Stats thread 2

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby red37 » Fri Nov 03, 2006 8:47 pm

the one-stop thread for all statto's and anoraks returns again to help keep everyone updated. this might save everyone trawling the net trying to find recent facts and figures on LFC and the other leagues (courtesy of the Racing post's Soccerbase via the Echo/Daily post website):

http://www.soccerbase.com/results2.sd?teamid=1563

another excellent resource:

http://www.resultsfromfootball.com/premierleague-seasons.html
Last edited by red37 on Mon Nov 06, 2006 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby redsfan1000 » Sat Nov 04, 2006 11:40 pm

Forgive me if this is the wrong place to post, but I've been racking my brains on this one:

Have Liverpool ever been in the bottom 3 of the premiership at any time of the season?
redsfan1000

Postby jonnymac1979 » Sun Nov 05, 2006 12:32 am

redsfan1000 wrote:Forgive me if this is the wrong place to post, but I've been racking my brains on this one:

Have Liverpool ever been in the bottom 3 of the premiership at any time of the season?

Fuckinhell, that's a good one that actually mate.  I certainly can't remember if we have, and it's something you're likely to remember I reckon, so I'm going to go for no on that one.  We've never had a typical slow start to the season where we'd be down there, although in 1992-93, I'm sure the Anfield or Goodison Derby that season was played while both Everton and Liverpool were in the bottom half of the table.  That's about as bad as it's ever been I reckon.

Premiership we're talking of course, although what that's got to do with anything I don't know.  It's only the Bible according to Sky Sports.  Fucking hate all the re-branding nonsense that's made us no longer the most successful club.  Apparently Manchester United have won it more times than ANYONE according to the Sky Sports demographic soccer fan and Blackburn Rovers are even more successful than Liverpool.  Only going back to 1992 of course.  It's all b*ll*c*ks this Premiership stuff.

Only won ONE Champions League have we?  No Premier Leagues have we?  Let's get it fucking right......
jonnymac1979

Postby weringo » Sun Nov 05, 2006 12:48 am

jonnymac1979 wrote:
redsfan1000 wrote:Forgive me if this is the wrong place to post, but I've been racking my brains on this one:

Premiership we're talking of course, although what that's got to do with anything I don't know.  It's only the Bible according to Sky Sports.  Fucking hate all the re-branding nonsense that's made us no longer the most successful club.  Apparently Manchester United have won it more times than ANYONE according to the Sky Sports demographic soccer fan and Blackburn Rovers are even more successful than Liverpool.  Only going back to 1992 of course.  It's all b*ll*c*ks this Premiership stuff.

Only won ONE Champions League have we?  No Premier Leagues have we?  Let's get it fucking right......

I know what you mean, I hate those Sky twats especially that old bald faggot Andy Gray. Soon they'll be saying Liverpool have won no Carling Cups and Manchester United have won one. Its the same damn cup ffs, just a different name.

Football was invented in 1992 according to Sky

Edit: Btw Im getting Sky installed on Monday  :D
weringo
LFC Super Member

Postby Mikz » Sun Nov 05, 2006 1:48 am

Hope ya like advertisements brother.. :D
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Sun Nov 05, 2006 1:54 am

its proving difficult to track down a clear answer for redsfan1000's question...however these charts 'approximate' the relative positions of the other big 3 :glare: over this season compared to their performances over the preceding 3 campaigns: the positions are a bit vague. but the trends are readable.

ImageImage
ImageImage

comparatively....season 2004/05: again the top 4..

ImageImage
ImageImage

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby red37 » Sun Nov 05, 2006 4:22 am

ok redsfan1000. ive been having a look into your question about whether Liverpool have ever been in the bottom 3 during the course of a premiership season...heres the results, along with our lowest position in all the seasons to date, chronologically when they occurred. a somewhat pointless exercise really, but it does answer your query:

92/93: 26-Sep- H - Wimbledon  2-3  19th
93/94: 2-Oct - H -  Arsenal 0-0  13th
94/95: 24-Sep -A-  Newcastle 1-1 6th
95/96: 2-Dec - H-  Southampton 1-1 8th
96/97: 24-Aug -H -  Sunderland 0-0 7th
97/98: 23-Aug -A - Blackburn 1-1  15th
98/99: 13-Dec -A-  Wimbledon 1-0 12th
99/00: 21-Aug -A-  Middlesbrough 1-0 17th
00/01: 26-Aug -A - Southampton 3-3 11th
01/02: 8-Sep - H - Aston Villa 1-3 15th
02/03: 11-Jan- H-  Aston Villa 1-1  7th
03/04: 24-Aug -A-  Aston Villa 0-0 17th
04/05: 20-Sep -A-  Man Utd 2-1 12th
05/06: 24-Sep -A-  Birmingham 2-2 13th
06/07: 17-Sep -A-  Chelsea 1-0 14th
Last edited by red37 on Sun Nov 05, 2006 4:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby red37 » Mon Nov 06, 2006 4:49 pm

our next league fixtures up til new year:

12 Nov Arsenal   A *
18 Nov Middlesbrough  A
25 Nov Manchester City  H
29 Nov Portsmouth  H
02 Dec Wigan Athletic  A *
09 Dec Fulham  H
16 Dec Charlton Athletic  A
23 Dec Watford  H
26 Dec Blackburn Rovers  A *
30 Dec Tottenham Hotspur  A *
01 Jan  Bolton Wanderers  H

a couple of tough away encounters and perhaps one or two tricky home ties aside. this is a great chance to get a good head of steam up. out of the 33 points available above. id be expecting a return of at least 75% of them. we'll see.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby Sabre » Mon Nov 06, 2006 5:20 pm

I know what you mean, I hate those Sky :censored: especially that old bald faggot Andy Gray. Soon they'll be saying Liverpool have won no Carling Cups and Manchester United have won one. Its the same damn cup ffs, just a different name.

:O I knew there's some anti Liverpoolism in London, but this is too much. How can a serious tv channel, forget about so many years of football, just because an SPONSORSHIP took place in 1992?

FWIW, in SPain, the best english team with no discussion is Liverpool. Before, during, and after Rafalution.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Mon Nov 06, 2006 8:17 pm

Sabre wrote:
I know what you mean, I hate those Sky :censored: especially that old bald faggot Andy Gray. Soon they'll be saying Liverpool have won no Carling Cups and Manchester United have won one. Its the same damn cup ffs, just a different name.

:O I knew there's some anti Liverpoolism in London, but this is too much. How can a serious tv channel, forget about so many years of football, just because an SPONSORSHIP took place in 1992?

FWIW, in SPain, the best english team with no discussion is Liverpool. Before, during, and after Rafalution.

spain and the greater majority of the worlds people can decipher that much about footballing history: ordinary men in the street dont forget. but ultimately SKY hold the monopoly on the 'soapbox' of television broadcasting and what it decides to transmit to the masses is far from the whole story. preferring instead to implement a policy that seems to orientate around 'trend' or 'fashion' rather than heritage..and one that precludes any sense of fairness due to the instigation through itself and its 'dumbed down' ethic (mass media) and the willingness to be sucked in by, too many bandwagon jumpers to name...MUFC and recently CFC are two examples of how the 'system' works.

some people though remain (crucially, to their marketed audience) completely in awe of them..infact, both the written (largely) and visual media in general, expect the average 'consumer' to be of such low I.Q as to be completely irrelevant to its programming content (presenters?) anyway, or so it would seem. as long as there are enough fools out there...(and their are plenty, myself included) SKY will always warrant sufficient curiosity, to procure its objectives. 'money making'

basically SKY as a corporation equate to the 'big boss' level at the end of many a video game where, in order to progress to the next level, (ie wisdom through experience or sense of achievement for instance)...you must obliterate the 'behemoth' before you...or forever bow and scrape on bended knees to its fawning trumpet of ridicule. in other words you must continually fork out upwards of £50 sheets a month for the privilege of being...'enlightened and entertained' because our lives have become so boring..its second nature to sit infront of the 'box' and spend the greater part of an evening sounding like a cross between - 'Jim Royle and Victor Meldrew' - (the missus' words..!)

if it generates revenue: it gets 'primetime' precedence over anything of any real substance. forget the 'fan' they are treated to little other than contempt in regard to their levels of intellect or desire for knowledge. all that really matters to the blood-suckers is - £/$/Y/E etc.. not the chronicling of the truth or the championing of much prior to 1992. ESPN classic are there for that...

its a travesty that, in a technological age with so much scope for the satisfaction and edification of the human and his brain..there seems such an obligation to feed it with so much bullsh1t and idolatry. but hey, thats progress................ :glare:

anyway this thread is meant to be all about LFC stats..not SKY's viewing figures
Last edited by red37 on Mon Nov 06, 2006 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby weringo » Mon Nov 06, 2006 8:47 pm

Another reason to hate Sky: today they were supposed to come and install a minidish on my house but they brough the wrong bloody equipment, even though I told them they would need to attatch it around the chimney, I should get up there and do it myself ffs. Now I have to wait until next Monday!
weringo
LFC Super Member

Postby red37 » Tue Nov 14, 2006 3:06 pm

meaningless fact of the day: Liverpool have never beaten: Chelsea/Man utd/Arsenal -away from anfield in any one season both before and since the premierships inception  apparently.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby red37 » Thu Dec 14, 2006 6:50 am

A quick update of all things statistical reveals some interesting trivia:

WHO'S THE PREMIERSHIP'S TOP TACKLER?
Paul Eaton - official  lfc.tv

Liverpool midfielder Xabi Alonso has won the most tackles in the Premiership this season according to The Actim Index - the Official Player Ratings of the Barclays Premiership. 
With Rafael Benitez’s side missing the injured Momo Sissoko in the heart of the Reds midfield, Alonso has undertaken his new defensive duties with style, winning 70 tackles in 14 league appearances this season.

Ranked 72nd overall, the Spanish international has scored once, had eight shots on target, made 12 clearances, put in 14 crosses and successfully completed 342 passes.

Liverpool’s highest ranked player in the Actim Index is Steve Finnan in 19th spot.

The Republic of Ireland international has moved into the top 20 after helping the Reds to five consecutive clean sheets in the Premiership.

In 1,526 minutes of league action, Finnan has won 24 tackles, made five interceptions, eight clearances, three blocks, put in 44 crosses and successfully completed 253 passes.

The Actim Index ranks players using Actim Stats according to their performance, both by position and overall.

Analysis of all Premiership games will take place throughout the season and the Liverpool players in the Top 100 of the Actim Index so far are:

Steve Finnan (19th and 5th highest ranked defender)

Jose Reina (40th and 5th highest ranked goalkeeper)

Jamie Carragher (43rd and 14th highest ranked defender)

Steven Gerrard (55th and 15th highest ranked midfielder)

Dirk Kuyt (70th and 16th highest ranked striker)

Xabi Alonso (72nd and 19th highest ranked midfielder)

Daniel Agger (86th and 32nd highest ranked defender) 

you can view the top 100 (current up til two days ago) here:   some will be surprised to learn Steve Finnan is our best performer, while conversely Agger is considered to have the lowest Liverpool ranking... (who says stats dont lie) :D

http://download.howden.press.net/actim/PremOver_index_top100.pdf

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby account deleted by request » Thu Dec 14, 2006 7:00 am

Finnan had a shaky start to the season (which liverpool player didn't) but has become the consistantly excellent player of last season again over the last 4 or 5 games. Maybe Agger is so low because he hasn't played every game as Finnan has?

Reina's return to form coincided with my selling him from my fantasy league team. Coincidence? I think not! :D
account deleted by request

Postby The Manhattan Project » Thu Dec 14, 2006 7:09 am

Premiership we're talking of course, although what that's got to do with anything I don't know.  It's only the Bible according to Sky Sports.  :censored: hate all the re-branding nonsense that's made us no longer the most successful club.  Apparently Manchester United have won it more times than ANYONE according to the Sky Sports demographic soccer fan and Blackburn Rovers are even more successful than Liverpool.  Only going back to 1992 of course.  It's all :censored: this Premiership stuff.

Only won ONE Champions League have we?  No Premier Leagues have we?  Let's get it :censored: right......

Yes, I've heard Man Utd fans using this line of logic.

It's really nonsense.

The old Division 1 and Premiership are considered the same lineage.

As are the "European Cup" and the Champions League.

Other than format and names, there is no significant difference.

Just like the World Cup/Jules Rimet.

It may change names and format, but it's considered one line of champions.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion