Steven gerrard - Box to box central midfielder

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby MASTER » Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:52 pm

Not been around for a while but just scrolling through the topic felt you missed a few well chosen words with no insults.

1) Steven Gerrard is just starting his 10th season as a regular in the Liverpool squad but 2 very long serving and respected Club Coaches have sought to reduce the effect of his natural game.

2) When Sven was in charge of england he asked Steven Gerrard to play a more disciplined type of game instead of giving him Lampards role and bringing in one of his favourite players Owen Hargreaves, this I believe showed doubts about Steven Gerrards ability to play a central role in England trying to win vital games.

3) When Sven left England he said "Rooney is your best player, do not kill him", so why even after Gerrards second supershow final in 2 years did he not say Gerrad is your best player?

4) people point to his ability to drag us out of holes and he should be "Box-To-Box" alongside a more creative player, but these same people forget he played there for 9 months with either Hamann or Alonso in 2004-2005 and we came 5th in the league with I think 18 wins?, we had results like this one:-news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/4177037.stm
in the last 5 months of the season, so much for the league is all that matters in Liverpool.

5) Then we have Rafa's transfer dealings for CM, when he arrived already at the club were Gerrard, Biscan, Murphy, Diao and Hamann. He flogged Murphy and diao straight away Biscan saw out his contract and he brought in Alonso (2004), Sissoko (2005), Mascherano, Lucas and Plessis in (2007) and he tried as we all know to get Gareth Barry for a vastly increased valuation (2008) so much for undoubted ability?

6) Then we have "Don Fabio" last friendly before a vital pair of qualifiers he plays Gerrard wide left, still not convinced?

7) And finally great players adapt to the situation, (Pele, Bobby Charlton, George Best, Maradona, Beckenbauer, Platini, Ronaldinho, Zola, Zidane , even Roy Keane)

Just think about it there might just be reasons for his Non- Deployment in CM

PS: I DO think he is a very good player just I have compared him to other players in the history of the game.
But while I do not yhink he is a genuine Central Midfielder he can play as part of a Narrow three in the middle: Barry, Mascherano and Gerrard would be fine.
MASTER

Postby GYBS » Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:55 pm

would reply to the post but cant read it as its in bright fecking yellow  :upside:
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:57 pm

That's the worst font I've ever not read in my life.
LFC2007

Postby Sabre » Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:05 pm

LFC2007 wrote:That's the worst font I've ever not read in my life.

I tried to read it, and now I have my eye balls melting
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:59 pm

MASTER wrote:Not been around for a while but just scrolling through the topic felt you missed a few well chosen words with no insults.

1) Steven Gerrard is just starting his 10th season as a regular in the Liverpool squad but 2 very long serving and respected Club Coaches have sought to reduce the effect of his natural game.

2) When Sven was in charge of england he asked Steven Gerrard to play a more disciplined type of game instead of giving him Lampards role and bringing in one of his favourite players Owen Hargreaves, this I believe showed doubts about Steven Gerrards ability to play a central role in England trying to win vital games.

3) When Sven left England he said "Rooney is your best player, do not kill him", so why even after Gerrards second supershow final in 2 years did he not say Gerrad is your best player?

4) people point to his ability to drag us out of holes and he should be "Box-To-Box" alongside a more creative player, but these same people forget he played there for 9 months with either Hamann or Alonso in 2004-2005 and we came 5th in the league with I think 18 wins?, we had results like this one:-news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/4177037.stm
in the last 5 months of the season, so much for the league is all that matters in Liverpool.

5) Then we have Rafa's transfer dealings for CM, when he arrived already at the club were Gerrard, Biscan, Murphy, Diao and Hamann. He flogged Murphy and diao straight away Biscan saw out his contract and he brought in Alonso (2004), Sissoko (2005), Mascherano, Lucas and Plessis in (2007) and he tried as we all know to get Gareth Barry for a vastly increased valuation (2008) so much for undoubted ability?

6) Then we have "Don Fabio" last friendly before a vital pair of qualifiers he plays Gerrard wide left, still not convinced?

7) And finally great players adapt to the situation, (Pele, Bobby Charlton, George Best, Maradona, Beckenbauer, Platini, Ronaldinho, Zola, Zidane , even Roy Keane)

PS: I DO think he is a very good player just I have compared him to other players in the history of the game.
But while I do not yhink he is a genuine Central Midfielder he can play as part of a Narrow three in the middle: Barry, Mascherano and Gerrard would be fine.

Brutal font...sort it out, mate.  It's more legible when you quote it! :D
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby maguskwt » Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:32 pm

Bad Bob wrote:Not been around for a while but just scrolling through the topic felt you missed a few well chosen words with no insults.

so what exactly are you saying?  :cool:

oh yeah and trust sven's words and tactics...right... the manager who didn't achieve anything with the most talented england line up in probably decades...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:51 pm

LFC2007 wrote:That's the worst font I've ever not read in my life.

ever NOT read  :laugh:
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Bad Bob » Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:17 pm

maguskwt wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:Not been around for a while but just scrolling through the topic felt you missed a few well chosen words with no insults.

oh yeah and trust sven's words and tactics...right... the manager who didn't achieve anything with the most talented england line up in probably decades...

I believe I've been misquoted! :D
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby maguskwt » Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:05 pm

Bad Bob wrote:
maguskwt wrote:

I believe I've been misquoted! :D

:D ... yup it's suppose to be master's quote...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:15 pm

Master that was brilliant that mate, using that cheeky yellow font meant it was difficult reading...sorry cracking the code you were writing  :D

The fact that you are talking utter b'llocks should be forgiven for the little test you gave us all trying to read/decipher your post.
Last edited by Ace Ventura on Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby MASTER » Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:41 am

SORRY about that Evertonian stole my password and decided to prank you all,

Only found out after he E-mailed me to tell me but I replied to smooth things over.
I told him a groundshare involved equal spending when buying the stadium so he "Took his revenge on all LFC Fans" by slating the best player in the world[B][U]
MASTER

Postby Number 9 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:43 am

MASTER wrote:SORRY about that Evertonian stole my password and decided to prank you all,

Aye right!! :laugh:
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:32 am

aCe' wrote:
bigmick wrote:
stmichael wrote:not the hugely successful manager

Ah. It's probably in this bit where we disagree fundamentally Mick, and it's probably one we're going to have to agree to differ on.

hehe i still got no idea who the hugely successful manager hes talking about is ?!

To be honest I'm amazed by the lack of respect for a manager who's done a terrific job against the back drop of having a Chief Executive who consistently let's him down in terms of transfer targets, acclimatisation into the Premier League and more recently a takeover which has left him unsure about his own position.

Yes he's made mistakes, which is to be expected, but I'm only really going to judge Rafa on this season and hopefully the next as they are the ones where he's had the chance to really put his team and his squad out.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby GYBS » Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:07 pm

well said st michael
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:11 pm

we all make mistakes, the problem arises when someone doesn't learn from that mistake.

cue someone asking me to list all rafas mistakes then prove where he repeated them   :p
112-1077774096

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion