Stevies trial - found not guilty of affray

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby NANNY RED » Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:14 pm

Never in any doubt in my mind, Now lets consentrate on the real fecking criminals them pair of gobsh,ites who are embezling our club.
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fauxy » Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:17 pm

Cant believe Stevie got away with it to be honest  :D  His side of the argument really didnt sound very convincing at all, but still im glad the desicion whent his way because he is a nice guy.
Fauxy

Postby Reg » Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:26 pm

s@int wrote:Image

The jury seem happy enough with their verdict   :D

There cant be anyone in the world who didnt have the same thought.

He's scored some blinders and got some great results but that one must be up amongst the best.  :laugh:
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:29 pm

NANNY RED wrote:Never in any doubt in my mind, Now lets consentrate on the real fecking criminals them pair of gobsh,ites who are embezling our club.

:nod

one down and the plan in place to ditch the next, then the rest will be downed in May  :nod
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Reg » Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:36 pm

Members of the jury took just over 70 minutes to find the Reds' captain not guilty.

Judge Henry Globe told him: "The verdict is a credible verdict on the full facts of this case, and you walk away from this court with your reputation intact.

"You did not start the violence, it was started by the violent elbowing of Marcus McGee in the face by one of your friends John Doran.

"At all times you insisted that you only ever acted in what you believed was reasonable self-defence to what you understandably, albeit you accept mistakenly, believed was an attempted attack upon you by Marcus McGee.

"What at first sight to the casual observer may seem to have been a clear-cut case against you of unlawful violence, has been nowhere near as clear-cut upon careful analysis of the evidence."

Liverpool manager, Rafa Benitez, who is in Singapore ahead of the team's game against the national side there on Sunday, said: "We are really pleased.

BBC
Last edited by Reg on Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby inglis5 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:46 pm

Steve Gerrard, Gerrard. He's better than Scotland Yard. Not guilty and still dead hard. Steve Gerrard, Gerrard. :p
inglis5

Postby devaney » Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:55 pm

Fauxy wrote:Cant believe Stevie got away with it to be honest  :D  His side of the argument really didnt sound very convincing at all, but still im glad the desicion whent his way because he is a nice guy.

Totally convinced that there are issues that perhaps we will never here about because the judges summing up almost gave the impression that he had no sympathy whatsoever for the Manc and that is very unusual in a case of this nature. Gerrard has never been in trouble before and keeps himself to himself. What has this guy done that is so different from all the other idiots Evertonian's and Man U supporters that have had a go in the past? I don't believe it was just music for one minute! WE WILL NEVER KNOW!

Thank goodness it's over. Now we just need Xabi to say he is staying!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:26 pm

Blessed, he is....I personally think he was guilty, admittedly based on distilling all the reports and video footage I've seen of the case. Of course I wasn't at the trial and some might say "What the heck do you know then ?"...
Anyway, I think he is very lucky not to have gone down a la Drunken Ferguson and Joey "The Fists" Barton. TBH, I'm surprised he got off scot free....
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby tubby » Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:55 pm

I really don't care if he was or wasn't. We have a league to win next season so I hope this is quickly forgotten about so he can get back to doing what he does best, playing well for LFC.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:33 pm

Gerrard even managed to cap his good day with a cracking 25yarder against Tranmere in the 2-2 draw. Surprisingly he was m.o.tm. too :)
account deleted by request

Postby J*o*n*D*o*e » Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:08 pm

for those of you who didnt know the trial of the other 6 people involved in this case took place this week. they all received suspended jail sentences. seems they gave him a good beating.

full story
ImageImage
J*o*n*D*o*e

Postby account deleted by request » Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:19 am

Man punched by Gerrard to launch civil case
23/08/2009 - 10:07:57
The man punched in a nightclub by Liverpool football star Steven Gerrard is launching a civil action against the player and six of his friends, it emerged today.

Gerrard was cleared of affray last month following the attack on businessman Marcus McGee, but six of the Liverpool midfielder’s friends received suspended jail terms and community service.

McGee, 34, who lost a front tooth and suffered facial cuts in the fight last December, said he has told lawyers to begin civil action for compensation for the injuries he received.

The father of two from Southport told the Mail on Sunday: “I’ve got dental bills and legal fees arising from what happened. But, more importantly, I don’t think that justice was properly served.

“I still can’t believe that they all walked free – that they effectively got away with beating me up.”

He added: “Surely, if another group of lads were captured on camera doing what this lot did, then they would be facing jail, or at least one of them would as a warning to others that it is not acceptable to embark on mindless violence.”

A jury at Liverpool Crown Court acquitted Gerrard of unjustly attacking McGee in the Lounge Inn in Southport, Merseyside, on December 29 to celebrate Liverpool’s 5-1 demolition of Newcastle United hours earlier.

The player, of Formby, Merseyside, admitted hitting him but denied affray, saying it was in self-defence.

Five of Gerrard’s friends admitted affray and another pleaded guilty to threatening behaviour in a fight.

They were handed sentences of 18 weeks’ imprisonment, suspended for 12 months, and were also ordered to perform 150 hours of unpaid work.

link

Just what we didn't need :(

Postby Lando_Griffin » Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:25 am

s@int wrote:Man punched by Gerrard to launch civil case
23/08/2009 - 10:07:57
The man punched in a nightclub by Liverpool football star Steven Gerrard is launching a civil action against the player and six of his friends, it emerged today.

Gerrard was cleared of affray last month following the attack on businessman Marcus McGee, but six of the Liverpool midfielder’s friends received suspended jail terms and community service.

McGee, 34, who lost a front tooth and suffered facial cuts in the fight last December, said he has told lawyers to begin civil action for compensation for the injuries he received.

The father of two from Southport told the Mail on Sunday: “I’ve got dental bills and legal fees arising from what happened. But, more importantly, I don’t think that justice was properly served.

“I still can’t believe that they all walked free – that they effectively got away with beating me up.”

He added: “Surely, if another group of lads were captured on camera doing what this lot did, then they would be facing jail, or at least one of them would as a warning to others that it is not acceptable to embark on mindless violence.”

A jury at Liverpool Crown Court acquitted Gerrard of unjustly attacking McGee in the Lounge Inn in Southport, Merseyside, on December 29 to celebrate Liverpool’s 5-1 demolition of Newcastle United hours earlier.

The player, of Formby, Merseyside, admitted hitting him but denied affray, saying it was in self-defence.

Five of Gerrard’s friends admitted affray and another pleaded guilty to threatening behaviour in a fight.

They were handed sentences of 18 weeks’ imprisonment, suspended for 12 months, and were also ordered to perform 150 hours of unpaid work.

link

Just what we didn't need :(

F*ck off you Manc tw*t.
Last edited by Lando_Griffin on Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:28 am

Lando_Griffin wrote:F*ck off you Manc tw*t.

That aimed at me or Marcus McGee Lando ?  :D

Postby Lando_Griffin » Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:59 am

:D

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion