Steven gerrard - Box to box central midfielder

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby MASTER » Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:47 am

Rafa's problem always has been and always will be his habitual nature to not trust players who stand out , those who do something other than play like a robot: as these transfer dealings prove:
He sold Murphy, then bought Alonso
Sells Owen, buys Morientes
Sells Cisse, Then buys Kuyt and Bellamy
Buys Torres not Eto'o
Sells Sissoko, then tries to get Barry

Plus he never let Masherano and Gerrard develop properly.

And he keeps picking Kuyt in big games.

and finally against taggart he will defend and most likely we will lose 1-0, as has happened the last 2 years.
MASTER

Postby GYBS » Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:57 am

MASTER wrote:Rafa's problem always has been and always will be his habitual nature to not trust players who stand out , those who do something other than play like a robot: as these transfer dealings prove:
Buys Torres not Eto'o

and finally against taggart he will defend and most likely we will lose 1-0, as has happened the last 2 years.

Sold Murphy and got Xabi cause Xabi is a better player.

Owen he had no choice but to sell cause they guy wanted to go and i pretty much think everyone wanted Morientes - he just didnt work out.

Cisse was not intellgent enough to play for us - guy was permantly offside.

Are you seriously questioning getting torres as opposed to etoo and calling torres a robot ???

He sold sissoko cause he wasnt good enough and got masher instead.

Last season masher and gerrard developed very well and this season they have played how many games together ??
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lurd » Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:06 am

Think that sums it up pretty well Phil......!

Don't think rafa's transfer history should be questioned, every manager buys player that dont wotk out..

fergie bought jemba Jemba, Veron & Taibie to name a few...!

In Rafa we trust!
lurd

Postby andy_g » Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:19 am

MASTER wrote:Sells Cisse, Then buys Kuyt and Bellamy

ha ha! yeah, thats right. he got bellamy because he just that kind of player who will do exactly what he's told to do.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. 08 » Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:30 am

We have had no problems beating Arsenal at Anfield under Benitez (in the league.)

We beat them 2-1 in 2004/2005, goal-scorers were Neil Mellor and Xabi Alonso.

We beat them the following year 1-0, Luis Garcia scored six minutes from time.

We beat them 4-1 in 2006/2007, Crouch scored three and Agger scored one as well.

We played 1-1 both home and away against Arsenal last season, and that was the first time that either side have gotten a point at each others ground in a while.

The problem has been beating Chelsea and United at home. Under Benitez we have beaten Chelsea once, drawn once with both Chelsea and United at ANfield.

In general the record is very poor against those two sides.
A.B. 08

Postby Bad Bob » Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:39 am

MASTER wrote:Rafa's problem always has been and always will be his habitual nature to not trust players who stand out , those who do something other than play like a robot: as these transfer dealings prove:
Buys Torres not Eto'o

Fee Fi Fo Fum I get the whiff of another WUM.  :glare:
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby metalhead » Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:22 pm

MASTER wrote:Buys Torres not Eto'o

???  :glare:  ???  :glare:  ???
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fo Dne » Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:23 pm

bigmick wrote:That's right Mick, the screamer of a goal. Fair play course he did. I think we've also beaten Arsenal just the once too, that was the Neil Mellor dying seconds screamer at Anfield. I might be wrong on that one as well as I'm only going from memory, but if I am right that'd make it two wins in twenty four matches against other "big four" teams during Rafa's tenure so far.

I suppose it all depends on what you call "hugely successful", but I'd set the standards for such praise a wee bit higher than that tbh.

Arsenal twice 4-1 when Gallas and Toure couldn't be arsed turning up and Mellor's screamer.

Chelsea once 2-0 when they had no centre backs and the goalkeeper was coming back from the kick in the head he received.

Great record. Really is. 3 wins against top clubs in the league out of 4 seasons. Brilliant.
Fo Dne
LFC Super Member

Postby metalhead » Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:27 pm

Arsenal 3 times Stu, don't forget Luis Garcia's goal.

FACT- we were never beaten at home in the league against Arsenal under Rafa.

We just have a poor record against Chelsea and Mancs and we need to change that
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:40 pm

Fo Dne wrote:
bigmick wrote:That's right Mick, the screamer of a goal. Fair play course he did. I think we've also beaten Arsenal just the once too, that was the Neil Mellor dying seconds screamer at Anfield. I might be wrong on that one as well as I'm only going from memory, but if I am right that'd make it two wins in twenty four matches against other "big four" teams during Rafa's tenure so far.

I suppose it all depends on what you call "hugely successful", but I'd set the standards for such praise a wee bit higher than that tbh.

Arsenal twice 4-1 when Gallas and Toure couldn't be arsed turning up and Mellor's screamer.

Chelsea once 2-0 when they had no centre backs and the goalkeeper was coming back from the kick in the head he received.

Great record. Really is. 3 wins against top clubs in the league out of 4 seasons. Brilliant.

arsenal three times when garcia scored . arsenal beaten us once and we drew all the others . the mancs have the best record against the top four then chelsea then us . arsenals isnt great as well .and chelseas is just marginally better than ours - its only the mancs who are way ahead
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:49 pm

our Record UNDER RAFA -   mancs PLAYED 8  WON 0      DRAWN 1        LOST 7
                                  ARSENAL PLAYED 8  WON 3      DRAWN 2        LOST 3
                                  CHELSEA PLAYED 8  WON 1      DRAWN 2        LOST 5

Thats 17 points out of a possible 72, Relegation form!
Last edited by account deleted by request on Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
account deleted by request

Postby metalhead » Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:56 pm

s@int wrote:our Record UNDER RAFA -   mancs PLAYED 8  WON 0      DRAWN 1        LOST 7

We are even with the @rse, its because they also had some problems and we finished above them twice in the league. Its Chelsea and Mancs we need to fix our record against.

Why are we talking about results in a steven gerrard topic? :D
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:00 pm

Don't ask me mate, I just go with the flow :D
account deleted by request

Postby Number 9 » Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:05 pm

s@int wrote:our Record UNDER RAFA -   mancs PLAYED 8  WON 0      DRAWN 1        LOST 7

That looks awful! :(
They are all history now though and nothing can be done!
Surely going by the laws of probability we will beat them on Saturday?  :D
If we do their next game is Chelsea,if Chelsea beat them and we win our next game we can be 6 clear of UTD!
Im praying we can win,I cant imagine what Rafa will be getting called on here if we dont with the way things have been lately
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby heimdall » Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:25 pm

Number 9 wrote:

That looks awful! :(
They are all history now though and nothing can be done!
Surely going by the laws of probability we will beat them on Saturday?  :D
If we do their next game is Chelsea,if Chelsea beat them and we win our next game we can be 6 clear of UTD!
Im praying we can win,I cant imagine what Rafa will be getting called on here if we dont with the way things have been lately

As long as Rafa doesn't do some crazy insane selection thing like starting Kuyt up front on his own with keane playing right back I won't be having too much of a pop at Rafa. This will be a very hard game and I'll be happy to get a draw and absolutely fecking over the moon with a win.
heimdall

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion