SUNDERLAND VS LIVERPOOL - 12:45 kick off

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby vanished9 » Wed Aug 22, 2007 1:51 pm

Thier all international friendlys clubs are more important
:(
:(
vanished9

Postby Owzat » Wed Aug 22, 2007 2:02 pm

ICE-MAN wrote:Apparently Spain are playing a friendly against greece on thursday night!

Reina will start but i guarantee u that Rafa will rest torres and alonso if both play thursday night especially as the match is an early sat kickoff!

I expect to see crouch start this one as he wont get much of a look in with england tonight cos hes suspended for the next qualifier, i also reckon momo will start cos masch is in norway with argentina squad and will prob play full game!

Wud have liked to have seen torres get a chance to continue his scoring, but its reasonable that he will be benched!  ???

Don't they play Spanish international matches like 9pm here? It's stupid, however it is only Sunderland and we can put Torres and Alonso on the bench with Voronin and Mascherano more than adequate cover.

Reina should pull out, is he 1st choice for Spain yet?
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby MightyLFC » Wed Aug 22, 2007 2:07 pm

:censored: the countires the club is more important !
MightyLFC

Postby Roger Red Hat » Wed Aug 22, 2007 2:30 pm

vanished9 wrote:what tv channels bring the match

well we managed 1 and half pages before the 'What TV channel' sh!te came in.   :D
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby KRobbo10 » Wed Aug 22, 2007 2:35 pm

bavlondon wrote:Why is it Mascherano is playing for Argentina yet he is being rested for us. Fecking annoying

I think it is due to rafa thinking he is not match fit, If Gerrard does not play i think Alonso will fill his boots because he always seems to play better when gerrard is not along side him.
KRobbo10

Postby The_Rock » Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:09 pm

We shouldn't play a weakened team in the premier league if we are serious about winning it. Every "3 points" count.

Reina
       Finnan    Carra    Agger   Arbeloa
       Pennant   Mash   Gerrard   Yossi
                  Kuyt
                                 Torres
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:45 pm

It's looking more like Mascha will start in midfield alongside Gerrard, Alonso will probably play some part for Spain against Greece on Thursday, so will Torres. Hopefully Torres will be able to recover in time for the Sunderland match.

This will test the extent of Rafa's rotation policy, more so given that it's inernational break. I can't see the back five changing.

I would hazard a guess at:

Reina

Finnan  Carra   Agger   Arbeloa

Pennant  Mascherano  Gerrard  Riise

Crouch   Torres
LFC2007

Postby Igor Zidane » Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:56 pm

Don't think Gerrard will be fit for the Sunderland game.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Eagle » Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:11 pm

This team should beat Sunderland:

Itandje

Arbeloa   Carragher   Paletta   Insua

Pennant   Gerrard     Sissoko    Leto

El Zhar     Lindfield

Subs

Crouch
Alonso
Riise
Agger
Reina
Eagle

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:38 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:Don't think Gerrard will be fit for the Sunderland game.

Our next 3 games are Sunderland away, Toulouse at home and Derby at home. If the bone needs 2 weeks rest then this isnt the worst time to let that happen.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:20 pm

Spain are in friendly action tonight, along with everyone else (.tv had it wrong).  Reina and Torres have started, with Alonso on the bench.  Even so, they have a long way back from Greece so I wouldn't be surprised to see Torres starting on the bench (Reina will obviously play).  Having said that, Voronin has played tonight (presumably) in Ukraine so he'll have a lot of travel to.  I expect Crouch is nailed on to start, with perhaps Kuyt (on the bench for Holland's friendly) partnering him? ???

Feck me, I hate international friendlies and to sandwich them midweek between league matches is madness.  I just hope everyone comes back fit.
Last edited by Bad Bob on Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby destro » Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:52 pm

Kuyt scored for Holland :)

Team that should face Sunderland IMO

Reina
Arbeloa
Carragher
Agger
Finan
Riise
Gerrard
Mascherano
Pennant
Torres
Voronin
destro

Postby LFC1982 » Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:59 pm

Just read that Gerrard faces 10 days on the sidelines so will miss the Sunderland game and a doubt for the Toulouse match next week, worrying as this is I still think we have enough fire power upfront and fancy a few of the other players stepping up and grab some headlines and goals.

Can see Momo playing this one now!
LFC1982

Postby LFC1982 » Thu Aug 23, 2007 1:02 pm

Here's the article here:

Steven Gerrard faces 10 days on Anfield sidelineAug 23 2007

by Chris Bascombe, Liverpool Echo

LIVERPOOL are likely to face Sunderland without skipper Steven Gerrard this weekend.

Gerrard missed last night’s international with a broken toe, and despite playing through the pain barrier against Chelsea, he’ll need rest to make a full recovery.

It’s expected the captain will be out for at least ten days, ruling him out of the trip North East and making him a doubt for the return Champions League tie with Toulouse on Tuesday.

A reassessment of Gerrard’s injury will be made when club doctor Mark Waller returns from his international duties.

Manager Rafa Benitez knew he couldn’t afford to be without Gerrard against Chelsea and allowed the midfielder to have a pain killing injection to play, but will be taking a longer-term view over the next few days.

He’ll want Gerrard 100 per cent fit for the demanding months to come.

Liverpool’s international contingent return to Melwood today, having endured a mixed night on duty for their countries.

Fernando Torres and Xabi Alonso featured for Spain in a 3-2 win over Greece, Dirk Kuyt was on the mark for Holland in a 2-1 victory over Switzerland, where Ryan Babel also played.

John Arne Riise and Daniel Agger were also in action for Norway and Denmark.

Meanwhile, Benitez’s revamp of Liverpool’s reserve squad continues at a prolific pace.

Hungarian goalkeeper Peter Gulacsi, 17, has joined compatriots Krisztian Nemeth and Andras Simon from MTK Hungaria.

Gulacsi has signed a 12-month loan deal.

He’s joined by Spanish defender Mikel San Jose, 18, who signed on a three-year deal from Athletic Bilbao.

San Jose has been at Anfield most of the summer, but like many of the club’s recent young recruits has had to wait several months for the move to be officially cleared.

Over the last three seasons, the level of youth recruitment has hit unprecedented levels.

Liverpool have signed in excess of 20 teenagers as Benitez seeks a stronger pool of emerging talent.
LFC1982

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Thu Aug 23, 2007 1:09 pm

Stevie may be missing against Black Cats, but still should win.
1) You'll Never Walk Alone
2) pass and move is the Liverpool groove
3) FIRST WILL ALWAYS BE FIRST AND SECOND WILL ALWAYS BE NOTHING.
4) If Torres has scored 60 league goals for Liverpool by the start of the 2011/12 season, I'll say he's better than Owen.
god_bless_john_houlding

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion