Stop these silly rumours about stevie g - The are so unfounded!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby JohnBull » Sat Jun 26, 2004 5:07 pm

Give us the money Hustler !!! or double it up !!!
JohnBull
JohnBull
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Sat Jun 26, 2004 7:41 pm

TheHustler wrote:
John Barnes' Granny wrote:
TheHustler wrote:Its really not that big a deal. whether we get 15 million, or 40 million for him, no player is berr than LFc

So why did you start this hysterical thread?  :D

Hysterical thread? ?????

Listen Granny, just change yer silly screen name.

this post was just stating facts why he ISNT going anywhere.

But whether he does go at some point in the future or stays, it is no big deal

If they were facts then we wouldn't have to worry about him ever going, would we?

I'm not going to bandy insults with a spotty faced adolescent whose earliest Liverpool FC memory was from five years ago.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby 84-1083280474 » Sat Jun 26, 2004 9:18 pm

Thats it, live in the past!

like most liverpool fans.

nothing beyond the past 5 years matters much these days
84-1083280474

Postby JBG » Sat Jun 26, 2004 10:58 pm

So you are a 14 year old child that doesn't know his asre from his elbow?  :D
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby XSD » Sat Jun 26, 2004 11:08 pm

I'm not old enough to have a clear memory of when the KOP was standing but I don't see why it should disvalue my opinion on current matters regarding the club we all support. Surely you have a better imagination than this JBG.
XSD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Sat Jun 26, 2004 11:27 pm

No, of course it doesn't XSD, but if you read the rest of this thread you'll see the context in which I made that comment.

Idiots remain idiots be they 5 years old or 80 years old and we have one on our hands here.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby XSD » Sat Jun 26, 2004 11:34 pm

Fairplay, didn't realize this little argument started before page 8, so I was suprised to see you react as you did.
Thehustler has made a small handfull of good comments since registering but it seems he needs to detach himself from certain "facts" that aren't existant.
XSD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JohnBull » Sun Jun 27, 2004 1:53 pm

TheHustler wrote:Thats it, live in the past!

like most liverpool fans.

nothing beyond the past 5 years matters much these days

I've just realised Hustler - are you a girlie?

The only reason anyone is on this site is Shanks/Paisley they made the club what it was and with a bit of luck they've fell upon Benitez who seems to be out of a similar mold  and might take us back to where we should be.

The traditions of LFC are what counts!!!!
JohnBull
JohnBull
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Wed Nov 24, 2004 11:04 pm

I have resurected this thread to remind a few people calling for Stevie to be sold of the level of passion and hurt that was felt amongst reds when the news Stevie was going to Chelki provoked in the summer.

Think again people.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Wed Nov 24, 2004 11:46 pm

Panicky threads like these last summer also came to my mind when I read some of the posts in the last couple of days.

How can people justify arguing selling Gerrard now when there were almost riots last summer when there was strong (and correct) rumours that he was considering joing Chelsea?

What has the guy done wrong? He had a very good start of the seasonn, got a bad injury, has come back (playing less than 120 minutes) and now people are saying he has no heart and we should cash in!  :glare:
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Mikz » Thu Nov 25, 2004 12:13 am

When we start selling our best players-thatll be the finish of us.Maybe people think we are completely skint and thats why they want to cash him in. Only if he was unhappy and wanted to go should we do that,or we have another Gerrard come through the youth system
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Thu Nov 25, 2004 12:19 am

We're £15m in debt.

We NEED AT LEAST three, maybe four, ten to fifteen million pound players to be good enough.

We also then need a couple of backup players.

We need about seventy million pounds worth of players.

Unless Rafa can pull off a few Pires/Vieira/Hyypia style signings and turn Warnock and Le Tallec into players of Vicente and Bergkamps ability then we need this kind of money.
Last edited by 115-1073096938 on Thu Nov 25, 2004 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
115-1073096938

Postby JBG » Thu Nov 25, 2004 12:25 am

Our debt is not a problem (for the moment) and I'm confident that there will be eventually a regime change or investment which will change our financial status (although I'm not holding my breath on that one).

I still advocate holding on to our best players, attempt to buy at least one 10million guy a season (and hope he performs!) and try to pick up a bargain here and there.

Arsene Wenger has done this, and if Benitez is as good as they say he is, he will have to do the same thing, because we simply don't have the resources to compete on an even playing field with Man UTD and Chelsea in the transfer market.

It CAN be done: Alex Ferguson has made it well known that he considered taking Alonso in the summer, yet the lure of Rooney was too much. Now the whole country is talking about Xabi, and its transfers like him that might allow us to compete (in the long term) with our financial handicap.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby 115-1073096938 » Thu Nov 25, 2004 12:36 am

Alonso, as good as he is, is a £10,700,000 player.

Potentially a £20,000,000 player.

Gerrard and Alonso have massive potential. But they can't do it on there own.

Long term, i'd build my team around Gerrard, Alonso, Riise, Carragher, Cisse and Kirkland, the rest i'm affraid need to be replaced. Obviously players like Finnan, Luis Garcia, Baros, Warnock, Traore and Hamann have a place in the squad. But theres Hyypia who isn't going to last MUCH longer and theres other players there who i think are simply not good enough.
115-1073096938

Postby mrcool2003 » Thu Nov 25, 2004 4:21 am

i would agree with that, those players are the ones that are gonna be the foundations

but selling gerrard are u mad? debt or no debt, as someone said there, if u start selling your best players its all downhill from there

and as for buying quality players, money doesnt' guarantee anything, look at diouf sure, 10 mil? and hes ******, so before u think we need x amount of money to buy y player, think about theres bargains out there, i cant say who but give it time and the squad will be rebuilt, its just annoying that we stuck with houllier too long, rb would of got the same money more than likely and im confident we would of been better off, but houllier wrecked the team, wasted millions and now we're left with the mess it sucks
mrcool2003
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion