STEWART DOWNING - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Benny The Noon » Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:05 pm

Wanyama would be perfect for us - big strong DM who can fill in at CB
Benny The Noon

Postby devaney » Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:20 pm

Thommo's perm » Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:34 am wrote:
Benny The Noon » Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:19 am wrote:Nah it's ok , I think it's clear you are unsure of your own point and have twisted yourself in circles.

When you can come up with some clarification instead of riddles I can then address any point you are attempting to make.

Aw giving up so easily? Never mind
Subtelty is not one of your strong points, I understand. But must do better in the future...
:;):

Anyway back to the thread
Downing could fetch us up to £10 mill which could buy us a couple of good players
:nod

Thommo - for the sake of a forum in utter decline can you give up these utterly futile and pointless arguments. I have...............................
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:04 pm

i`d be very surprised if we brought in a DM knowing how highly rodgers rates allen and with lucas just signing a new long term contract.
he doesnt seem that keen on big physical players either, even when it comes to keepers.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:11 pm

devaney » Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:20 pm wrote:
Thommo's perm » Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:34 am wrote:
Benny The Noon » Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:19 am wrote:Nah it's ok , I think it's clear you are unsure of your own point and have twisted yourself in circles.

When you can come up with some clarification instead of riddles I can then address any point you are attempting to make.

Aw giving up so easily? Never mind
Subtelty is not one of your strong points, I understand. But must do better in the future...
:;):

Anyway back to the thread
Downing could fetch us up to £10 mill which could buy us a couple of good players
:nod

Thommo - for the sake of a forum in utter decline can you give up these utterly futile and pointless arguments. I have...............................

I wasnt arguing mate
I was merely pointing out that city, united, chelsea and arsenal are not clubs I would expect LFC to be aspiring to, no matter how much money they spend. We are far above them no matter what the table says
Daft tw@t doesnt do subtlety. Hes a black and white type of guy
:laugh:
I take your comment on board though
I just wonder why the admins allow him to carry on wum-ming ad fu'ckin nauseum?
???
Thommo's perm

Postby Benny The Noon » Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:40 pm

No one said they are clubs to aspire too though - the level they are at is what we should aspire too.

You say we are far above them ? In what terms - the main barometer is the table and success. Currently we languish behind
Benny The Noon

Postby Reg » Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:34 pm

Beware Benny, Sabre is back and he's gonna Happy-Clappy you to death.  Time to think positive.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:36 pm

Reg » Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:34 pm wrote:Beware Benny, Sabre is back and he's gonna Happy-Clappy you to death.  Time to think positive.

I'm unsure what to say Reg because if I attempt a joke you might unleash a barrel of abuse at me again
Benny The Noon

Postby Thommo's perm » Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:51 pm

Benny The Noon » Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:40 pm wrote:No one said they are clubs to aspire too though - the level they are at is what we should aspire too.

You say we are far above them ? In what terms - the main barometer is the table and success. Currently we languish behind

No-one, not even an idiot like you would say we didnt want to be higher in the table. Yet another of your stating the Fu*king obvious posts.
You are using the example of the money they have spent as the reason they are successful. I challenged your "facts" and stated that I would rather LFC went about things our own way than to try and emulate the clubs you admired because of their "achievements".
We are above them because we are LFC and the message is crystal clear if you support LFC.
I am not gong to spell it out to you anymore, so use what little brain you have and try to expand it by exercising it
Thommo's perm

Postby Benny The Noon » Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:12 pm

:laugh:

I was actually showing how with money you have a greater chance of success and how money has helped the teams above us become more successful than us in the recent decade and will continue to do so

But it's fine - you want to do it a different way ( not sure which way you want to do ) - it will be interesting to know which way and when that way was last successful.

Did you mind us spending money in the 70's and 80's
Benny The Noon

Postby devaney » Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:54 pm

Thommo - you're not going to win mate and ultimately you will be tarred with the same brush. Life's a bit too short to get stressed about somebody's opposing views on a football forum. Just ignore them and don't respond. That is what I'm doing and I'm sure the forum will be a better place for it.

As for the mods when this forum was successful they banned a lot of interesting guys (possibly for good reason at the time but albeit in a heavy handed manner). Unfortunately these posters have now subsequently disappeared which is a massive shame. Now we have to put up with relentless trolling and no action is taken. The forum is being ruined by negativity and petty drivel. The lunatics seem to be running the asylum.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:15 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:04 pm wrote:i`d be very surprised if we brought in a DM knowing how highly rodgers rates allen and with lucas just signing a new long term contract.
he doesnt seem that keen on big physical players either, even when it comes to keepers.

It was clear last season that we struggled when teams "got in our faces" and physically dominated us during game - we need our own "bully" to counter it
Benny The Noon

Postby Thommo's perm » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:36 am

devaney » Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:54 pm wrote:Thommo - you're not going to win mate and ultimately you will be tarred with the same brush. Life's a bit too short to get stressed about somebody's opposing views on a football forum. Just ignore them and don't respond. That is what I'm doing and I'm sure the forum will be a better place for it.

As for the mods when this forum was successful they banned a lot of interesting guys (possibly for good reason at the time but albeit in a heavy handed manner). Unfortunately these posters have now subsequently disappeared which is a massive shame. Now we have to put up with relentless trolling and no action is taken. The forum is being ruined by negativity and petty drivel. The lunatics seem to be running the asylum.

Youre right mate. Im not even going to insult him now. Its no fun if people dont get that theyre being insulted.
:no
Thommo's perm

Postby Sabre » Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:47 am

Beware Benny, Sabre is back and he's gonna Happy-Clappy you to death.  Time to think positive.

I think Liverpool can fight for titles. I think Liverpool is the most succesful club in England. And I think that money has brought a tougher competition.

What Liverpool can't do is to fight those newcomers (Chelsea, Citeh) with the same weapons they bring. Liverpool can't waste money. So I'm half happy clappy these days. Everything is possible. Liverpool still is the one with 5 Cups, Liverpool can win the title. But I think Liverpool must do much better money-wise. Liverpool are big, but not rich.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:27 pm

FFS, Thommo, Benny, Redno7.. Give it a break ! You're all boring as fck and any contribution you attempt to make to the discussion is lost behind all the childish *****.

Back on topic. As things stand, Downing remains the weakest link in our starting 11. We already seem to have deals in place for Mignolet (9mill), Toure (free), Aspas (7.5), and L.Alberto (6.7). 23+ mill and 4 players, and our starting 11 isnt any stronger. None of these players are improvements on what we already have in their respective positions imo, and none of them (bar Mignolet on a good day) are good enough to start for a top4 side.   

Sabre said something about us needing to buy smart to compete and I completely agree. My take on it is that we don't necessarily need to go out and sign unknowns (gambles) for 5-10mill in the hope of them turning out to become world beaters. What we should do/ should have done is add one or two proven quality players to what we already have. ManUtd didnt win the league last season by adding quality or quantity to their bench, they did it by going out and spending big on a proven talent; such are the margins.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:40 pm

Some examples of smartness.

Fact: We can't buy Ladyboy Ronaldo. We simply can't.

But the fact Liverpool aren't THAT rich, doesn't mean Liverpool haven't a decent money power. For example: Do you know how much money have Valencia offered for Gio Dos Santos, a player who in the market is more valuable than the lad from Sevilla we got? 3M.

What Liverpool can't do is to buy young lads at 8M when with those 8M you can buy much better. I think Liverpool's problem is reputation. So much history, so much titles, that we think we can spend the money the way Manchester United do. And that's not possible.

Reg said in another post that no CL means no loyalty. Not exactly. Those Suarez are more mercenaries than title wishing people. They are really after the money. Liverpool must use the same thing on their own advantage. They can outbid teams like Valencia because they're bankrupt. What we can't do is to pay 8M for a guy who played last season in Second Division. We simply can't do that, because the irony is that when it comes to sell, we sell cheap. I still remember here people sayins to offload Alonso for 14M for f*ck's sake!

We have to develop a Liverpool style of managing money. We can't develop the Chelsea style or the Manchester United Style. Liverpool Style of money will be still stronger than Valencia's or Atletico Madrid. And you can mount a title winning team with that. Of course you can.
Last edited by Sabre on Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion