams whilst at west ham. the back four will not be changed and definately there is no hyppia for agger substitution because of the high tempo of sunderland; the midfield will be anyone's guess and babel might get his first start in the premiership. i think we will win 3-1
muzodziwa

Postby LFC1982 » Fri Aug 24, 2007 1:41 pm

I think we'll keep a clean sheet, Pepe looks solid and unless they get a pen he won't be conceding.
either 2 or 3 nil in my view.

And I tip Babel to get off the mark either if he starts or comes off the bench
LFC1982

Postby Anfield rapper » Fri Aug 24, 2007 1:50 pm

Totally agree with Bigmick. This is not the time to mess about with the likes of Voronin or Benayoun. They may be decent players but i want to win this game. I don't care if they are annoyed about not getting a game. I'm annoyed at not having made a good start to the season for the last god knows how many years. Just for this season lets see how far we can get by using the minimum rotation necessary. If it helps us win the league then great. If it doesn't then the players who were unhappy about the lack of first team football can do one.
Anfield rapper
LFC Super Member

Postby heimdall » Fri Aug 24, 2007 2:56 pm

3-1 to us, should be a comfortable win, FFS Wigan spanked them 3-0 last weekend, lets get real here people we are Liverpool!!!  :buttrock  :buttrock  :buttrock
heimdall

Postby aCe' » Sat Aug 25, 2007 1:18 am

well

Reina

Arbeloa    Carra     Agger     Riise

Pennant   Masch    Xabi     Benayoun

Crouch   Torres

2-1 i think.... would love to see crouch start ahead of kuyt.... or voronin for kuyt...or even babel...anything !
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Sat Aug 25, 2007 2:07 am

I think it's great that Sunderland are doing so well as a city now.

Especially considering their history when they were handed over to Nazi Germany, thus leaving the rest of Czechoslovakia prone for invasion.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Raoul » Sat Aug 25, 2007 3:08 am

The Manhattan Project wrote:I think it's great that Sunderland are doing so well as a city now.

Especially considering their history when they were handed over to Nazi Germany, thus leaving the rest of Czechoslovakia prone for invasion.

Nice attempt at making a genuine sounding post, but who are you and what have you done with our friend?  The Man always writes in the third person.
"Life is not just about money. There are other things, important things that have a different kind of value. Anyone from Liverpool could tell you that."

- Jamie Carragher
Raoul
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Sat Aug 25, 2007 3:30 am

Sometimes I am able to control my shattered psyche.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Sat Aug 25, 2007 8:20 am

I hate the 12:45 starts. due to this its going to be a hard game for us. with a bit of luck we should win 1-2
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Sat Aug 25, 2007 11:21 am

Ive have to go to a wedding now and am going to miss the game :angry:

We should be comfortable enough with this one, if we want to win leagues these are the games that are a MUST win
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby MightyLFC » Sat Aug 25, 2007 11:24 am

3-0
Torres Hat Trick
MightyLFC

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion