Spending in jan? - Cash we have and how much we spend?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby redsince2001 » Tue Dec 27, 2005 8:14 pm

Just wanted 2 know wat u guys think we have in our pockets to spend in jan?We spend about 20m in the last tranfer window and 7m came from selling baros.

My guess is we got a turnover of about 30m from last season ,add to that the money for qualifying in the group stages of the champions league..then we got at least 35m to spend ...what do u guys think??

Spend it all i say, so long we can give those b**tards chelski a run for their MONEY.
"we were a family club. There was no ‘them and us’ attitude, it was just ‘us’. "-Kenny Daglish
redsince2001
LFC Super Member

Postby Gaunt » Tue Dec 27, 2005 8:19 pm

I think realistically we have about 15mil to spend at most.. Taking into account other costs such as wages, upkeep of anfield, the costs involved with the new stadium etc.  i don't think we will see any really major signings money wise in jan but Benitez is able to uncover cheap gems  :;):
Gaunt

Postby welsh wizzard » Tue Dec 27, 2005 8:30 pm

15 to 20m wheather rafa spends it we'll see. 9m will get kompany, 10m plus josemi will get joaquin. I think we will get galletti on loan, and a young centre back then in the summer, owen will return for a get out clause of 12m cisse out to marseille or lyon for around 8m, maybe joaquin or simao will join in the summer and a class centre back if not in january. I've got a feeling rafa will not spend the money if the right players are not available in january, so all the big signings could be in the summer. But i'm hopefull a new centre back will come in january and the rumour is kompany, We can't afford to be light weight there if carra or sami gets an injury between jan and end of season we will be struggling. So priority has to be a centre back.
welsh wizzard
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redsince2001 » Tue Dec 27, 2005 8:31 pm

If we lost 15m every six months in wages then may God help this club!!
"we were a family club. There was no ‘them and us’ attitude, it was just ‘us’. "-Kenny Daglish
redsince2001
LFC Super Member

Postby Owzat » Tue Dec 27, 2005 8:32 pm

I want to see us sign one key and quality player in January (minimum), anything above and beyond that would be a bonus. I think it will be near impossible to catch Chelsea, the fookers are averaging over 2.5 points per game under Moronho but we need to consolidate a top four finish and arguably since we are unlikely to win the league concentrate on defending our CL crown. I think we need a pacey striker, a quick and reliable CB or less importantly to add wide right midfield (as our midfield is doing pretty well) We should also look to offload any players who don't feature strongly in Rafa's plans in order to raise funds or just to get rid
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kopite_1232002 » Tue Dec 27, 2005 8:33 pm

welsh wizzard wrote:15 to 20m wheather rafa spends it we'll see. 9m will get kompany, 10m plus josemi will get joaquin. I think we will get galletti on loan, and a young centre back then in the summer, owen will return for a get out clause of 12m cisse out to marseille or lyon for around 8m, maybe joaquin or simao will join in the summer and a class centre back if not in january. I've got a feeling rafa will not spend the money if the right players are not available in january, so all the big signings could be in the summer. But i'm hopefull a new centre back will come in january and the rumour is kompany, We can't afford to be light weight there if carra or sami gets an injury between jan and end of season we will be struggling. So priority has to be a centre back.

watch the wizard do his stuff. he truely is a liverpool legend

biggest load ov bollox iv herd all year you sees to amaze me
kopite_1232002

Postby redsince2001 » Tue Dec 27, 2005 8:39 pm

Owzat wrote:I want to see us sign one key and quality player in January (minimum), anything above and beyond that would be a bonus. I think it will be near impossible to catch Chelsea, the fookers are averaging over 2.5 points per game under Moronho but we need to consolidate a top four finish and arguably since we are unlikely to win the league concentrate on defending our CL crown. I think we need a pacey striker, a quick and reliable CB or less importantly to add wide right midfield (as our midfield is doing pretty well) We should also look to offload any players who don't feature strongly in Rafa's plans in order to raise funds or just to get rid

which pacey striker can we sign who isn't cup tied??
redsince2001
LFC Super Member

Postby Owzat » Tue Dec 27, 2005 8:43 pm

redsince2001 wrote:
Owzat wrote:I want to see us sign one key and quality player in January (minimum), anything above and beyond that would be a bonus. I think it will be near impossible to catch Chelsea, the fookers are averaging over 2.5 points per game under Moronho but we need to consolidate a top four finish and arguably since we are unlikely to win the league concentrate on defending our CL crown. I think we need a pacey striker, a quick and reliable CB or less importantly to add wide right midfield (as our midfield is doing pretty well) We should also look to offload any players who don't feature strongly in Rafa's plans in order to raise funds or just to get rid

which pacey striker can we sign who isn't cup tied??

Well I could say Owen............
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redsince2001 » Tue Dec 27, 2005 8:45 pm

if i'm not mistaken i think owen's contract states that the 12m get out clause isn't apllicable till the new season.
redsince2001
LFC Super Member

Postby Owzat » Tue Dec 27, 2005 8:48 pm

redsince2001 wrote:if i'm not mistaken i think owen's contract states that the 12m get out clause isn't apllicable till the new season.

I know, I was joking as I can't be ar$ed to work out who else isn't cup-tied in Europe, that is Rafa's job and bar one or two signings he usually hits the mark
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redsince2001 » Tue Dec 27, 2005 8:50 pm

plus owen has lost a lot of pace but still a very good clinical striker.Anyway lets not make this another thread 4 saint michel shall we..
redsince2001
LFC Super Member

Postby redsince2001 » Tue Dec 27, 2005 8:56 pm

A CB is the 1st thing we sud ( and prob will) buy.
redsince2001
LFC Super Member

Postby mighty mo » Tue Dec 27, 2005 9:05 pm

i hope kompany comes here,the long term partner for carra in waiting,and i truly hope we have joaquin either in january or the summer,with him in our team our midfield will be unstoppable
mighty mo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby welsh wizzard » Tue Dec 27, 2005 9:06 pm

kopite you tit, what do you propose you are probably calling for pennent and upson, you muppet!!!!!!!!!
welsh wizzard
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redsince2001 » Tue Dec 27, 2005 9:09 pm

who's this kompany?
redsince2001
LFC Super Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion