SUNDERLAND VS LIVERPOOL - 12:45 kick off

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:30 am

voronin, babel and crouch should play and see what they can create. ever since voronin came in ive been very impressed with his moves and i feel crouch can offer us better finishing then kuyt. torres to start with crouch. voronin to replace one of them in the later stages.arbeloa at left back, babel left wing. drop riise. mash and gerrard with pennant on the right. defence can remain the same but i can see rafa giving hyypia a start somehow.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby MightyLFC » Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:20 am

Torres and kuyt again up front peter crouch plays like he has lead in his boots.
We need to play attacking because to be honest sunderland defence is :censored:.

I would play
                             Renia

Finnan          Carra           Agger        Arbeloa
                  Gerrard         Alonso       Babel
                  Torres          Crouch       Kuyt
MightyLFC

Postby JoeTerp » Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:45 am

thought I read Gerrard would need 7-10 days rest after playing with the painkilling shot to get his foot healed
JoeTerp

Postby MightyLFC » Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:58 am

He said she what the doctor says
MightyLFC

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Mon Aug 20, 2007 12:15 pm

reina

finnan
hyypia
carra
arbeloa

babel
mash
alonso
pennant/yossi

crouch/voronin
torres

anyone fancy kewell playing a part or is he injured again?
maypaxvobiscum

Postby tubby » Mon Aug 20, 2007 12:41 pm

Is there any chance of seeing Mascherano play. I know Rafa was going to rest him for a few games as he was tired from the Copa America but I didnt read anywhere just how long he would sit out for.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rimetto_ » Mon Aug 20, 2007 12:50 pm

god_bless_john_houlding wrote:Sunderland won't be as easy a game as people are making out. They'll want to bounce back strongly from their shocking performance against Wigan, they're at home and Keane being Keane won't allow them to put in anything less than 110% especially against Liverpool. Also steamrolling teams isn't easy for Liverpool as we've already seen. We go 1-0 up and look to defend that lead, cost us against Chelsea-with the help of the ref of course and it almost cost us against Villa if it hadn't been for Gerrard's great free kick which shouldn't of been given in the 1st place. So from the way we've set up this year and the way Sunderland have set up, 1-0 would be a good result, however I see us scoring early and them chasing the game allowing us to take the game 2-0, but it won't be as easy as people think.

we didn't go defensive against chelsea, before the F***ing D**khead Bung taking Styles gave that penalty the game was open and both times had chances.

So to say that we were defending our lead is not true, i felt that we showed alot of promise going forward and at times played some fantastic football
Last edited by Rimetto_ on Mon Aug 20, 2007 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rimetto_

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:37 pm

Liverpool battered Chelsea up until we scored. After the goal, up until half time we were defensive. After half time when Chelsea had to attack, again we deffended, then their "goal" and we started to attack again. So we did go defensive and it would of worked had Styles not decided to give such a reckless dicision.
1) You'll Never Walk Alone
2) pass and move is the Liverpool groove
3) FIRST WILL ALWAYS BE FIRST AND SECOND WILL ALWAYS BE NOTHING.
4) If Torres has scored 60 league goals for Liverpool by the start of the 2011/12 season, I'll say he's better than Owen.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:27 pm

god_bless_john_houlding wrote:Chelsea had to attack, again we deffended, then their "goal" and we started to attack again.

what are u talking about? if one team attacks, the other defends. how can 2 teams attack at once? theres only one ball!
maypaxvobiscum

Postby MightyLFC » Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:32 pm

god_bless_john_houlding wrote:Liverpool battered Chelsea up until we scored. After the goal, up until half time we were defensive. After half time when Chelsea had to attack, again we deffended, then their "goal" and we started to attack again. So we did go defensive and it would of worked had Styles not decided to give such a reckless dicision.

What are you on about Liverpool attacked Chelsea all game
so i dont know what your on about !
MightyLFC

Postby JoeTerp » Mon Aug 20, 2007 4:22 pm

You cannot say that we didn't play defensive at the begining of the 2nd half. Maybe it wasn't what we wanted, but we were certainly playing defense for longer stretches than we were on offense at the begining of the 2nd half. I saw a stat on the screen that said Chelsea hat over 70% possesion for the first 10 minutes of the 2nd half, and they had more "chances" in the 2nd half as well even though I didn't think any of them were very threatening. But it wasn't like we parked the bus or were playing only to win 1-0  I think we just didn't mind if Chelsea kept meaningless possesion down a goal at anfield.  And after they scored you could tell that our attack went up a notch and we started throwing more things/people at them.  But back to the Sunderland topic. this game is just as important as the Chelsea match. It is a game that we should take full points from, and it doesn't really matter how we do it as long as it happens.
JoeTerp

Postby account deleted by request » Mon Aug 20, 2007 4:27 pm

JoeTerp wrote:You cannot say that we didn't play defensive at the begining of the 2nd half. Maybe it wasn't what we wanted, but we were certainly playing defense for longer stretches than we were on offense at the begining of the 2nd half. I saw a stat on the screen that said Chelsea hat over 70% possesion for the first 10 minutes of the 2nd half, and they had more "chances" in the 2nd half as well even though I didn't think any of them were very threatening. But it wasn't like we parked the bus or were playing only to win 1-0  I think we just didn't mind if Chelsea kept meaningless possesion down a goal at anfield.  And after they scored you could tell that our attack went up a notch and we started throwing more things/people at them.  But back to the Sunderland topic. this game is just as important as the Chelsea match. It is a game that we should take full points from, and it doesn't really matter how we do it as long as it happens.

:nod
account deleted by request

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Mon Aug 20, 2007 4:37 pm

im worried about the type of state football is in especially with teams like chelsea. cheats, divers, lousy refs. its like people have forgotten fair play and integrity and adopted a win at all cost attitude. i wonder how far a newly promoted side would go to win this match. on the bright side, if we win this we will still be level on points with chelski as we have a game in hand.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby lio » Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:07 pm

:)
Lets not forget 3 days after this 'away' we gonna play host to toulouse (tue28th). So your thoughts as good as mine that Rafa will consider these 2 matches as one. I am therefore in the opinion that not in starting line-up for sunderland will be torres, gerard and riise. Can see voronin crouch combo and hypia as possible starters. But why worry, i am confident to received 3pts at th end of the match.
   :buttrock
lio

Postby destro » Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:19 pm

I really hope Rafa has learnt from past mistakes and that he plays his STRONGEST possible line up for this game, worry about each game as it comes, forget Toulouse on Tuesday, after Dick Turpins performance against Chelsea it is vital we keep going from strength to strength in the league, the team for the game on Tuesday will take care of itself, we are 3 games into the season, tiredness should not even be an issue ( especially after the hill training :)).

There are No easy games in this league,  there is no excuse not to put out or strongest eleven ( whatever that is ? )
destro

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion