Summer clear out?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Judge » Tue Mar 01, 2005 12:58 pm

Carson, is an excellent young keeper.

ive seen him train at leeds b4 the move to LFC, and to be honest, he should be straight in for us

absolute quality
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Tue Mar 01, 2005 1:15 pm

dawson99 wrote:just heard about a massive bust up abour baros not playing in the carling cup final and now he really wants out.. any thoughts people?

Yer I heard on sunday he threw a right tantrum and to be fair, with playing 1 upfront it should have been him not Morientes.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue Mar 01, 2005 1:47 pm

The Return of the Judge wrote:Fernando Torres rumours are gaining more speed of late

that would be the stuff dreams are made of. he's rated more highly than rooney throughout most of europe. a couple of weeks ago he almost singlehandedly took barcelona apart in the nou camp.

can't see it though. too expensive. :(
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Judge » Tue Mar 01, 2005 1:51 pm

stmichael wrote:
The Return of the Judge wrote:Fernando Torres rumours are gaining more speed of late

that would be the stuff dreams are made of. he's rated more highly than rooney throughout most of europe. a couple of weeks ago he almost singlehandedly took barcelona apart in the nou camp.

st mike, i read in an article (cant remember the source), that Torres WILL be coming in the summer, and Dudek going the other way, in a CASH and PLAYER deal for Fernando Torres

i'm not sure of the articles authenticity, but the writer did have links to Rafa when at Valencia, and has been proved right in the past.

so it could be true....roll on the summer
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rafalution » Tue Mar 01, 2005 1:52 pm

I for one will be very surprised to see much transfer activity of players leaving the club this summer.

With the exception of Mr Gerrard, Hammann and possibly Baros, I simply feel that there aren't many clubs out there watching many of our players with interest. Out of the players who we have on loan at other clubs, I would say only Diouf has done sufficiently well enough to warrant Bolton trying to purhcase him full time. The other players on loan have struggled to play games and in Le Tallec's case, he came back early because he was not playing.
As for the other players, well, the players which most people are mentioning on here as ones tipped to leave the club are mainly fringe players who are not regularly playing so will not be in many clubs transfer plans out there.
I feel we will see more players leave on free transfers due to them being out of contract rather than being bought by other clubs.
We definately won't be seeing any of the Spanish players leave the club however.

I do however expect to see a few players coming into the squad this summer. I doubt there will be many big names unless we raise cash by selling Gerrard, in which case I would expect to see some big name players coming in as replacements.
If Gerrard stays (and I hope he does) then I would imagine we would make maybe 1 big name signing and some smaller signings to strengthen the squad.

Just my opinion...
Rafalution

Postby stmichael » Tue Mar 01, 2005 1:53 pm

The Return of the Judge wrote:
stmichael wrote:

st mike, i read in an article (cant remember the source), that Torres WILL be coming in the summer, and Dudek going the other way, in a CASH and PLAYER deal for Fernando Torres

i'm not sure of the articles authenticity, but the writer did have links to Rafa when at Valencia, and has been proved right in the past.

if torres arrives baros will be on his way out. torres is in a different league.
Last edited by stmichael on Tue Mar 01, 2005 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby JBG » Tue Mar 01, 2005 1:56 pm

Cheyrou will stay at Marseille next season on loan.

Nunez isn't a lawyer: he has a post grad in international law, thats all.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Judge » Tue Mar 01, 2005 1:57 pm

stmichael wrote:
stmichael wrote:

if torres arrives baros will be on his way out. torres is in a different league.

yeah, and Torres dont speak Czech  :D

seriously, Torres will be at Anfield in the summer, and Dudek will be off.

also Diouf will be sold to Bolton. Baros will get bollicking from Rafa, and there will be secret meetings with Rick Parry and Robbie Fowler

remember, you heard it from me FIRST
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Tue Mar 01, 2005 1:57 pm

ooer Pennant jailed for 3 months :glare:  such a good player, spoilt by bad boy reputation.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the return of HAS » Tue Mar 01, 2005 1:58 pm

My opinion on what should be done:

Dudek - Played well on Sunday, but his height and body weight are not suited to being a goalkeeper in the premiership, also he seems to lose concentration a lot. Kirkland first choice, Carson backup, and buy a third choice, preferably an experienced one who can also to some coaching, since Harrison seems to be leaving in the summer.

Pellegrino - Don't need him.

Troare - Though he has done O.K, he will never be an accomplished full back and he lacks the concentration and body strength to be a centre back.

Josemi/Otsemober - It looks as though Otsemober will leave on a free at the end of the season, I must admit I am disappointed. I would let Josemi go and keep Semi as backup to Finnan.

Nunez - We need a new right-sided midfielder, and with Garcia already here he doesn’t have much use.

Diouf, Cheyrou, and Diao - These 3 were the start of the demise, just get what ever we can, they are certain to leave.

Diarra - Though a lot of people have been raving on about him, I don't see Rafa keeping him, he lacks the technique to play in Rafa's central midfield. He could make us 2-3MIL. So we could do well out of it.

Biscan, Smicer, Vignal - Free transfers.

Kewell/Hyypia - These are two potential exits. Kewell just hasn't performed well enough since he has been here. If he were to have the operation and ordered to rest for 2-3 Months then maybe we should keep him. Hyypia looks certain to be replaced in the first team, but I would like to keep him as backup to Carragher and the new centre back, but Rafa may have other ideas and Hyypia may decide to move on if he isn't first choice.

Baros - Maybe a bit controversial, but I said before the cup final that if we get a bid of £10MIL or more I would accept it. There is no point in having Baros and Cisse in the same squad, they offer a similar threat. Baros is good player but it will be very difficult for him to fit into a top side because he isn't any good at build up play and is just too greedy and rash. Morientes, Cisse, and Le Tallec should be our main three strikers next season and Mellor as backup, I don't think Pongolle will have a long term future at the club, maybe a loan deal next season.

Gerrard - Wants to go, Chelsea want him, we get vital transfer funds, it is inventible.

Hamann – We must keep him for at least 1 more season.
"We’ve got a lot of Cockneys in the team, but really, it doesn’t matter where they’re from – we’re all playing for Liverpool.” Robbie Fowler
the return of HAS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Tue Mar 01, 2005 2:01 pm

is anyone a fan of Garcia 100%, and does anyone think he looses the ball to easy??
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Tue Mar 01, 2005 2:03 pm

stmichael wrote:
stmichael wrote:

yeah, and Torres dont speak Czech  :D

seriously, Torres will be at Anfield in the summer, and Dudek will be off.

also Diouf will be sold to Bolton. Baros will get bollicking from Rafa, and there will be secret meetings with Rick Parry and Robbie Fowler

remember, you heard it from me FIRST

from me first

get to the betting shops lads and lasses
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Tue Mar 01, 2005 3:05 pm

From the mirror website

MILAN BAROS is on his way out of Liverpool after a bust-up about being axed for the Carling Cup final.

The Czech Republic striker was fuming with boss Rafa Benitez for picking Harry Kewell ahead of him for the showpiece game with Chelsea. Baros had angry words with the Anfield coaching staff about the selection and was furious about being left out, as he had been for the final two years ago under Gerard Houllier.

The Kop star was so upset that there was even a fear that he would walk out and head back to Merseyside rather than be a sub.

Benitez then left Baros on the bench and made two changes before bringing him on last - and too late to make a difference in the dramatic extra-time defeat at the Millennium Stadium.

Now Baros is planning to quit in the summer as this latest setback has left him unhappy with his role at the club. After his success at Euro 2004 and Michael Owen's departure, Baros has fought to become first choice this season.

However, Fernando Morientes has arrived, Baros's form has dipped and Benitez prefers the Spaniard - and, apparently, even injury-jinxed Kewell.
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby haps » Tue Mar 01, 2005 3:43 pm

Papers will hype it up but that said, Baros probably will go anyway.  He does work very hard and I like the lad but he is short on goals in a position where we need a 25 a season man to be up there.  Plus, am I the only one who thinks he's failed to link up well with any striking partner.  I know theres been alot of chopping and changing with injuries and the like but I'm just not convinced.  Also, last summer he made a lot of noise about wanting to be off to Barca.  They probably won't take him now, what with the strike force they've got and he won't sit on their bench anymore than ours.  He's not the type.  But I still fany he'll go somewhere and we'd be mugs to lose him for less than 10 - 12 million.  Cisse is our big hope. Him and Moro.  Got a feeling that Kewell might knuckle down and get back to his best.  I think Rafa believes in him but alot will hinge on the next 11 games in the league.  Realistically though, IF WE DON'T QUALIFY FOR THE CL WE ARE F****D AS FAR AS ATTRACTING QUALITY PLAYERS GOES.
haps

Postby maximus » Tue Mar 01, 2005 4:24 pm

John Barnes' Granny wrote:Nunez isn't a lawyer: he has a post grad in international law, thats all.

Same meat, different gravy thats all  :D

I just wish he was a post graduate in the art of playing out on the wing  :laugh:
maximus
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion