Steven Gerrard thread - Stevie G topics: please post here

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby andy_g » Fri Jan 14, 2005 8:22 pm

was just reading an article on the official site about gerrards reaction to the morientes signing. he's delighted and is saying its exactly the quality of signing we need to make and sends messages about the ambition of the club etc etc.

so thats all good then, eh?

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rafas Amigo » Sat Jan 15, 2005 11:06 am

yeah for the mean time, i think that we need to sign a midfielder now that alonso is out for a while
JAMIE '  ILL STAY TILL THE CLUB DOSENT WANT ME  ' CARRAGHER
Rafas Amigo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sat Jan 15, 2005 12:31 pm

Fergie youve got no chance pal :D

Saturday 15 Jan 2005
Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson has revealed that he will bid for Steven Gerrard if Liverpool ever indicate that he will be allowed to move on.

The England midfielder's future has been the subject of much speculation in recent times after he made it clear he was unhappy about the Reds' lack of success, and both Chelsea and Real Madrid are known to be interested.

Ferguson is equally keen to land Gerrard as he looks for a long-term replacement for midfield talisman Roy Keane, but admitted Liverpool were unlikely to sell their captain to their bitter rivals.

"What I'll say is that we would show an interest if we thought there was any chance, but realistically I don't think he would ever come here," he told The Times.

"Yes it's true that I thought the same about (Alan) Smith and probably also (Rio) Ferdinand at one stage, but that's a completely different situation.

"I could name you 15 players who have gone between Leeds and Manchester United, but no player has gone directly between Liverpool and Manchester United in something like 40 years.

"It's a very different proposition."
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Sat Jan 15, 2005 3:51 pm

this will make someone happy

Morientes: I'll convince Gerrard to stick with Liverpool
tribalfootball.com - January 15, 2005

Fernando Morientes hopes he can convince new teammate Steven Gerrard to stay with Liverpool.

He said: "I am going to learn English as soon as possible so I can tell him to stay here.

"He is the figurehead of this club and a fantastic player. It would be great to play a part in keeping him."

Morientes will make his debut today against Manchester United and has a knack of scoring in his first game for a new team.

He did it playing for Albacete, Real Zaragoza and for Spain's Under-18 and Under-20 sides.

Then he got TWO in the opening five minutes of his first senior game for Spain against Sweden.

Morientes insisted: "There is nothing special about what I've done on my debuts. I've been lucky to score goals at all levels.

"Up to now my goal for Spain against Sweden on my debut is top of my list. If I got one against United, that would equal it.

"But scoring would not be the ultimate thing. I just want to be on the field with my new team-mates, to see how well they play and how they incorporate me.

"I know this is a massive game and how important it is for Liverpool. People tell me it is as big as Real Madrid against Barcelona."
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
" Whats a holly kipper CRA? Is that a scene from batman and Robin :D" - CGGY
This is soo true - Daniel - sweetest guy in the world,soft and gentle but good in bed! hes a keeper!!!!!!
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby launch » Sun Jan 16, 2005 6:41 am

Wow Morientes is confident. I hope he can convince Gerrard. Gerrard is our superstar.
YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
launch

Postby KennyisGod....still » Mon Jan 17, 2005 3:54 pm

stmichael wrote:
A.B. wrote:Now if only Benitez would be the manager of the month.

marin jol won that

And look how Spurs did the weekend....velvet glove of death that Manager of the Month award!!  :p
Stu Averill, a wannabe Scouse/Scot. I remember the good times & have faith in them comin back

Beside the Hillsborough Flame, I heard a Koppite mournin, "Why so many taken on that day?" Justice has never been done. But their memory we'll carry on. There'll be Glory Round The Fields Of Anfield Road
KennyisGod....still
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby padzer » Thu Jan 20, 2005 3:36 pm

Alright folks, thinkin ahead to the Leverkusen game and i was wondering did Stevie pick up a second yellow against Olypiakos and is now suspended ?
padzer

Postby stmichael » Thu Jan 20, 2005 3:40 pm

padzer wrote:Alright folks, thinkin ahead to the Leverkusen game and i was wondering did Stevie pick up a second yellow against Olypiakos and is now suspended ?

yes :(
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby padzer » Thu Jan 20, 2005 3:59 pm

nice one St. Mick, id say ur all typed out after the ball is dead thread!
padzer

Postby stmichael » Thu Jan 20, 2005 4:04 pm

speaking of gerrard, he'll be playing in the nou camp come february. :(

Thought that would grab yer attention :p

Liverpool skipper Steven Gerrard is one of the 50 players confirmed for FIFA's 'Football for Hope' benefit match in aid of the Asian tsunami victims. :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Jan 20, 2005 7:28 pm

stmichael wrote:speaking of gerrard, he'll be playing in the nou camp come february. :(

Thought that would grab yer attention :p

Liverpool skipper Steven Gerrard is one of the 50 players confirmed for FIFA's 'Football for Hope' benefit match in aid of the Asian tsunami victims. :D

???   ???   ???
What year St Mick   ???

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Jan 20, 2005 7:29 pm

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:
Yer B'stard , just saw the bottom of yer post . :laugh:

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Red » Mon Jan 24, 2005 12:12 am

If he goes he goes, if we get good money for him well and good. I'd be happy if he stays.

What does irk me is this line "I dont just want money, I want to win things" eg champions league, premiereships etc. Well thats ridiculous, go join a team that can win it without you? Thats almost like buying the trophy. If owen and stevie can't/couldnt win it with Liverpool and the money spent here, then they dont deserve it.
Football is a simple game, all you have to do is pass the ball to a player in a red shirt.
Red
LFC Elite Member

Postby Smoke » Mon Jan 24, 2005 2:41 pm

As loathed as iam to see Gerrard leave and i believe we should do everything possible to keep him, such as exchanging Baros for Owen and letting L4 put in a take over bid.  However Gerrard looks like his mind is made up as his recent performance is reflecting, this is have a terrible effect on the rest of the players after all if the captain doesn't want to play, why shd they make an effort.  The money gained cld revamp Liverpool personally i wld love to c us buy SWP, Downing, Woodgate, L.King, Aimar and mabye Owen to create a more complete team that wld not see us struggling year after year to reach the forth spot.  ****** were LIVERPOOL FC we shd be winning or at least contending for titles not struggling to reach the champions league.
Smoke

Postby mistyred » Mon Jan 24, 2005 9:28 pm

Gerrard want's better than we can give although this has not come from him directly bur im sure he will go but as and when we pull our fingers out starting at Watford maybe he will eventually see what he's missing.
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion