Striker linked - Riki

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby kazza » Sat Oct 15, 2005 9:12 am

Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez is being tipped to add to his Spanish contingent by swooping for Getafe striker Riki when the transfer window reopens.

The 25-year-old striker has been a key figure in his side's fantastic start to the season which sees the Madrid-based minnows currently topping La Primera.

He has bagged four goals in six starts this campaign, a return that has caught the attention of Benitez.

The Reds boss was looking to bring in another striker before the transfer window closed at the end of August but was ultimately priced out of bringing Michael Owen back to Anfield.

It appears certain he will look to strengthen in January and the continuing speculation surrounding the future of Djibril Cisse has only added to rumours a new striker will arrive.

Riki came through the youth ranks at Real Madrid and joined Getafe at the start of last season.

His first full campaign in La Primera yielded only two goals in 21 appearances, but the quality of his displays alerted Deportivo La Coruna who saw a €3 million (£2 million) bid for him rejected in the summer.

A powerful and quick striker, his game would seem ideally suited to the English game and his qualities seem to have convinced Benitez.

He is under contract at Getafe until 2007 and his release clause stands at just €6 million (£4 million), however, The Reds are not keen on paying the entirety of that figure.

Spanish sources claim Benitez could well look to push a deal through in January if Cisse does end up moving on with a compromise figure of around £2.5 million likely to convince Getafe to play ball.

However, if Riki maintains his impressive early season form then the reigning European champions could well face competition for the hit-man's signature.

If we can get him for 2.5 million, it is a no brainer.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Sat Oct 15, 2005 9:46 am

kazza wrote:If can get him for 2.5 million, it is a no brainer.

Presumeably by "no brainer" Kaz' you mean we should buy him. I wouldn't TBH mate. Signing this bloke (and I'd be surprised if it's not just idle specualation TBH) is precisely the sort of move that prompted me to start the "we can buy British" thread of a week or so ago. People say it's only 2.5 mill' but you've got a four year deal at around 40k a week to factor in. That takes the thing over the 10 mill' mark and for what?
I don't know this but I'm guessing La Primera is the Spanish First Division? (by that I mean one down from the top league, La Liga, feck these new names   :D ) and the fella has hardly ripped it up there by the looks of it. He's got to come to the UK, get used to a totally different style of football, language, culture etc and what's the chances he would make it work? I'd leave well alone and look for somebody who is either out of something approaching the top drawer already, or has experience of English football.
Kujit (though I've never seen the bloke play TBH) seems to fit the bill if the reports are to be believed. Failing that, for a lowish fee (around 4.5 mill') I'd have a look at Annelka if we are to flog off Cisse.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Magician » Sat Oct 15, 2005 9:56 am

If that is the case and we bring another striker in in Jnauary i would have kept hold of Milan Baros
The Magician

Expect the Unexpected
The Magician

Postby kazza » Sat Oct 15, 2005 9:57 am

bigmick wrote:Kujit (though I've never seen the bloke play TBH) seems to fit the bill if the reports are to be believed. Failing that, for a lowish fee (around 4.5 mill') I'd have a look at Annelka if we are to flog off Cisse.

Apparently he is a Kujit type player, big strong and fast.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Sat Oct 15, 2005 10:01 am

ade akenbiyi is also big, strong and fast but i wouldn't necessarily want to buy him. to be honest, riki is just like so many other strikers. he's having a decent spell but he's nothing special at all.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Sat Oct 15, 2005 10:07 am

bigmick wrote:I don't know this but I'm guessing La Primera is the Spanish First Division? (by that I mean one down from the top league, La Liga, feck these new names   :D ) and the fella has hardly ripped it up there by the looks of it.

His team is top of the Spanish (top) Premier league (after six games and this is the same league that has Real, Barcelona and the likes) and he has been the one who has been scoring the goals that got them there.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Sat Oct 15, 2005 10:10 am

kazza wrote:
bigmick wrote:I don't know this but I'm guessing La Primera is the Spanish First Division? (by that I mean one down from the top league, La Liga, feck these new names   :D ) and the fella has hardly ripped it up there by the looks of it.

His team is top of the Spanish (top) Premier league (after six games and this is the same league that has Real, Barcelona and the likes) and he has been the one who has been scoring the goals that got them there.

Sheesh I really must start reading up the European leagues. La Liga and La Primera are one and the same thing then? Sorry mate.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Sat Oct 15, 2005 11:00 am

To be fair I have not been able to find out much about the player other than what was in the report. Maybe Sabre (or another spanish based member) can help.

If he was in the Real youth system, Raffa must know him well.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sat Oct 15, 2005 2:24 pm

well i have seen Riki play (i watch a bit of La Liga) and he is quite good actually! he is fast as the report said and has quick feet. but i don't think Rafa will get him, because Kuiyt may be on his way to anfield next summer.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Sat Oct 15, 2005 5:05 pm

bigmick wrote:
kazza wrote:

Sheesh I really must start reading up the European leagues. La Liga and La Primera are one and the same thing then? Sorry mate.

it's the Primera Liga (Premier League), so you can call it either La Liga or La Premera.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 76-1115222408 » Sat Oct 15, 2005 8:26 pm

Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez is being tipped to add to his Spanish contingent by swooping for Getafe striker Riki

Tipped by who??  FFS!!!

This is a load of B.*ll*c*ks.
They find the top spnish scorer (considering this is where Bezitez is from) and add the fact we are struggling to score goals and a slow news day, and hey PRESTO - we have this story.

I dont even think this should have been posted, it is a waste of space and we can all access SSN and the like anyway!!!

:no
Last edited by 76-1115222408 on Sat Oct 15, 2005 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
76-1115222408

Postby Ciggy » Sat Oct 15, 2005 8:35 pm

Another spaniard zzzzzzzzzzz.......... Rafa needs to get used to the prem before he buys anyone, who is going to fit in.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sat Oct 15, 2005 8:38 pm

So we shouldn't buy any new players until Benitez fully grasps the Premiership?
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby kazza » Sat Oct 15, 2005 9:32 pm

LIVERPOOLANYTIME wrote:I dont even think this should have been posted, it is a waste of space and we can all access SSN and the like anyway!!!

:no

liverpoolfc-newkit.co.uk, your one stop LFC information source (unless of course they listen to you)

:nod
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redsince2001 » Sun Oct 16, 2005 9:15 am

not another spainiard...........
"we were a family club. There was no ‘them and us’ attitude, it was just ‘us’. "-Kenny Daglish
redsince2001
LFC Super Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion