Stand up an believe

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby europian-kings » Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:25 pm

Greavesie wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:Anything is possible we are LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB, The next few days are gonna be fecking murder in the media, we are gonna be crusified by the lot of them,
Lets stand together as one an take the fecking lot of them on,
WHOSE STANDING

COUNT ME IN!!

Its times like this that define our club and who we are. I ain't backing

We are LFC, fecking proud of it n all!!! Never will the knockout blow be landed on this club

COME ON YOU REDS!!!!!!!!

COUNT ME IN TOO!

Yeah it's tough times at the moment,
And yeah theres always going to be critisisum, weather it be the yanks, rafa, the players.....

But we are the best fans in the world!

And it's times like this when the club need our support most!

YNWA!  :bowdown
europian-kings
LFC Super Member

Postby heimdall » Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:32 pm

Greavesie wrote:It goes to head to head Heimdall, even then we still have to win 3:0

? so what is the goal difference for then? I'm confused now

In any case we had a molehill before but now we have Mount fecking Everest between us and progression out of the group stages.  :no

Can some one give me a sensible reason why Rafa took Nando off with 5 minutes to go, every fecking time Rafa does that the oppo scores!

I think that as soon as Nando goes off the pitch th eopposition feel they can push ona bit more which is exactly what Lyon did, taking nando off was tactically naiive.
heimdall

Postby Big Niall » Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:34 pm

NANNY RED wrote:Anything is possible we are LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB, The next few days are gonna be fecking murder in the media, we are gonna be crusified by the lot of them,
Lets stand together as one an take the fecking lot of them on,
WHOSE STANDING

Do you always resist sacking a manager?

Did you want Souness,EVans,Houllier to stay when their days were coming to an end.

If you think Benitez is the right man then fair enough but shouting for a manager to be kept on regardless of his results is stupidity.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:36 pm

read the rest of the thread Niall, this aint about Rafa
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Owzat » Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:20 pm

heimdall wrote:
Greavesie wrote:It goes to head to head Heimdall, even then we still have to win 3:0

OK, here's the rules on deciding positions in the Champions League.

POINTS - teams will be ordered by points.
HEAD TO HEAD - positions of teams level on points will be decided by the head to head results, like in knockout stages
AWAY GOALS - if two teams are level on points, and aggregate goals in their head to head results, away goals will be used to split them
GOAL DIFFERENCE - if two teams are level on all of the above, THEN goal difference is used, then goals scored. After that it could be as daft as draw lots or a play-off.

But if you don't understand it now heimdall, did you not understand what was happening at Anfield against Olympiakos in 2004/05? We needed to beat them to get level on points, they beat us 1-0 in Greece so when we went 1-0 down at Anfield we needed to win by two clear goals as 2-2 would have sent them through on away goals. This year if it comes to us needing to beat Fiorentina to get level on points, we would need to better their result unless we score a hatful against Debrecen. 2-0 would mirror their win in Florence, 3-1 would send them through with the solitary away goal which is why we talk of three clear goals.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby heimdall » Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:04 pm

Owzat wrote:
heimdall wrote:

OK, here's the rules on deciding positions in the Champions League.

POINTS - teams will be ordered by points.
HEAD TO HEAD - positions of teams level on points will be decided by the head to head results, like in knockout stages
AWAY GOALS - if two teams are level on points, and aggregate goals in their head to head results, away goals will be used to split them
GOAL DIFFERENCE - if two teams are level on all of the above, THEN goal difference is used, then goals scored. After that it could be as daft as draw lots or a play-off.

But if you don't understand it now heimdall, did you not understand what was happening at Anfield against Olympiakos in 2004/05? We needed to beat them to get level on points, they beat us 1-0 in Greece so when we went 1-0 down at Anfield we needed to win by two clear goals as 2-2 would have sent them through on away goals. This year if it comes to us needing to beat Fiorentina to get level on points, we would need to better their result unless we score a hatful against Debrecen. 2-0 would mirror their win in Florence, 3-1 would send them through with the solitary away goal which is why we talk of three clear goals.

ah ok now I get it, weird, why can't they have same rules in all competitons, it used to be goal difference after points for everything didn't it, or is that only in the premiership?
heimdall

Postby bigmick » Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:17 pm

It is a strange system, and not a particularly fair one ether. Nor could it be said to be encouraging teams to play in an attacking way, nor does it ensure that every minute of every match actually counts. Just as well for us that it is the case though, as our 1-0 Home win against the pub team was an awful effort and would have been enough to put us out otherwise.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:36 pm

bigmick wrote:Just as well for us that it is the case though, as our 1-0 Home win against the pub team was an awful effort and would have been enough to put us out otherwise.

Eh?  ???
LFC2007

Postby Greavesie » Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:42 pm

LFC2007 wrote:
bigmick wrote:Just as well for us that it is the case though, as our 1-0 Home win against the pub team was an awful effort and would have been enough to put us out otherwise.

Eh?  ???

I think he means that it would have made it significantly harder for us if it was down to GD rather than head to head
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby heimdall » Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:43 pm

LFC2007 wrote:

Eh?  ???

I think he is poitning to the fact that if it were decided on goal difference we'd really be in the sh1t right now.
heimdall

Postby LFC2007 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:50 pm

I see.

Still, there's plenty of scope for an 8-goal swing. In fact, there wouldn't be much difference at all. If Fiore and Lyon drew, we'd still need to beat the Italians by 3 clear goals; that would reduce their GD to +2 and raise ours to +1, meaning we would only have needed to beat Debrecen by two clear goals to ensure our GD were higher than Fiorentina's.
LFC2007

Postby teamleader1 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:19 pm

Redangel wrote:I'm standing , firmly and solidly behind MY football club no matter what. That is what being a true supporter is.

YNWA    :bowdown

What the fk is this thread all about?

WHY do we need to say we support lfc? ON an LFC site!!
its fkn obvious we do!
the fact that we spend a fortune every season speaks for itself
And as for not mentioning the fact that the manager is to blame for the present situation is just burying your head in the sand
Don't believe he wont get the push because of how much it will cost,
the money lost from not making the KO stages of the CL and the genuine fear of not making the top 4 will soon outweigh the compo cost

:angry:
teamleader1

Postby kunilson » Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:37 pm

through the wind and the rain and all that.....

thumping Birmingham will be helpful...
kunilson
LFC Super Member

Postby Lando_Griffin » Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:17 am

Dazzer wrote:I will support the club always and Rafa for the moment but really if we lose vs Brummys I have 100% had it with him. :(

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:34 am

heimdall wrote:

In any case we had a molehill before but now we have Mount fecking Everest between us and progression out of the group stages.  :no

Can some one give me a sensible reason why Rafa took Nando off with 5 minutes to go, every fecking time Rafa does that the oppo scores!

I think that as soon as Nando goes off the pitch th eopposition feel they can push ona bit more which is exactly what Lyon did, taking nando off was tactically naiive.

We were winning and Torres was f*cked.

Do you need another reason?

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion