Stevies trial - found not guilty of affray

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby sixbuster » Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:56 pm

Bad Bob is calling it right
Forever a red
sixbuster

Postby NANNY RED » Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:01 pm

heimdall wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:But, to be fair to the "lad", he WAS in a "nondescript mood" at the time.  Whatever the feck that means! :laugh: :laugh:

So nobody thinks Gerrard was acting like a jerk then? Would you guys have handed over the controls if it was Gary Neville asking you??  :D

to be honest Heimdall i dont care if he was acting like fecking Tommy Cooper mate , hes the captain of our club an has pulled us out of the sh.it so many times , he will will get my backing what ever. He chined a manc so what , how many on here would love to do that, Hes getting enough sh.it in the papers an on the telly , with out some of our own questioning his behavier , Support our :censored: captain, the man who gonna be picking up that nice bit of silver ware at the end of the season , called the premier league.

An that wasnt a rant at you Heimdall it was just a rant in general, About some questioning he should of done this or that,
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GOAT » Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:07 pm

NANNY RED wrote:
heimdall wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:But, to be fair to the "lad", he WAS in a "nondescript mood" at the time.  Whatever the feck that means! :laugh: :laugh:

So nobody thinks Gerrard was acting like a jerk then? Would you guys have handed over the controls if it was Gary Neville asking you??  :D

to be honest Heimdall i dont care if he was acting like fecking Tommy Cooper mate , hes the captain of our club an has pulled us out of the sh.it so many times , he will will get my backing what ever. He chined a manc so what , how many on here would love to do that, Hes getting enough sh.it in the papers an on the telly , with out some of our own questioning his behavier , Support our :censored: captain, the man who gonna be picking up that nice bit of silver ware at the end of the season , called the premier league.

An that wasnt a rant at you Heimdall it was just a rant in general, About some questioning he should of done this or that,

Exactly I dont care if he t.watted a manc, just hoping he gets off
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby heimdall » Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:19 pm

NANNY RED wrote:
heimdall wrote:

fair enough I suppose, I just reckon I would have acted in exactly the same way as that manc tw@t if Gary Neville had come over to me demanding this and that, but as BB said that is only one half of the story but a very believable one. I can't imagine many of these footballers being gents, well apart from Torres, he genuinely seems like a humble down to earth lad.

Anyway of course I want to see Stevie cleared of this and I'm sure he will be, I'm just playing a bit of devil's advocate here, plus it disappoints me if he is behaving like that.
heimdall

Postby mistyred » Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:40 pm

I hope Gerrard didn't give it the old "Ya know who i am" speech, that would be
embarrassing to say the least.

Don't know what happened to tell you the truth, but if i were Gez i wouldn't
be going on anymore p'iss up's that's for sure.
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:40 pm

He's our captain, he should be allowed to whoever he wants, whenever he wants
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby heimdall » Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:50 pm

dawson99 wrote:He's our captain, he should be allowed to whoever he wants, whenever he wants

So should Gary Neville be allowed to demand that of you then, I assume he's still captain of Manure althoguh I don't actually give a :censored:, but you get what I'm saying right.

Remember I'm just playing  :devil:  advocate here.

Bad manners are bad manners, doesn't matter who you are, and the reason for most fights and indeed most of the problems in the world is people not showing each other enough respect.
heimdall

Postby dawson99 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:55 pm

I forgot the sarcasm icon dude :D
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:19 pm

its this one dawson :)
use it wisely...
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:27 pm

that's poor, it should be  :kungfu:

but i digress. It was a smack, people smack each other all the time in the pub, the lad is a pu$$y to take it to court, theres nothing wrong with him.
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:34 pm

dawson99 wrote:that's poor, it should be  :kungfu:

but i digress. It was a smack, people smack each other all the time in the pub, the lad is a pu$$y to take it to court, theres nothing wrong with him.

hahaha... bet thats what they keep telling you every time they smack you at a pub dude... "dont be a pussy and take us to court"..
Dawson: "no sir im a man and no pussy so i wont" sob sob...

:wwww
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Anfield rapper » Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:35 pm

From what i've seen of the CCTV footage, it definitely looks like SG gets punched first and then its unclear but i think he may have punched the other guy. Not being biased at all either thats what i've seen. Then SG seems to get dragged out of it (presumably when his mates are roughing Mcgee up). They then hold SG back and one of his mates is really angry and wants to get at the barman.

I personally think the barman has a bit of an atitude (is he a manc supporter?) and started this. Ok SG may have said something about the music but i think he just got annoyed with SG (Much like i would if it was Rio ferdinand) and thought he'd have a pop then got more than he bargained for.
Anfield rapper
LFC Super Member

Postby Redbilly1960 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:41 pm

Stevie Gerrard is as many have stated the captain of our club and I like many will defend the guy and the club all day long and if Stevie says black is white then so be it.
But he has let the club, the fans, the city down but worst than that he let himself down and no doubt he will be first to admit it. He is now, in the eyes of many no diffewrent from the Bartons of this world.
I demand the captian of Liverpool Football Club be better than that.
Who started what or who said what don't really come into it he should have walked away and not got involved.
I know the "role model" thing is always waved around at times like this but you walk down any street in Liverpool and there are kids wearing the red shirt with the number eight on the back and the letters G E R R A R D they torment the life out of there parents ( I get it every season) for the shirt because they want to be like there hero.
If the guy he allegedly hit was from Toxteth and a red would everyone be sayin he deserved it?
I hope Stevie gets this sorted whatever way it goes because we need him come August 15th, with his football head on not the head of a scally wanting to fight the world.
Best of Luck Stevie and I hope this is a lesson learnt.
"I was only in the game for the love of football-and I wanted to bring back happiness to the people of Liverpool"
                                                                Bill Shankly
Justice for the 96
Redbilly1960

Postby LFC2007 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:48 pm

Mr Turner said: “When interviewed about the events of the night, Steven Gerrard agreed there had been an exchange of words concerning the music, but said that it was in fact Marcus McGee that was aggressive.

“Up until this point he said he had been having a great night, but this exchange had changed his mood and he agreed shortly after he went to see Marcus McGee.

“He said he had no intention of having a fight, but that when Marcus McGee stood up and they started arguing, he believed that Mr McGee was about to hit him so he punched Mr McGee on the side of the head.

“He said Marcus McGee punched him back after the first one and that he hit out at Marcus McGee maybe three times, but connected only once.”

Hinges on that point. Taking it at face value, it appears to be very difficult for the prosecution to prove beyond reasonable doubt that he did not act in self defence; going by what I've seen and read so far they cannot be entirely satisfied that he did not act in self defence. If Mr Turner believes the CCTV 'says it all', they haven't a cat in hell's chance of securing a conviction. We await further submissions...
LFC2007

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:56 pm

I don't really see how you can use the "I believed he was about to hit me" as a defence or surely everyone involved in a dust up would use it.

Maybe I could try that defence on the Mods? I believed he was about to post an abusive post so I posted one in self defence :D
account deleted by request

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion