Summer clear out?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ciggy » Sun Feb 27, 2005 11:06 am

Jamie Carragher has spoken and said the players are fearing for their futures after the display at birmingham and rightly so.
He fears the boss will have a massive summer clear out of the under performers and stated only one player at the club can go to a better club.
Kewell is waiting for red letter day hes atmitted he has underperformed at Liverpool and is expecting to be gone in the summer.
Out the rest I think Dudek, Mellor, Hyypia, Traore maybe Josemi and Nunez gone in the summer.
And permanent moves for Cheyrou, Diouf, Vignal and I cannot see Diarra coming back either.
Rafa will want to reduce the wage bill and its looking more than likely 30 million for Gerrard who ever he goes to.

I think the players needed this kick up the @rse because many of them have been in the comfort zone for far to long.
It will be more than likely we will see maybe one english addition as in the form of SWP and maybe 2-3 players from the La liga coming our way in the summer.

Not sure if Baros is in Benitez's long term plans, hes a great player, work rate fantastic but theres something about him I cannot put my finger on duno what it is?

We need players at Liverpool who give 110% Carra, work as a team, proud to wear the red jersey, and players who can turn a game around when we are 1-0 down.
Think its safe to say Dudek will be gone as to many mistakes over the years, hes still a good goalie I am not slating him, but in important games he seems to let us down.

Liverpools season 2005-2006 will be a whole lot different to what we have witnessed over the last few years, mark my words.
And hopefully some of the youngsters get a chance to shine and show us what they are made of.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Sun Feb 27, 2005 11:13 am

the way i see it is that we will only get rid of players only if we can be sure that we can replace them with better ones.
but i feel that
Steven Gerrard,Sami Hyypia, Vladimir Smicer ,Josemi Josemi,Antonio Nunez,Igor Biscan,Djimi Traore,Harry Kewell,Dietmar Hamann all could be going and i think we might see the end of Milan Baros and that would be a shame
Last edited by lakes10 on Sun Feb 27, 2005 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sun Feb 27, 2005 11:22 am

i think hyppia is safe...rafa is asking him to become more of a
"hard defender" in future.

Traore also would not leave as rafa has been playing him in practically every match.

I don't think any of the spanish players or pelle will leave.

But it looks like hamann & mellor will leave.

i fear for kewell (cos he is my fav player now)....... it does not look good for him. Understand there is some friction between his agent and rafa....

In a nutshell

1)Cheryou, Douif, Diao, Vignal, Henchoz & Diarre to leave permanently.
2)Hamann to go on a free (will hate it, as i think he can still offer a few more seasons.)
3)Mellor to go to a championship team.
4)Kewell to a spanish team (will really hate it if this happens_.
Last edited by The_Rock on Sun Feb 27, 2005 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sun Feb 27, 2005 11:23 am

I would like Hamman to stay one more season but I think he wants to go home, hes stalling on his contract, and maybe he thinks once Xabi is fit and another great midfielder is brought in he will not get first team action all the time.

Igor he could have been so much its a shame really he has potential but I think he either 1. cannot be bothered sometimes or 2. lacks concentration?
I think there will be a mass clear out according to what a few players have said the last few days.

But Rafa must make sure whom ever comes in to replace these players, has to be able to cut it in the prem and really really want to win things for Liverpool.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby reddippydick » Sun Feb 27, 2005 11:24 am

cisses_gona_get_ya

As for the problem yer cant put yer finger on with Baros .....try goals. If he scored more (excluding penalties) then we might have less problems.

Not likely to replicate his Europeans form......advice....sell at end of season especially if Morienties and Garcia strike gold.
reddippydick

Postby Ciggy » Sun Feb 27, 2005 11:29 am

I know its the goals from Baros but I am not sure that he LOVES Liverpool, and I am not to sure the fans really love him.
They love Morientes already he will be a kop hero, in time.
I think of Baros at Liverpool, Reyes at arsenal thing?

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sun Feb 27, 2005 11:30 am

Baros has been virtually carrying our attack (much as how carra is carrying our defence) this season. If he had a permanent striker partner, i am sure he will score loads of goals. He also has an amazing work-rate....if we are to sell baros, we have to make sure we get close to 20 million.

Anything less...and i will keep him (even more so, we don't know how good will cisse be when he comes back).
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sun Feb 27, 2005 11:35 am

Baros 10 mill
Gerrard 30 mill
Diao 1 mill
Diouf 2 mill
Cheyrou 1 mill
Dudek 1 mill
Kewell 3 mill
Hyppia 1 mill
Diarra 3 mill
Josemi 1 mill
Nunez 2 mill to some spanish outfit

Thats 45 million pounds to bring in some quality, and get rid of some of the wage bill for the likes of Dioufs 20 grand a week we are paying :angry:

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red_red_red » Sun Feb 27, 2005 12:27 pm

I think that we should stop paying ridiculous amounts of money for certain player I.E Pongolle

and bring in a bit more quality!!
red_red_red

Postby Scottbot » Sun Feb 27, 2005 12:36 pm

red_red_red wrote:I think that we should stop paying ridiculous amounts of money for certain player I.E Pongolle

and bring in a bit more quality!!

What are you talking about? ????? Diouff 10 mill - Pongo & Le Tellec about 1 million each!
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby morientes_gerrard » Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:58 pm

Dudek out! Carson starter
Traore, Hyypia and Josemi out!
Hamann, Biscan, Cheyrou, Kewell out!
Baros, Mellor out!

Mexes, Andy Johnson in!

Some crappy spanish outfit bound to be sgned as well, hope to be proved wrong about that.

Dont want to see Gerrard go but probably going to happen :(
morientes_gerrard

Postby Tobin*LFC* » Mon Feb 28, 2005 11:05 pm

andy johnson :(  noooo
if we sell all of those players above we shud buy a world class player not anydy johnson. :rock:
You'll Never Walk Alone..
Tobin*LFC*

Postby Tobin*LFC* » Mon Feb 28, 2005 11:05 pm

:rock:
You'll Never Walk Alone..
Tobin*LFC*

Postby A.B. » Mon Feb 28, 2005 11:08 pm

Baros 10 mill
Gerrard 30 mill
Diao 1 mill
Diouf 2 mill
Cheyrou 1 mill
Dudek 1 mill
Kewell 3 mill
Hyppia 1 mill
Diarra 3 mill
Josemi 1 mill
Nunez 2 mill to some spanish outfit

Baros will be worth and should be worth more than 10 million.
I don't understand how you think we can sell an injury prone keeper for 3 million and Dudek for 1 million.

I don't think any of the spanish players or pelle will leave.

I agree that Spanish players will not leave however I am almost certain that Pelle will, his contract says it all [six months is not a serious contract, if Rafa wanted him to stay pernametly he would had gotten him to stay for more than six months]

I don't know why the majority think that Hamann will leave. I certainly don't think he will be going anywhere not when Steven Gerrard could be on his way out and he could get to play more next season.

The media says he will leave every year but it never happens and I don't think it will. Hamann said he spoke to Benitez that he wanted to stay however who can trust players these days but non the less I believe he will stay. It would be a shame to see him and Gerrard go in the same summer, most likely it will be Gerrard.

Dudek out! Carson starter
Traore, Hyypia and Josemi out!
Hamann, Biscan, Cheyrou, Kewell out!
Baros, Mellor out!

Mexes, Andy Johnson in!

All I can say is huh?

Basically you want us to sell a total of 10 players and only bring in 2 players? I agree that Biscan,Cheyrou, Mellor, and maybe even Kewell and Hyypia need to be sold but you will need more than 2 players to replace them.

With the injuries we've have this season we can't get rid of every single player.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby stapo1000 » Tue Mar 01, 2005 2:28 am

Summer clear out- No. Maybe 2 or 3 players and all of the players who've been loaned out. Rafa WILL keep all of his own buys except pellegrino cos of his contract. We all know the story with gerrard. Mellor will be sold or will go on loan. Kirkland and dudek will stay. Kewell may be sold. Smicer will go too. Rafa will do more buying imo if we get into the champions lge and the money is there. He'll buy cl a class midfielder if gerrard goes. Perhaps a valencia player-Who knows. A right winger and a centre half. He'll have a big squad for next season with strength in depth after this years injury crisis.
Steve Gerrard Gerrard,
He'll pass the ball 40 yards,
He's quick and he's f*cking hard,
Steve Gerrard Gerrard.
stapo1000
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion