Stop these silly rumours about stevie g - The are so unfounded!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Dalglish » Mon Jun 21, 2004 2:13 am

Tempting isn't it to cash in on Owen particularly as Baros is having such a  good Euro 2004 and Cisse is on his way into the club.... I'd prefer Owen to move abroad if possible but he isn't exactly putting himself in the shop window in portugal is he ?  ???
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 84-1083280474 » Wed Jun 23, 2004 12:38 am

i agree ..signed Aldo
84-1083280474

Postby 84-1083280474 » Wed Jun 23, 2004 12:42 am

thing is, i dont think owen is worth anything near 30 million so who would buy him? 15 million is all we would get.
he's not the "Complete Striker". He can score goals, hog defenders, but he's not Henry, Van Nistlerooy, or ronaldo.

Injuries or not, we'd be lucky to get much right now as he's only  a year left on his contract.
84-1083280474

Postby JBG » Wed Jun 23, 2004 12:44 am

JohnBull wrote:5 tits grow up lad - he's gone for the lucre

You've changed your tune in 24 hours!
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby 84-1083280474 » Wed Jun 23, 2004 11:44 pm

i agree signed dalglish
84-1083280474

Postby anfieldadorer » Thu Jun 24, 2004 6:01 am

Hustler, the incoming posts concerning stevie's likely to leave are not silly to me.
What planet are you in if saying it's impossible for Stevie to leave? Else, says the chance is 50-50 (though i personally believe his chance to leave is now more than 50, albeit still possible to decline). But it's normal to fans to react (even to over-react) about the 'even only 50 of the chance' since realistically stevie is the diamond in our crown.
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jymbojetset » Thu Jun 24, 2004 9:08 am

Dalglish wrote:Tempting isn't it to cash in on Owen particularly as Baros is having such a  good Euro 2004 and Cisse is on his way into the club.... I'd prefer Owen to move abroad if possible but he isn't exactly putting himself in the shop window in portugal is he ?  ???

Very tempting to cash in on Owen. But I reckon he'll come good soon enough.

Imagine start of next season -

3 quality strikers (who can score!) available for Liverpool - when was the last time that happened?
jymbojetset
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 84-1083280474 » Thu Jun 24, 2004 10:45 am

anfieldadorer wrote:Hustler, the incoming posts concerning stevie's likely to leave are not silly to me.
What planet are you in if saying it's impossible for Stevie to leave? Else, says the chance is 50-50 (though i personally believe his chance to leave is now more than 50, albeit still possible to decline). But it's normal to fans to react (even to over-react) about the 'even only 50 of the chance' since realistically stevie is the diamond in our crown.

Why do you beleive the chance is more than 50-50??

Where do you get yer evidence and facts from?

Benitez?
Parry?
Stevie G?
His Agent?

erm....................NOPE!

Probably from yer mates down the pub and the Sun newspaper!
The sun published yesterday an 80million pound bid for rooney and Gerrard, which is totally unfounded.
The thing is, Steven Gerrard hasnt even said a word on the subject, so for you to come out and say the chance is more than 50-50 when he's signed a new contract is just a joke.
Nobody knows how unsettled he is at LFC.
84-1083280474

Postby anfieldadorer » Thu Jun 24, 2004 12:05 pm

TheHustler wrote:
anfieldadorer wrote:Hustler, the incoming posts concerning stevie's likely to leave are not silly to me.

Why do you beleive the chance is more than 50-50??

Where do you get yer evidence and facts from?

Benitez?
Parry?
Stevie G?
His Agent?

erm....................NOPE!

Probably from yer mates down the pub and the Sun newspaper!
The sun published yesterday an 80million pound bid for rooney and Gerrard, which is totally unfounded.
The thing is, Steven Gerrard hasnt even said a word on the subject, so for you to come out and say the chance is more than 50-50 when he's signed a new contract is just a joke.
Nobody knows how unsettled he is at LFC.

Yes, from Benitez saying that he's gonna try to keep Gerrard, and from Parry informing that SG was unhappy, from the Russian that he wants SG. etc.

Of course there were never any explisit saying from reliable sources that he is definitely going to leave. If there were, I wouldn't assume it to be 50, but 100 instead.

Why due to Benitez, Parry, etc saying i have come to a belief that he's more than 50% to go? It is only a belief, personal state of mind, can not actually be measured by numbers. It may only be represented qualitatively, e.g. 0=not believe; 50=half believe; more than 50=strongly believe; etc. Therefore what i said was approximately: I strongly believe that he's gonna leave, why? I have no mathematically exact explanation but only from behaving realistically, plus a bit of 'worry'; 'jealous'; 'insecure', etc. and i think that's normal to most people.

If you said you believed 90% that stu's, err.. sorry not stu, let's say: 'somebody's' gonna shoot you in yer head (joking stu  :D ), how can anyone oppose to it and say "it's actually only 89%, mate, don't worry"? that'll sound stupid.

If you believe SG will never leave, I'm sure that's okay with everybody, but you don't have to slam everybody who doesn't agree with you; judge people posts are silly and dozen of articles are c##ps. You let yourself getting in the way of clockwise, and you are amazingly never getting tired of it.

I believe "more than 50%" that you are not happy with your life.
Why? I just believe from what i've seen.
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JohnBull » Thu Jun 24, 2004 6:34 pm

Gerrard did ask the board to sign Joey Barton as his mid field back up. That was one of the requests in the end of season get together.
Barton has just agreed terms with Charlton and is going on £25K a week.
South East London's about 20 mins from his mate in Stamford Bridge.
JohnBull
JohnBull
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Thu Jun 24, 2004 6:44 pm

Nah...Gerrard will go to Chelsea, maybe not because he wants to but more likely he is being asked to. If Chelsea table an offer in the region of £40M+, it will be too tempting for the board to turn them down. The club is in serious need of funds to rebuild the team, and the idea that selling Stevie might actually strengthen the team overall is not too crazy a thought.

Blame Moores for turning down Morgan's proposal.
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 84-1083280474 » Fri Jun 25, 2004 12:24 am

Its really not that big a deal. whether we get 15 million, or 40 million for him, no player is berr than LFc
84-1083280474

Postby mistyred » Fri Jun 25, 2004 12:35 pm

Clear the air talk's are needed about what direction the club is going in general so all party's know where they stand.
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Fri Jun 25, 2004 1:53 pm

TheHustler wrote:Its really not that big a deal. whether we get 15 million, or 40 million for him, no player is berr than LFc

So why did you start this hysterical thread?  :D
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby 84-1083280474 » Sat Jun 26, 2004 5:04 pm

John Barnes' Granny wrote:
TheHustler wrote:Its really not that big a deal. whether we get 15 million, or 40 million for him, no player is berr than LFc

So why did you start this hysterical thread?  :D

Hysterical thread? ?????

Listen Granny, just change yer silly screen name.

this post was just stating facts why he ISNT going anywhere.

But whether he does go at some point in the future or stays, it is no big deal
84-1083280474

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion