Stand up! - Support your manager...

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby sgs » Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:23 pm

Yes folks, stand up!

Stand up for your Manager!

Whether you like his methods or not, stand up for Rafa Benitez!

Whether we win the title or not, I say Stand Up for your Manager who has laid it all on the line by opening a second field of battle, off the field.

For those who may not have realized it yet, its about the March date at Old Trafford, where we were mugged ruthlessly and shamelessly last season!

Folks need to collectively stand together and say- Never Again! Never again the double standards!

Our Manager is out there in the battle field of public opinion, bringing to the table top issues peeps would whisper about but not talk openly.

Clearly its not a matter for one press conference as we can all now see. IMO, its not a matter simply for the manager. By giving oxygen to these issues, there will be little hiding place for SAF or the likes of Steve Bennett for instance...

That is why we must stand by our Manager.

Stand Up for Rafa Benitez![B]
Floyd stepped left and threw the hook that caught Hatton flush under the chin. Finally, the British champ had arrived in that mythical place of which his fans speak: Hatton Wonderland.
sgs

Postby Effes » Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:26 pm

Do we stand up at our computers or what? ???
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby sgs » Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:27 pm

Effes wrote:Do we stand up at our computers or what? ???

wherever, whatever...Just do it!
Floyd stepped left and threw the hook that caught Hatton flush under the chin. Finally, the British champ had arrived in that mythical place of which his fans speak: Hatton Wonderland.
sgs

Postby Dundalk » Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:27 pm

Im a big supporter of Rafa and I want him to be Liverpool's manager for a long time but sometimes he would make you pull your hair out.

4-4-2  :idea
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby sgs » Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:30 pm

Dundalk wrote:Im a big supporter of Rafa and I want him to be Liverpool's manager for a long time but sometimes he would make you pull your hair out.

4-4-2  :idea

I could not agree more...If my TV could talk!!!!

BUT; the off field issues he has opened up on a crucial and we all need to stand up and support the man, that everyone may be clear that the man does not walk alone and cannot be simply dismissed by snide comments or paid hacks in the press!
sgs

Postby tubby » Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:35 pm

:laugh:

Of course we all support Rafa in whatever he wants to do but it's hard sometimes when he starts with odd formations and lineups and doesnt use players the club paid a lot of money for.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:35 pm

stupid untimely remarks.. hes fcked it up and i for one arent just going to accept that was he's doing is right simply because hes the one picking the lineups... he isnt a god and when i think he done wrong ill come out and say it...

all for supporting the manager and backing him up at times but what u seem to be suggesting is just to blindly follow whatever he does... fck that !
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby sgs » Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:37 pm

aCe' wrote:stupid untimely remarks.. hes fcked it up and i for one arent just going to accept that was he's doing is right simply because hes the one picking the lineups... he isnt a god and when i think he done wrong ill come out and say it...

all for supporting the manager and backing him up at times but what u seem to be suggesting is just to blindly follow whatever he does... fck that !

You've totally missed the point! The issues he is fighting for here with his public comments is about creating a level playing field for ALL teams.
sgs

Postby Effes » Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:38 pm

sgs wrote:

OK done that, bit hard to type... what do I do now?

Can I sit down now?
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:42 pm

I don't think anyone seriously is NOT supporting Rafa anyway. Ok so we all have a moan on here but we always do that. On the pitch though I have never seen Rafa not 110% supported by the fans.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:44 pm

Effes wrote:
sgs wrote:

Can I sit down now?

:laugh:
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:45 pm

Effes wrote:
sgs wrote:

Can I sit down now?

no, go to the window, scream ''I love Rafa'', then go back and sit down.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Effes » Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:46 pm

metalhead wrote:
Effes wrote:
sgs wrote:

Can I sit down now?

no, go to the window, scream ''I love Rafa'', then go back and sit down.

Sit down ? No way man, this is the stand up thread!
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:47 pm

but you did ask you wanted to sit down!
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:48 pm

sgs wrote:
aCe' wrote:stupid untimely remarks.. hes fcked it up and i for one arent just going to accept that was he's doing is right simply because hes the one picking the lineups... he isnt a god and when i think he done wrong ill come out and say it...

You've totally missed the point! The issues he is fighting for here with his public comments is about creating a level playing field for ALL teams.

lsn mate... the whole referees giving manutd facourable treatment thing is blown way out of proportion by many.. especially last few years we'v been seeing less and less of that... matter of fact i think the top4 in general and not just manu, have been getting away more than other teams with referee calls and even then that would hardly qualify as a fact.. given that we'd be included if such a comment was made.. i think that wat benitez came out with .. the whole referees giving them decisions, their fixtures being easier..etc etc was all rather pathetic, even desperate and if anything, added unneeded pressure to an already unexerienced side when it comes to challenging for a league title...

it got fans excited for a bit, but i fear the negatives from the whole benitez/ferguson war of words circus will outweigh the positive by some margin here...

best for us as things stand atm is to just let the whole thing fade away and see how things stand in the league until we o out and play the mancs at old twatford...
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion