Steven gerrard owen has to come

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby RichardLFC1 » Sun Mar 12, 2006 1:59 pm

Watching ssn An Interview With gerrard saying "owen must come back at any cost, we need a poacher and thats what he is im doing everything in my power to make this happen"

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

Postby tubby » Sun Mar 12, 2006 2:06 pm

Defoe!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby puroresu » Sun Mar 12, 2006 2:24 pm

Since when do players decide a clubs transfer policy?
puroresu

Postby RichardLFC1 » Sun Mar 12, 2006 2:49 pm

puroresu wrote:Since when do players decide a clubs transfer policy?

when he knows whats right for the club and nothings been done bout it

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

Postby dawson99 » Sun Mar 12, 2006 2:50 pm

im not sure owen is right... hed be a great buy tho and i proven in the league but the price is jus an embarressment to the club
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redmikey » Sun Mar 12, 2006 2:56 pm

Stevie just wants the best for the club, and owen is it.

Yet i don't think rafa will be pessured by a player and he won't have his pants pulled down on the price.

I am a big owen fan and would love to see him play in red again, and it would be nice to see all the owen haters on here eat there word as the goals pour in,

micheal owen scores a goal hallelujah
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby zarababe » Sun Mar 12, 2006 2:57 pm

Well when he signed for the 'barcodes' rumours of a clause in his contract, enabling him to leave for around £10m were angrily rubbished by Freddie 'got me whole clan round to make Owen sign' Shephard.

Gerrard - 'best mates with Owen' may well be in the know about tsuch a clause and well.. lets see.
Last edited by zarababe on Sun Mar 12, 2006 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RichardLFC1 » Sun Mar 12, 2006 3:02 pm

Could of got him at the start of the season for £17million that may sound extravagent but Owen will of scored goals which WOULD of put us higher in the tables and stay in europe

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

Postby red37 » Sun Mar 12, 2006 3:03 pm

dawson99 wrote:im not sure owen is right... hed be a great buy tho and i proven in the league but the price is jus an embarressment to the club

i feel the same... dont get me wrong i think he would be an excellent re-aquisition but at some price. and still, injury prone?

there may not be many better finishers out there. but there sure as hell are interesting options.

i refer to bellamy,defoe,keane,kujit ronaldo? et al...

personally if owen is going to cost 10 million plus, id rather get kujit for the same or even less? from what ive seen of him anyway. owen we KNOW what he brings (and respect to him) but most of this last season concerning MO has centred unashamedly on england and the world cup. and the chances NUFC would be able to offer him to achieve that aim. mind you....im sure that had we beat newcastle to get owen, we wouldnt have been in half as much stress as we are now.

get owen yes, but at the right price. and IF he's fit.
the options however are more attractive. imo

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby redmikey » Sun Mar 12, 2006 3:04 pm

owen must have put some clause in as he didn't want to go there but really didn't want to stay at real?

swap deal with cissie anyone plus how much cash and traore and nando
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sun Mar 12, 2006 3:21 pm

How many Owen threads are there? Was there any need to start yet another one?
115-1073096938

Postby Big Niall » Sun Mar 12, 2006 3:31 pm

pride comes before a fall!

We don't have one decent forward. We need a centre forward who is a proven premiership goalscorer. Foreign leagues are too risky.

Talk of Robbie Keane or others is a joke, they are not in Owens class. Owen will always miss 2-3 months of a season with injuries but will bang in goals the rest of the season. We'd be in Europe and much closer to Chelsea if he was here.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sun Mar 12, 2006 3:33 pm

Big Niall wrote:pride comes before a fall!

We don't have one decent forward. We need a centre forward who is a proven premiership goalscorer. Foreign leagues are too risky.

Talk of Robbie Keane or others is a joke, they are not in Owens class. Owen will always miss 2-3 months of a season with injuries but will bang in goals the rest of the season. We'd be in Europe and much closer to Chelsea if he was here.

Keane's not in Owen's class. Correct, that doesn't make him a bad player though.

He's different to Owen.

If we signed Keane I wouldn't complain. Who would you rather see? Keane or Morientes or Sissy?

No contest.

Robbie Keane's a superb player.
115-1073096938

Postby RichardLFC1 » Sun Mar 12, 2006 4:00 pm

Big Niall wrote:pride comes before a fall!

100% correct  :buttrock

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

Postby tubby » Sun Mar 12, 2006 4:09 pm

There are rumors that Owen has a clause in his contract allowing him to go for 11 Mil at the end of this season or 8Mil at the end of next. If this is true then I could see Rafa going for Owen as 11Mil and 17Mil quite different figures. However if these rumors are not true then I seriously doubt Freddy Sheaperd will allow him to leave for less than £15Mil. He would look like  aright :censored: and proabably have to resign so I wouldnt get all excited about Owen just yet. I would concntrate more on Defoe first.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion