Steven gerrard - Box to box central midfielder

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Igor Zidane » Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:47 pm

maypaxvobiscum wrote:
Igor Zidane wrote:
Fo Dne wrote:
MASTER wrote:So the guy who gets paid to get results decides to make a substitution which indirectly wins the match, gives a perfectly plausible explanation (agree or not) and gets critisized by the clubs fans?

Unbelievable if Jose does it he's a genius, if Big Phil does it he's a genius, if SAF does it he's a genius, if RAFA does it he's an idiot.

So what was the excuse at reading for taking Gerrard and Torres off?

What a rediculous post that is you silly little child.

His excuse was , that he thought the game was lost and we were about to play marsielle in the next game . A game if we lost he was about to be sacked . So he was thinking of the marsielle game and getting through to the knockout stages and keeping his job ,the selfish tw@t.

Should have been a saecasm smilie in there somewhere :;):

yeah right  :D

What do you really think ,that i think he's a selfish tw@t ? :no
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:01 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:
maypaxvobiscum wrote:
Igor Zidane wrote:
Fo Dne wrote:
MASTER wrote:So the guy who gets paid to get results decides to make a substitution which indirectly wins the match, gives a perfectly plausible explanation (agree or not) and gets critisized by the clubs fans?

Unbelievable if Jose does it he's a genius, if Big Phil does it he's a genius, if SAF does it he's a genius, if RAFA does it he's an idiot.

So what was the excuse at reading for taking Gerrard and Torres off?

What a rediculous post that is you silly little child.

His excuse was , that he thought the game was lost and we were about to play marsielle in the next game . A game if we lost he was about to be sacked . So he was thinking of the marsielle game and getting through to the knockout stages and keeping his job ,the selfish tw@t.

Should have been a saecasm smilie in there somewhere :;):

yeah right  :D

What do you really think ,that i think he's a selfish tw@t ? :no

i really hope you dont. Rafa baffles me but he's a good man.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby stmichael » Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:44 am

this is more like what i want to be hearing from the liverpool skipper in terms of where he's playing. i've given him stick in the past for trying to dictate to the manager where he's best utilised so i'll give him credit where it's due this time around.

Gerrard happy with his role Andy Hunter The Guardian, Friday September 26 2008

Steven Gerrard says he has no qualms about being played out of his favoured position at Liverpool and that his game has improved enormously thanks to the exacting standards of Rafael Benítez.

It was only this month that the Liverpool captain revealed his concerns at being taken out of central midfield by both club and country, while he initially struggled to adapt to Benítez's detached managerial style following the Spaniard's arrival from Valencia. Now the England international credits Benítez's methods with a major influence on his career and claims to be "comfortable" with playing in a variety of roles at Anfield.

"I'd prefer to have a manager like Rafa who will tell me where I'm going wrong and where I need to readjust slightly," said Gerrard. "I feel since he's come in here my game has come on in leaps and bounds - he's certainly improved me as a player. OK, he has played me in different positions. But I feel a lot more comfortable now in that I can play almost anywhere on the pitch.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2008/sep/26/liverpool.premierleague

Now go and score your 100th goal for the club tomorrow stevie.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby metalhead » Sat Sep 27, 2008 2:48 pm

What a game he had today gerrard!
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Sat Sep 27, 2008 2:59 pm

metalhead wrote:What a game he had today gerrard!

Agreed, mate, Gerrard was fantastic today.  He controlled the tempo well, passed effectively, drove forward with menace and tracked back superbly.  I think he played a very smart game too and didn'y get too swept up by the usual derby blood and thunder.  His excitement at the end was a picture!  :bowdown
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Zidane » Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:12 pm

who said he can't play central, awesome game he had today.
Zidane

Postby metalhead » Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:13 pm

Zidane wrote:who said he can't play central, awesome game he had today.

I dont think anyone said he cant play centrally lol, he played as a box to box today.

fantastic from the captain.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Zidane » Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:36 pm

metalhead wrote:

I dont think anyone said he cant play centrally lol, he played as a box to box today.

Well I think i've read here people criticize him for wandering too much wherever he plays and not controlling the game when he's in mid.  I think it was here could be mistaken >.>;
Zidane

Postby metalhead » Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:54 pm

Zidane wrote:
metalhead wrote:

Well I think i've read here people criticize him for wandering too much wherever he plays and not controlling the game when he's in mid.  I think it was here could be mistaken >.>;

some people say that he shouldnt play behind torres, because of what you say.

he should play more centerally.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sat Sep 27, 2008 4:05 pm

Certainly played a very disciplined game today, stayed back when he should, went forward when he had the chance. Top performance by our captain.
account deleted by request

Postby metalhead » Sat Sep 27, 2008 4:08 pm

s@int wrote:Certainly played a very disciplined game today, stayed back when he should, went forward when he had the chance. Top performance by our captain.

Actually, John Barnes, who was a guest on showtime sports said today that Gerrard should play a more disciplned game today, and he did.

happy for him.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Sat Sep 27, 2008 4:19 pm

Bad Bob wrote:
metalhead wrote:What a game he had today gerrard!

Agreed, mate, Gerrard was fantastic today.  He controlled the tempo well, passed effectively, drove forward with menace and tracked back superbly.  I think he played a very smart game too and didn'y get too swept up by the usual derby blood and thunder.  His excitement at the end was a picture!  :bowdown

yeah, good job he didn't show that passion too much during the game like last time, eh?

:;):

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sat Sep 27, 2008 4:25 pm

I think Gerrard usually tries to show how "tough" he is in derby matches by going into too many tackles both when he has the ball and when they have the ball. Today he played smart, passed the ball early avoiding having to resist tackles when he had the ball, and just made the tackles he needed to make when they had the ball.

I think he was helped by having good runners to left and right creating space for him as well.
account deleted by request

Postby Number 9 » Sat Sep 27, 2008 4:30 pm

s@int wrote:I think Gerrard usually tries to show how "tough" he is in derby matches by going into too many tackles both when he has the ball and when they have the ball. Today he played smart, passed the ball early avoiding having to resist tackles when he had the ball, and just made the tackles he needed to make when they had the ball.

I think he was helped by having good runners to left and right creating space for him as well.

Agreed!! :nod
He showed maturity today and played a great but sensible game
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:24 pm

s@int wrote:I think Gerrard usually tries to show how "tough" he is in derby matches by going into too many tackles both when he has the ball and when they have the ball. Today he played smart, passed the ball early avoiding having to resist tackles when he had the ball, and just made the tackles he needed to make when they had the ball.

Spot on , he kept his emotions aside today and he was sensational both on and off the ball .
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion