Stevies trial - found not guilty of affray

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Bad Bob » Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:33 pm

lakes10 wrote:
we all dream... wrote:
lakes10 wrote:
destro wrote:
tonyeh wrote:I don't know how anyone could draw a conclusion from the CCTV footage.

:nod I agree,from what I have seen the only physical contact came from the elbow, there was far to many people at the bar to say what happened once the guy went down from that. It looked just as much like people tried to then help him up more than wading in on him. The lad that threw the elbow should have been charged and that should have been the end of it but he obviously isnt as high profile as Stevie is and wouldnt be able to pay out as much in compensation.

If you are in a heated debate with someone stood directly infront of you and you get an elbow to the head then you must know that unless that person has arms like Crouch's legs it is impossible for him to elbow you in the face and you not know if it was him or not ?

He claims, during the free for all that followed he witnessed the speed and precision of the punches thrown by Stevie  but missed who elbowed him in the face at the start  ???

I will be more gob smacked than the bloke if the outcome of all this is anything more than a bit of compensation

we are lucky that the cctv of him with a upside down bottle in his had was not used. the point that it was not used i think was due to him falling over by the stand and looked no danger to anyone, this was said to happen 2 mins after he had hit the guy and once his friends had pulled him off.

Are you trying to say that our captain was a little worse for wear on a nigh out after hammering Newcastle 5-1 with him scoring 2 and playing an absolute blinder, oh andit was a night off over the christmas period??

Good heavens above, sack him now.

I feel sorry for him, he's had a bit to drink got himself into a bit of bother, had a bit of a bunch up, his mates have waded in and started a bit of a brawl. It happenes all of the time. Yes he shouldn't be in those situations but what I love about Gerrard and Carragher is that they are northern (for me cos I'm not scousen) lads who enjoy a pint and a bit of fun. They are bound to attract attention and do well not to get in more scrapes. If I was in a bar when he was there and someone was having a pop at him I'd certainly give the fella the old 1 2 so the Stevie didn't have to. We don't want him getting hurt now do we...

put it this way, when i have a drink i dont feel like hitting anyone.

Yeah, but you're not a top footballer who has to take loads off rival fans when out and about in public.  Not excusing it, just putting it in context.  Saying that you wouldn't do the same in Stevie's situation is any easy call to make when you remove all the context that goes into creating the situation.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Redangel » Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:49 pm

Not guilty!!! Just in.
Redangel

Postby Effes » Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:50 pm

Not guilty - just been announced.

Im surprised, I must say, thought it was nailed on to be charged.
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:50 pm

Not Guilty
:D
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby lakes10 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:55 pm

Bad Bob wrote:
lakes10 wrote:
we all dream... wrote:
lakes10 wrote:
destro wrote:
tonyeh wrote:I don't know how anyone could draw a conclusion from the CCTV footage.

:nod I agree,from what I have seen the only physical contact came from the elbow, there was far to many people at the bar to say what happened once the guy went down from that. It looked just as much like people tried to then help him up more than wading in on him. The lad that threw the elbow should have been charged and that should have been the end of it but he obviously isnt as high profile as Stevie is and wouldnt be able to pay out as much in compensation.

If you are in a heated debate with someone stood directly infront of you and you get an elbow to the head then you must know that unless that person has arms like Crouch's legs it is impossible for him to elbow you in the face and you not know if it was him or not ?

He claims, during the free for all that followed he witnessed the speed and precision of the punches thrown by Stevie  but missed who elbowed him in the face at the start  ???

I will be more gob smacked than the bloke if the outcome of all this is anything more than a bit of compensation

we are lucky that the cctv of him with a upside down bottle in his had was not used. the point that it was not used i think was due to him falling over by the stand and looked no danger to anyone, this was said to happen 2 mins after he had hit the guy and once his friends had pulled him off.

Are you trying to say that our captain was a little worse for wear on a nigh out after hammering Newcastle 5-1 with him scoring 2 and playing an absolute blinder, oh andit was a night off over the christmas period??

I feel sorry for him, he's had a bit to drink got himself into a bit of bother, had a bit of a bunch up, his mates have waded in and started a bit of a brawl. It happenes all of the time. Yes he shouldn't be in those situations but what I love about Gerrard and Carragher is that they are northern (for me cos I'm not scousen) lads who enjoy a pint and a bit of fun. They are bound to attract attention and do well not to get in more scrapes. If I was in a bar when he was there and someone was having a pop at him I'd certainly give the fella the old 1 2 so the Stevie didn't have to. We don't want him getting hurt now do we...

Yeah, but you're not a top footballer who has to take loads off rival fans when out and about in public.  Not excusing it, just putting it in context.  Saying that you wouldn't do the same in Stevie's situation is any easy call to make when you remove all the context that goes into creating the situation.

and you have jusrt made my point even stronger why he should not act in that way.

learners also find it hard to understand that they should not hit out. they always say "but". the truth is there are no "but's" he should have walked away and if he felt he was going to get hit then he should have left the location, as soon as you hit out you risk being done by the police, this happens all the time in the UK and yes the police do charger you even if you are not a top football player........thats what keeps me  in a job.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby heimdall » Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:57 pm

Bad Bob wrote:
lakes10 wrote:
we all dream... wrote:
lakes10 wrote:
destro wrote:

They only thing I don't like, if it's true, is Stevie acting like a bit of a pr1ck in demanding the controls and being arrogant etc. Scuffles happen all the time in every pub and nightclub in the country, no serious harm was done so it should have been left at that.
heimdall

Postby redbeergoggles » Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:03 pm

lakes10 wrote:
we all dream... wrote:
lakes10 wrote:
destro wrote:

Good for you, let us all bow to your saintly glow ,Father Lake's  ???
you truly are a veritable beacon of goodness  :)
redbeergoggles
LFC Super Member

Postby GYBS » Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:03 pm

oh well he has been found not guilty so thats that over
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redbeergoggles » Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:04 pm

NOT GUILTY matter resolved ,thread closed :D
redbeergoggles
LFC Super Member

Postby account deleted by request » Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:05 pm

redbeergoggles wrote:
lakes10 wrote:
we all dream... wrote:
lakes10 wrote:
destro wrote:

Good for you, let us all bow to your saintly glow ,Father Lake's  ???
you truly are a veritable beacon of goodness  :)

:laugh:  To be fair, Lakes is an anger management therepist, it wouldn't look too good if he was going out every weekend smacking some kunt would it    :D
account deleted by request

Postby heimdall » Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:08 pm

redbeergoggles wrote:NOT GUILTY matter resolved ,thread closed :D

?? have they come back with the verdict already, that is agood news.  :D
heimdall

Postby sixbuster » Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:09 pm

close the thread, but he must be more careful in future.:D
Forever a red
sixbuster

Postby account deleted by request » Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:09 pm

Great news - hopefully put all this cr@p behind him now and get on with more important issues such as playing well for us this season.

I am relieved because I honestly didn't expect him to be cleared. I thought he would get a fine and community service.
account deleted by request

Postby roberto green » Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:11 pm

Well quite clearly Judge was on his side

:D
roberto green

Postby stmichael » Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:24 pm

Sky will be devastated
stmichael
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion