Stelios stays at bolton...  now what?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby rash » Fri Aug 26, 2005 2:19 pm

Updated: Aug. 26, 2005, 12:00 PM UK
Stelios commits to the Bolton cause

Bolton midfielder Stelios Giannakopoulos has signed a new three-year contract at the Reebok Stadium.

The new deal will end uncertainty over the Greece international's future after a bid from Manchester City and interest from Liverpool.

The 31-year-old, who helped Greece to Euro 2004 glory last year, joined Bolton from Olympiacos two years ago.

Bolton manager Sam Allardyce told the club's official website: 'We have been working hard behind the scenes to get this agreed and I'm delighted that we can put all the speculation behind us.

'Throughout, Stelios has been very professional and he can now look forward to playing his best football at Bolton.

'I was concerned earlier this week that we might have lost him but in the end he always wanted to stay loyal to me and the club. He is a terrific little player and a real match-winner.

'I hope we can move on now and try to add to the squad before the transfer window closes next week.'

------------------

so now what are our options??
rash

Postby is-stan-bul » Fri Aug 26, 2005 2:31 pm

rash wrote:Updated: Aug. 26, 2005, 12:00 PM UK
Stelios commits to the Bolton cause

Bolton midfielder Stelios Giannakopoulos has signed a new three-year contract at the Reebok Stadium.

The new deal will end uncertainty over the Greece international's future after a bid from Manchester City and interest from Liverpool.

The 31-year-old, who helped Greece to Euro 2004 glory last year, joined Bolton from Olympiacos two years ago.

Bolton manager Sam Allardyce told the club's official website: 'We have been working hard behind the scenes to get this agreed and I'm delighted that we can put all the speculation behind us.

'Throughout, Stelios has been very professional and he can now look forward to playing his best football at Bolton.

'I was concerned earlier this week that we might have lost him but in the end he always wanted to stay loyal to me and the club. He is a terrific little player and a real match-winner.

'I hope we can move on now and try to add to the squad before the transfer window closes next week.'

------------------

so now what are our options??

Best guess could be that rafa will turn to nol solano as a stop gap measure. there aren't many RW about at the moment that would appear to be available at the right price for rafa. Who knows maybe he'll P!ss everton off and nick van der meyde from them. :D
is-stan-bul

Postby Fernando Morientes > 19 < » Fri Aug 26, 2005 2:34 pm

Rafa has something in mind. It might also be another spanish. who knows ???
"He is the player that Liverpool have been looking for." - Ian Rush
Fernando Morientes > 19 <
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby MilitiaRusher » Fri Aug 26, 2005 2:42 pm

Resigning Antonio Nunez looks to be the most suitable solution.
MilitiaRusher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fernando Morientes > 19 < » Fri Aug 26, 2005 2:44 pm

MilitiaRusher wrote:Resigning Antonio Nunez looks to be the most suitable solution.

:D  :D  U must be joking Milita even Darren Potter will get the nod in ahead of him.
"He is the player that Liverpool have been looking for." - Ian Rush
Fernando Morientes > 19 <
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Fri Aug 26, 2005 2:45 pm

I wonder if the  solano interest is now dead
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby is-stan-bul » Fri Aug 26, 2005 2:47 pm

MilitiaRusher wrote:Resigning Antonio Nunez looks to be the most suitable solution.

Bloody hell, next you'll be saying lets re-sign Diuof lol!!!
to be fair to nunez he wasn't that bad but lets have some faith in rafa; he won't have put all of his eggs in the one basket and i'm confident that he'll have a back up plan; even if he has to pull some boots on and play himself  :D he'll get someone in.
is-stan-bul

Postby Ciggy » Fri Aug 26, 2005 2:57 pm

Solano is dying to come, but unless Cisse is going to Lyon and we get Guvou ???
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bbangbang » Fri Aug 26, 2005 4:13 pm

Heard kewell is back probably gonna play on the right
bbangbang

Postby *R*E*D*S* » Fri Aug 26, 2005 5:42 pm

i hope kewell gets a good run together...
YoU'll NeVeR WaLk aLoNe...
*R*E*D*S*

Postby BOODIDDY » Fri Aug 26, 2005 6:09 pm

sidney govou, dirk kuyt can also play there. Lets wait and see rafa might wait till january. Change the system and go 4-3-3. Garcia and moro with owen as the main man. I personally don't want him back but its gonna happen.
BOODIDDY
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby looprevil » Fri Aug 26, 2005 10:23 pm

We'll find another player.  Stelios is average at best and I don't think he would have been a good long term solution.
looprevil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rowens2 » Fri Aug 26, 2005 11:39 pm

Did anybody see Riquelme the other night against the blues noses, now there's a player from Spain that Rafa should be looking to bring in !!
Rowens2

Postby Alonso14 » Fri Aug 26, 2005 11:44 pm

i would like to see malbraque, but mayb it would be a idea to splash out on someone younger and with a huge talent. It could pay off.
Alonso14
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Magician » Sat Aug 27, 2005 12:05 am

Am just glad we didnt sign Stelios he is not good enough to wear our shirt
The Magician

Expect the Unexpected
The Magician

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion