Steven gerrard owen has to come

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Sun Mar 12, 2006 4:10 pm

For me there is too much water under the bridge. It still infuriates me the way he tried to shaft us. Every time I think about it makes me happy to think he will rot at Newcastle. But saying that, football is a fickle game and if he came back and was a success I’m sure we would all soon forget.

But putting all that to one side I still think it wouldn’t be value for money. Despite his obvious quality he carries a lot of negative points. I don’t believe there is any clause in his contract, so we would have to pay a large fee (probably 15mil+), silly wages (probably 70,000k+ a week), and considering the fact that he spends a lot of time injured I don’t think it is the best deal for us.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Sun Mar 12, 2006 4:54 pm

Cool Hand Luke wrote:For me there is too much water under the bridge. It still infuriates me the way he tried to shaft us. Every time I think about it makes me happy to think he will rot at Newcastle. But saying that, football is a fickle game and if he came back and was a success I’m sure we would all soon forget.

But putting all that to one side I still think it wouldn’t be value for money. Despite his obvious quality he carries a lot of negative points. I don’t believe there is any clause in his contract, so we would have to pay a large fee (probably 15mil+), silly wages (probably 70,000k+ a week), and considering the fact that he spends a lot of time injured I don’t think it is the best deal for us.

spot on CHL and i think thats the root of the opinion with those who are sceptical about him. the fact that however good he is, or at least the goals he would bring....

there is that (nagging) feeling owen is in it for reasons other than the sole priority of the club. if he is to return, then obviously he must be backed. but it would be bittersweet for me.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby GerrardisKing » Sun Mar 12, 2006 8:09 pm

I would love to see owen back there`s not many other strikers you can rely on to score on a regular basis,maybe defoe but foreign players just to much of a risk as its proved to are cost.
GerrardisKing

Postby red pride » Sun Mar 12, 2006 8:42 pm

i would have payed 18m for him better value than 8m for crouch but thats just my veiw.
red pride

Postby RAGE UK » Sun Mar 12, 2006 9:18 pm

sorry to say this but do we realy need 2 hasbeen liverpool strikers back in the side i think not.
it had been said that fowlers return was only a crowd pleaser ??????.
i have got respect for owen and fowler but i dont think we need un for next season.
we need a young fresh fighters.we want a player that is going to grow with us like gerrard .
owen was not playing his best for us befor he left what makes gerrard think he will play any better .
sorry lads  lets go fowards Not backwords .
.........................................> RAGE UK <........................................................................
LIVERPOOL FC    ….> NOW THAT’S ENTERTAINMENT <…
RAGE UK

Postby primodua » Mon Mar 13, 2006 7:41 am

i don't give a flying f.uck as to whom we are getting next season as long he can score!

eat liverpool, drink liverpool, sleep liverpool
primodua

Postby RAGE UK » Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:46 pm

Forget owen comeing back he has said he is happy with the toons in black and white .
look in the sky sports website there is a pice on there about it .
www.skysports.com .
well i think its good news for us anyway we dont need him back to be injured half the season and have to be raped in cotton wool again by us .
at least the men with the money can look for a better striker with out the haze of a posable return from owen.
bye for now.

.......................................> RAGE UK<......................................................................
RAGE UK

Postby crazyhorse » Wed Mar 15, 2006 7:09 pm

I do not think that MO coming back is likely, but i think he would do well if he came back.

sounds a bit sacriligeous - but Van Nistelroy is unsettled at Manure, we could get him, for about 5 mill imo and he has a lot of goals left in him.
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adamnbarrett » Wed Mar 15, 2006 7:11 pm

well i think its good news for us anyway we dont need him back to be injured half the season and have to be raped in cotton wool again by us .

:D
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby weringo » Wed Mar 15, 2006 7:17 pm

crazyhorse wrote:I do not think that MO coming back is likely, but i think he would do well if he came back.

sounds a bit sacriligeous - but Van Nistelroy is unsettled at Manure, we could get him, for about 5 mill imo and he has a lot of goals left in him.

RVN would not come to us because he is a glory hunter, he joined manure because they were one of the best teams in the world at the time and now they are on the decline he wants to join one the current best teams in the world-no disrespect to us but he would probably rather join Barcelona or a team like that
weringo
LFC Super Member

Postby madred » Wed Mar 15, 2006 7:51 pm

Rage Owen is bound to say he's happy at Newcastle but if the chance came about to sign for Liverpool do you think he would turn it down? The lad looked as sick as fook when he came back to Anfield and i do believe like i said in another topic that Owen, like Fowler, will play again for this club. As for calling him a has been? I think the timing was wrong for him to return to Liverpool because the board were not gonna be held to ransom by Real. As for some people who thought he screwed us the problem was created by Houllier.
madred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Thu Mar 16, 2006 12:16 am

As far as I know he can leave for £12 million at the end of the season, as has been widely reported but denied by Newcastle.  It's 100% true.  Newcastle want/have/need to know what his intentions are in the next two to three weeks.

Personal problems (use your brains, I'm not spelling it out) are dictating that he wants to return to the North West.  At this moment in time, as far as I know, only representatives from Arsenal and Manchester United have been in touch with his agent.  If it means he is closer to his family, and nobody else comes in for him, he will go to Manchester United, don't think he wont, he will not torpedo his career just to appease Liverpool fans, and nor should he really.  It's clear where his loyalties lie but at the end of the day, as rich as he is, he still has to make a living as a professional footballer.

He could end up at Arsenal but he's more of a country bloke and the fast paced city would not suit him.  With Henry and Van Nistelrooy's futures up in the air though anything could happen.

We haven't even been in for him as of yet.  However, I'm led to believe we are notorious for leaving negotiations to the last minute for some stupid reason and if we offered him even as much as £20,000 a week less at the last minute, just to come back to us, he would sign for us.

Having said that, a week ago, I was told that he has given Newcastle United his word that he will give them another season at least so I don't know what to believe.

The ball is probably in our court but we're not shifting our arses yet.  Liverpool are probably being catious, can't blame us as far as Owen is concerned, as much as I want him back at Anfield, once bitten twice shy.

Just my thoughts on the situation from what I've heard of course...... I hear a lot about this player and I'm loathe to put it on these message boards but I don't think I've given too much away here.
jonnymac1979

Postby RAGE UK » Thu Mar 16, 2006 3:46 am

madred wrote:Rage Owen is bound to say he's happy at Newcastle but if the chance came about to sign for Liverpool do you think he would turn it down? The lad looked as sick as fook when he came back to Anfield and i do believe like i said in another topic that Owen, like Fowler, will play again for this club. As for calling him a has been? I think the timing was wrong for him to return to Liverpool because the board were not gonna be held to ransom by Real. As for some people who thought he screwed us the problem was created by Houllier.

YEP FAIR COMMENT M8 .
I just dont think he would do it for us m8 .
ok i should not have said he is a has been your right there
but its the way i see it now .

..............................> RAGE UK <...................................
RAGE UK

Postby GLB1 » Thu Mar 16, 2006 7:25 am

stu_the_red wrote:How many Owen threads are there? Was there any need to start yet another one?

A bit like how many Fowler threads too hey Stu...
GLB1

Postby el_stinger » Thu Mar 16, 2006 8:17 am

Im gonna get slated here, but I get this feeling that Owen will join Man Ure. And as bold as Rafa is, I think he'll make a bid for HorseFace.
Last edited by el_stinger on Thu Mar 16, 2006 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion