Striker crisis? - Hmmm ipswich young'n

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby murphy0151 » Thu Nov 04, 2004 1:25 pm

While I have been looking out for Dean Bodwitch I have come across another young english player.  Dean Bodwitch has impressed me every time I have seen him play but Ipswich have another gem upfront.  He is Darren Bent, he has alot of potential.  Week in week out now hes been banging them in with either his left foot or his right he's even good in the air.

I dont think we have much money to spend in January.  I see either off these two better options for us as they will be able to play in the chanpions league.  Honestly look out for Ipswich's results and goal scorers, cause this Darren fella is awesome.   An a bigger plus is he's ENGLISH.
murphy0151
LFC Super Member

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Thu Nov 04, 2004 1:31 pm

I have also noticed Darren Bent, he been scoring regulary for Ipswich and always seems to score for England U21 when he comes on.

There are other Premership clubs interested in him,i.e.Everton.

Would need to see more of him before making a judgement.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maximus » Thu Nov 04, 2004 1:57 pm

murphy0151 wrote:An a bigger plus is he's ENGLISH.

Why is that a bigger plus ??
maximus
LFC Super Member

Postby Roger Red Hat » Thu Nov 04, 2004 2:03 pm

cant imagine seeing him running around with "BENT" on the back of his shirt!  :D  :laugh:
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maximus » Thu Nov 04, 2004 2:04 pm

Lee J wrote:cant imagine seeing him running around with "BENT" on the back of his shirt!  :D  :laugh:

quality  :D
maximus
LFC Super Member

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Thu Nov 04, 2004 2:09 pm

better than DICK OFF!!
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby Redtribe » Thu Nov 04, 2004 2:15 pm

Fernando Torres – Athletico Madrid    102(games) -39(goals)
Ricardo Oliveira – Real Betis  74-35 (Used to play at Valencia under Rafa)
Fernando Morientes – Real Madrid  284 – 116
David Villa Sanchez - Real Zaragoza 115 – 51

These are my pics for the spot!
Darren bent although maybe english he has only scored  6 in 18 games this season which really isnt that prolific and no more then any of the strikers we have now! Although to be fair i havnt really seen much of him!
My thinking is that Rafa may well go back to what he knows i.e. the spanish market! Although i thought Mista would be the likely candidate that isnt going to happen now! My Dark Horse would be David Villa or Ricardo Olivera who has played for Rafa and hasnt got a bad scoring record either!
Anyone else have any ideas of who and why??
Last edited by Redtribe on Thu Nov 04, 2004 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Redtribe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adayinthelife » Thu Nov 04, 2004 3:05 pm

Redtribe wrote:Fernando Torres – Athletico Madrid    102(games) -39(goals)
Ricardo Oliveira – Real Betis  74-35 (Used to play at Valencia under Rafa)
Fernando Morientes – Real Madrid  284 – 116
David Villa Sanchez - Real Zaragoza 115 – 51

These are my pics for the spot!
Darren bent although maybe english he has only scored  6 in 18 games this season which really isnt that prolific and no more then any of the strikers we have now! Although to be fair i havnt really seen much of him!
My thinking is that Rafa may well go back to what he knows i.e. the spanish market! Although i thought Mista would be the likely candidate that isnt going to happen now! My Dark Horse would be David Villa or Ricardo Olivera who has played for Rafa and hasnt got a bad scoring record either!
Anyone else have any ideas of who and why??

Forget about Torres unless we have 25m hiding somewhere :laugh:

As for Oliveira Benitez didn't even want him ???

Villa looks a good young striker but not really a target man

Morientes is the man we need and we really should have got him in the swap deal with owen. :(
Smith to Shankly:My thigh is a bit sore,but I think I could play.
Shankly to Fagan:Tell him,Joe.He has got no chance of playing.
Smith to Fagan:Tell him to sod off.It is not his leg,it's mine.
Shankly to Smith:Oh no son.You are wrong,son.It is not your leg.
It is Liverpool Football Club's leg.
adayinthelife
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redtribe » Thu Nov 04, 2004 3:44 pm

Fair point about Torres!
Oliveria i have seen a few times and i dont think he is a poor player at all!
Not sure whether benitez liked him or not but he has a good goals to game ratio which is important! But if your right and Beni doesnt like him then we wont see him!
Villa i think may well be a target, but only if its at a resonable fee.
As for Morientes he is also going to cost a few $$'s And also i think the fact we didnt get him in that swap deal means he may not be too keen on coming to us!
Redtribe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby murphy0151 » Thu Nov 04, 2004 4:57 pm

maximus wrote:

Reason being why buy forigners when you can get english players that are well capable off doing the job.  Thats my views anyway. 

After all we are a english team.
murphy0151
LFC Super Member

Postby maximus » Thu Nov 04, 2004 5:11 pm

murphy0151 wrote:
maximus wrote:

Reason being why buy forigners when you can get english players that are well capable off doing the job.  Thats my views anyway. 

Racist?

I notice the guy in your avatar is english?? NO!! not a bad player though...........lets say we could have him playing for LFC? Would you copmplain about his ethnic background? NO!!

Listen mate, I for one want good quality players at LFC, who will give their heart and soul to wear the red jersey, I dont give a flying fu.ck if they:

1 - Come from From Spain, italy, Mozambique or the Planet Zog
2 - Cost 50 million pounds on £100k a week

What about you??
maximus
LFC Super Member

Postby anfieldadorer » Thu Nov 04, 2004 5:30 pm

Carragher: Euro cash will buy striker
by:teamtalk

Liverpool defender Jamie Carragher believes success in the Champions League will allow his club to afford a striker in the transfer window.

The 26-year-old was at the heart of the defiant defensive performance that secured a vital victory against Deportivo La Coruna - but the rest of the campaign will be without injured striker Djibril Cisse.

Qualifying for the next round of the tournament could earn the club more than £10m, which is critical to new boss Rafael Benitez's spending plans.

Carragher said: "It is important that we now qualify for the next stage of the Champions League, because we obviously need to do something to bring in cover for Djibril Cisse.

"Everyone realises the Champions League creates a lot of money for the club and if we do qualify it will help us strengthen the squad when the transfer window comes around in January."

With a forthcoming AGM coming up, where Liverpool's well-documented financial problems will be explained, Benitez is privately aware that he must generate his own transfer funds through continued success in Europe's top tournament.

Liverpool - who are nicknamed "The Benitles" in the Spanish media - have been linked with Real Zaragoza striker David Villa and Real Madrid's Fernando Morientes while in Spain.

Carragher was delighted with the confidence boosting victory on Wednesday that gives his side a good chance of progressing.

He added: "Deportivo have proved over the years what a good side they are, they reached the semi-finals last season to underline that.

"But that is a credit to us because we restricted them to very few chances and deserved to win it."
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby murphy0151 » Thu Nov 04, 2004 5:48 pm

maximus wrote:
murphy0151 wrote:
maximus wrote:

Racist?

I notice the guy in your avatar is english?? NO!! not a bad player though...........lets say we could have him playing for LFC? Would you copmplain about his ethnic background? NO!!

Listen mate, I for one want good quality players at LFC, who will give their heart and soul to wear the red jersey, I dont give a flying fu.ck if they:

1 - Come from From Spain, italy, Mozambique or the Planet Zog
2 - Cost 50 million pounds on £100k a week

What about you??

How is that racist?   

An would I hell is like complain about having one off the best players in the world. 

The thing with english player's is they dont need 6 months, a year or what ever too adjust to the premiership.  Whats the point in buying a player in January from abroad.  Someone who will almost certainly need time to adjust to the way off life, an football in this country.  When we can get some who know's what its all about in the english game.

Oh yeah vote BNP.
:D  :D
murphy0151
LFC Super Member

Postby Leonmc0708 » Thu Nov 04, 2004 6:16 pm

I prefer Bent Murf, I have never seen that Bowditch play.

Are you going for Boro.Olympiakos tickets doon ?
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Thu Nov 04, 2004 6:18 pm

murphy0151 wrote:Oh yeah vote BNP.
:D  :D

You listened to that guy from the Monaco game then Murf ?? :laugh:  :laugh:
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion