SUNDERLAND VS LIVERPOOL - 12:45 kick off

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby redsince2001 » Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:46 pm

destro wrote:I really hope Rafa has learnt from past mistakes and that he plays his STRONGEST possible line up for this game, worry about each game as it comes, forget Toulouse on Tuesday, after Dick Turpins performance against Chelsea it is vital we keep going from strength to strength in the league, the team for the game on Tuesday will take care of itself, we are 3 games into the season, tiredness should not even be an issue ( especially after the hill training :)).

There are No easy games in this league,  there is no excuse not to put out or strongest eleven ( whatever that is ? )

:nod
"we were a family club. There was no ‘them and us’ attitude, it was just ‘us’. "-Kenny Daglish
redsince2001
LFC Super Member

Postby Judge » Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:52 am

maypaxvobiscum wrote:
god_bless_john_houlding wrote:Chelsea had to attack, again we deffended, then their "goal" and we started to attack again.

what are u talking about? if one team attacks, the other defends. how can 2 teams attack at once? theres only one ball!

could it be that the defending team could attack the ball to win it back

just a thought
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redbilly1960 » Tue Aug 21, 2007 1:40 pm

This will not be as easy as some are making out. Keane would I am sure have hilighted three teams that he would wind his players up for Newcastle, Mancs and Us.
He has a lot of history with Liverpool and Keane would like nothing more than leave his mark on Liverpool's early season. I know the 11 on the pitch do the business but the managers influence is huge in games like this. As much as we hate him he is a winner and he is capable of making his team work just that little more depending on the opposition. All that said we are more than good enough to handle whatever Keane puts up, with whatever side Rafa decides to play. Would really like to see Gerrard playing though.
Prediction, Cagey first 30 mins but Torres to score just before half-time. Liverpool on the back foot for the first 10 mins of 2nd half till Torres (again) scores on the break. Crouch scores late on as sub. 0-3.
"I was only in the game for the love of football-and I wanted to bring back happiness to the people of Liverpool"
                                                                Bill Shankly
Justice for the 96
Redbilly1960

Postby vanished9 » Tue Aug 21, 2007 2:17 pm

what tv channels bring the match
vanished9

Postby LFC1982 » Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:28 pm

Can't wait for saturday, we're playing great football at the minute which will improve the more time they spend together, we'll create more chances against Sunderland than we did against Villa and Chelsea I'm sure, at least clear cut one's.  I think we should be looking at getting 3+ goals against an outfit like these, Hope Torres plays as I can see him creating his own chances if they sit back and I'd also put Babel in on the left, what a ping that boy has.

As long as Rob Styles stays away from the game and Carra doesn't do another juggling act in the box again we should keep a clean sheet, I can't see Rafa and the boys taking this likely and will want 3 pts on the board after the weekends disappointment.

0-3 Torres 2
      Crouch
LFC1982

Postby Emerald Red » Tue Aug 21, 2007 6:38 pm

I can see this one being decided by a ref decision...again. Yes, I know, only this time in our favour. Keane will no doubt send his players out to graft their balls off and possibly take lumps out of our players. A rash tackle inside the box our outside it will settle this. We should get plenty of set peices. Only thing I'm worried about is potential injury to our key players.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby vanished9 » Tue Aug 21, 2007 6:52 pm

are there any links to live matches for liverpool
vanished9

Postby red37 » Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:05 pm

vanished9 wrote:are there any links to live matches for liverpool

:sleep

Why not just wait til the day of the match. There will no doubt be a thread for streams...same as there has been for the last two.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby Pineapple Nutty » Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:15 pm

Dundalk wrote:Its a must win game as they all are these days in the Premier League and we should win this one

thumbs up!
Pineapple Nutty

Postby Anfield rapper » Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:29 am

We have a great chance to get back to winning ways with this fixture so soon after the robbery. I haven't seen much of Sunderland but i do respect them. They have a never say die attitude and it will be important to put this one to bed ASAP. They do have a goal threat in Michael Chopra so we need to keep in mind that they can hurt us. I do feel however that we will be too strong for them and should win by a couple of goals. Hopefully their last game against Wigan will have dented their confidence a bit.
Anfield rapper
LFC Super Member

Postby ICE-MAN » Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:00 pm

Apparently Spain are playing a friendly against greece on thursday night!

Reina will start but i guarantee u that Rafa will rest torres and alonso if both play thursday night especially as the match is an early sat kickoff!

I expect to see crouch start this one as he wont get much of a look in with england tonight cos hes suspended for the next qualifier, i also reckon momo will start cos masch is in norway with argentina squad and will prob play full game!

Wud have liked to have seen torres get a chance to continue his scoring, but its reasonable that he will be benched!  ???
ICE-MAN

Postby LFC1982 » Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:56 pm

I can see where you're coming from with the resting of Torres and Alonso but hopefully with it being a friendly the coach will take into account hat they'll be playing for their club early saturday and stick to most of his home grown players.

Defo want to see Torres out on the park on sat
LFC1982

Postby tubby » Wed Aug 22, 2007 1:00 pm

Why is it Mascherano is playing for Argentina yet he is being rested for us. Fecking annoying
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed Aug 22, 2007 1:28 pm

I'd like to see this, presuming Gerrard doesn't play:

Reina

Finnan--Carra--Agger--Riise

Masch
                        Alonso         Sissoko

Kuyt                                Babel
                                  Torres

That way we've still got a big goal threat and we can see Alonso higher up the pitch influencing the game in an attacking sense. A 4-4-2 with Pennant, Mascherano, Alonso and Riise in midfield would offer little goal threat imo.
Last edited by stmichael on Wed Aug 22, 2007 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby burjennio » Wed Aug 22, 2007 1:50 pm

it'll be alonso and momo in the middle
burjennio

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion