Steven Gerrard thread - Stevie G topics: please post here

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby The_Rock » Sun Feb 06, 2005 6:42 am

fockers fockers fockers  :p,

i think this discussion is going outta of hand. we still have 3 months more to end this season. Are we continue talking if he leaves or not until then ?

If he goes, he goes. But there are more impt stuff to think about (league cup final, champions league, 4th place). Gerrard will be a pivotal player for these assults.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anfieldadorer » Sun Feb 06, 2005 9:30 am

Blues want Cole, Gerrard

February 4, 2005

CHELSEA manager Jose Mourinho has fuelled speculation about a summer bid for Arsenal's Ashley Cole days after newspaper reports the Premier League leaders had made an illegal approach for the left-back.

Mourinho has promised to make two major signings in the summer – a left-back as well as one of the world's greatest players – but he has ruled out David Beckham.

"We'll buy two – one left-sided defender, because I only have one, and another player," he told the Daily Mail.

"Ashley Cole is the best English defender."

Liverpool's Steven Gerrard looks to be the man he has singled out as one of the world's greatest players.

"We are already scouting half-a-dozen players, who are the best in the world, because only they have the ability to join a super, balanced squad like ours," he said.

"That player isn't Beckham, not that I don't like him as a player or as a person.

"It's simply that because of the position that he plays, and the way that our team play, he doesn't seem ideal to us."

Newspaper reports last weekend claimed Cole had met Mourinho and Chelsea chief executive Peter Kenyon in a London hotel but the Premier League has said it would only launch an investigation if Arsenal lodged an official complaint.

A Chelsea statement released today read: "The club has an established policy on stories linking it with players, whatever the circumstances. We have not commented in the past, do not intend to comment now, and will not do so in the future."

Arsenal are currently in talks with Cole to extend his current deal which runs out in 2007.
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ill*neva*walk*alone » Sun Feb 06, 2005 1:24 pm

hey, but the little sh*t (gerrard) cant go!!! hes good...damn good!!!!
hey anyway i was disppointed by luis garcias play against fulham.....he got rated 6 out of 10!!! morientes got the highest...he got 8.....i think gerrard got 7/8 cant remember...
ill*neva*walk*alone

Postby ill*neva*walk*alone » Sun Feb 06, 2005 1:52 pm

The Mail on Sunday have today apologised to Liverpool Football Club for a story about a secret meeting that never took place between Rick Parry and Peter Kenyon to discuss the sale of Steven Gerrard to Chelsea. 
A week ago today, the Mail on Sunday reported that a secret meting had taken place between the two men to agree a deal to sell the Liverpool captain to Stamford Bridge in the summer but today, the Mail on Sunday has printed a full apology for the story and amitted it was wrong.

The apology, under the headline 'Liverpool FC and Rick Parry' reads:

"Last Sunday, we reported that, following secret talks between Rick Parry and Peter Kenyon, a deal had been agreed to sell Steven Gerrard to Chelsea, a transfer that Mr Parry accepted was inevitable and which had first been agreed last June.

"We accept that no such talks have ever been held and that neither Mr Parry nor LFC accept accept such a transfer is inevitable. Nor were there any talks or deal between the clubs last summer. We apologise to both Mr Parry and LFC for any embarrassment caused."
http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N147751050206-0823.htm
ill*neva*walk*alone

Postby chindianred » Mon Feb 07, 2005 4:34 am

shankly has said it and time and again all reds gotta realize its the passion that drives the club. aint got no passion aint got no place. stevie G has the passion but is it deep enough to run thru' brick walls... well let's wait and see but i've to admit it's not very passionate to 'threaten' a club u're passionate about...
chindianred
YNWA
chindianred

Postby chindianred » Mon Feb 07, 2005 4:44 am

The ROCK is right. all of us shd channel our energies into what we can achieve this season instead of harping 2 much on stevie G. it's his problem not ours. lfc is heading in the right direction although many might disagree. its a team game at the end of the day and no one player is greater than the club
YWNA
chindianred
we'll be champs of europe...
chindianred

Postby Boocity » Mon Feb 07, 2005 9:49 am

ill*neva*walk*alone wrote:The Mail on Sunday have today apologised to Liverpool Football Club for a story about a secret meeting that never took place between Rick Parry and Peter Kenyon to discuss the sale of Steven Gerrard to Chelsea. 
A week ago today, the Mail on Sunday reported that a secret meting had taken place between the two men to agree a deal to sell the Liverpool captain to Stamford Bridge in the summer but today, the Mail on Sunday has printed a full apology for the story and amitted it was wrong.

The apology, under the headline 'Liverpool FC and Rick Parry' reads:

"Last Sunday, we reported that, following secret talks between Rick Parry and Peter Kenyon, a deal had been agreed to sell Steven Gerrard to Chelsea, a transfer that Mr Parry accepted was inevitable and which had first been agreed last June.

"We accept that no such talks have ever been held and that neither Mr Parry nor LFC accept accept such a transfer is inevitable. Nor were there any talks or deal between the clubs last summer. We apologise to both Mr Parry and LFC for any embarrassment caused."
http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N147751050206-0823.htm

Yes I read that but does'nt it p1ss you off that the original lies were headline news on the back page and the apology is a poxy little paragraph at the bottom of one of the inside pages.
I think the press should be made to print apologies as big and in the same part of the paper as the original sh1t :angry:
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Mon Feb 07, 2005 10:11 am

Looks like we will have to get used to him going now :(

Liverpool chief executive Rick Parry has confirmed Real Madrid asked for an option to sign Steven Gerrard and admitted he would not stand in the midfielder's way, if he asked to leave Anfield.
Gerrard has been the shining light in a season of frustration for the Merseyside giants, leading the club to the Carling Cup final with some dynamic displays.
With Liverpool struggling in The Premiership, there are fears the club have left it too late to reach a UEFA Champions League place.
With Gerrard determined to secure honours and eager to operate on the highest stage, reports suggest he could leave Anfield in the summer if Liverpool fail to match his ambitions.
Chelsea have long been linked with a move for the England international, but they could face competition from Madrid.
Parry claims Real asked for an option on Gerrard when negotiating the sale of Fernando Morientes, but says he had no hesitation in rejecting their advances.
"Steve is above money," he told Radio Five Live. "He is the future of Liverpool.
"It doesn't matter if it's £30 million, £40 million or £50 million, we will not accept offers."
Parry, though, conceded that the decision on whether Gerrard remains with his hometown club boils down to whether the midfield star wants to stay.
"Our position is we want Steven to stay, but we are also realistic enough and have enough respect for Steven - and he has enough respect for us - to know that it is his decision that will be crucial," added Parry.
"You are not going to keep a player like Steven against his will. That just doesn't work, but any idea we are going to accept offers for Steven and then tell him 'by the way, we've decided to sell you' is not on the agenda. You can forget that."
Parry also revealed that he would consider a sponsorship deal for Liverpool's proposed new stadium.
"I have to say historically it is something I have been against, and I have been on record as saying that, but I think the size of the Arsenal deal is a real eye-opener," he said.
"I would say, in the past, deals have been done far too cheaply and it just hasn't even been worth contemplating.
"But the Arsenal deal is the sort of deal that causes you to draw breath and say 'wow - that's interesting.'
"My personal point of view is that I would find it a hell of a lot more palatable than a shared stadium."
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Mon Feb 07, 2005 4:53 pm

wat do ya think ?

http://icliverpool.icnetwork.co.uk/0500liv....ge.html

We'd turn down £50m for Stevie Feb 7 2005

By Chris Bascombe, Liverpool Echo

LIVERPOOL chief executive Rick Parry insists no amount of money will force the club to sell skipper Steven Gerrard.

But Parry admitted the Reds will be powerless to stand in Gerrard's way if he hands in a transfer request this summer.

Speculation surrounding Gerrard's future shows no sign of dying down as Chelsea are known to be preparing to revive their interest at the end of the season.

The Londoners were confident they had their man last June, despite having no official contact with Liverpool.

Liverpool made it clear last year even a world record transfer fee wouldn't prize their star player away.

Parry reiterated this today, but added if Gerrard told the club he wanted out, Liverpool would have to respect his decision.

"Steve is above money. He is the future of Liverpool," said Parry..

"It doesn't matter if it's £30m, £40m or £50m, we will not accept offers. But we are also realistic enough to know we can't keep Steven against his will.

"Our position is; we want Steven to stay but we are realistic enough to know that it is his decision that will be crucial.

"Any idea we are going to accept offers for Steven and then tell him 'by the way, we have decided to sell you' is not on the agenda. Steven knows my views and Rafa's views.

"We crave success as much as he does. We know he is ambitious and nobody can argue with that.

"There are a lot of other players who feel the same, so we all have a common aim."

Liverpool have ended a trial for Luton goalkeeper Dean Brill. Rafa Benitez has cooled his interest in the player.

Luis Garcia's fifth booking of the season means he's suspended for next weekend's trip to Birmingham.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SteveGInDaHouse » Mon Feb 07, 2005 4:56 pm

I'm  sooo in LOVE with Steve Gerrard!!!!!!!!!!!!  :blush:
Attachments

[The extension has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

SteveGInDaHouse

Postby stmichael » Mon Feb 07, 2005 5:01 pm

SteveGInDaHouse wrote:I'm  sooo in LOVE with Steve Gerrard!!!!!!!!!!!!  :blush:

hi dom :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby anfieldadorer » Mon Feb 07, 2005 6:58 pm

Gerrard's decision what matters - Parry

Liverpool chief executive Rick Parry has admitted the Reds will be powerless to keep Steven Gerrard if the midfielder decides he wants to leave Anfield.

Gerrard has been constantly linked with a move away from Anfield with Chelsea expected to launch a £30million offer in the summer and Parry acknowledges that while the club will do their utmost to retain the England international, the final decision will be down to the player himself.

"Maybe there will be an offer in the summer. Maybe there won't," he told BBC Radio Five.

"Our position is we want Steven to stay but we are realistic enough and have enough respect for Steven - and he has enough respect for us - to know it is his decision that will be crucial.

"You are not going to keep a player like Steven against his will.

"That just doesn't work but any idea we are going to accept offers for Steven and then tell him 'by the way, we have decided to sell you' is not on the agenda. You can forget that."

The Anfield supremo is aware he can only do so much to hold on to his prize asset but insists not even an offer of £50million would be enough to tempt the club to sell.

He said: "Steve is above money. He is the future of Liverpool.

"It doesn't matter if it's £30million, £40million or £50million, we will not accept offers.

"But we are also realistic enough to know we can't keep Steven against his will."
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Mon Feb 07, 2005 7:00 pm

Sounds a bit like Bill Kenwright there if you ask me on the days before Rooney was leaving, breaking it to us gently I suppose. :glare:
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mistyred » Tue Feb 08, 2005 12:50 am

Lynds your right Parry is just buttering things up nively for when Steven goes, Anyway this is maybe what LFC needs first Mikey now Steven if that's not a major kick up the a$$ then i don't know what is.
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Tue Feb 08, 2005 11:05 am

the latest odds on steven gerrard leaving liverpool are with william hills.
Will he be at liverpool at the start of next season?
yes - evens
no - 8/11

now for those of you that dont know much about betting, this means that it is more likely that he will leave than stay, according to the bookies.
Now bookmakers do get things wrong, but quite often they have a finger on the pulse so who knows.
Personally i dont think it matetrs what anyone thinks apart from stevie himself but thought id just give u the latest info from the betting world
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion