Spending in jan? - Cash we have and how much we spend?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby GOAT » Wed Dec 28, 2005 1:12 am

i just hope we can bring in a couple of quality first team players that will strengthen the squad and help us keep up our form until the end of the season
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby A.B. » Wed Dec 28, 2005 2:56 am

I have to agree with you A.B.. but i also disagree that players from not well known leagues won't make a hit in the big ones. i have seen alot of players like Nedved who used to play in really not well known leagues make big hits in big the leagues

i heard about Daniel Agger and he is potential. He is quick and a good tackler

Ok we're not talking about leagues from Eastern Europe, we're talking about Costa Rica. Hardly a country, let alone a football nation.

Everybody wants to see world class players to play for Liverpool. But again all these players are expensive and clubs like Cheshit, Man  and Assenal will outbid us . Rafa won't go to these players unless we have a lot of money

You don't seem to understand how the transfer market works. A player doesn't go to the highest bidder in all cases. A player goes to the club that he wants to go not that wants to spend the most money.

The only clubs that can outbid us in the Premier League is Chelsea and Man Utd to a certain degree. Arsenal have never spent a lot of money, therefore I do not see them as a threat.

We can get a proper winger without being outbidden by other clubs. Chelsea don't need another winger [Duff,Robben,Cole,Wright-Phillips,hardly in a need for a winger].

You're overreacting
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Wed Dec 28, 2005 3:46 am

You don't seem to understand how the transfer market works. A player doesn't go to the highest bidder in all cases. A player goes to the club that he wants to go not that wants to spend the most money.

yup i agree but exp.

If you are a player, where do you go ? A successful club like liverpool or a club that can paid you maybe 150K per week? Unless you are the player like SG. I think 75% answer will be 150K per week ....
LiverpoolMadman

Postby GOAT » Wed Dec 28, 2005 4:05 am

LiverpoolMadman wrote:

yup i agree but exp.

If you are a player, where do you go ? A successful club like liverpool or a club that can paid you maybe 150K per week? Unless you are the player like SG. I think 75% answer will be 150K per week ....

id call anyone who wanted 150k a week a greedy facker. Its either get payed 150k to sit on the bench or play week in week out for Liverpool id pick Liverpool
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby A.B. » Wed Dec 28, 2005 4:39 am

yup i agree but exp.

As a player would you want to go where you get money and will not be guaranteed a starting 11 spot by any means, or go to a club that will guarantee you football week in and week out.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby redmikey » Wed Dec 28, 2005 11:22 am

Rafa is going about his business well IMO he has brought in a ton of young players out of which if one comes good will be news.

I think he will buy a CB as cover for sami who is playing as well as he has ever done.

I think he will surpise us and buy a left back cause warnock even though young, english ,left footed
JAR solid relible

both loved by the fans, Rafa likes players who can keep the ball or run the game etc momo , carra,xabi SG.

but the trust I have in Rafa to do what is best for the club and the first team i don,t care who he buys because he will make it work
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby redsince2001 » Wed Dec 28, 2005 2:27 pm

BBC sport is linking us with two CB of depotivo la coruna.... one one them is a fellow called collocini...think we can get him 4 cheap!!
"we were a family club. There was no ‘them and us’ attitude, it was just ‘us’. "-Kenny Daglish
redsince2001
LFC Super Member

Postby Erica » Wed Dec 28, 2005 3:20 pm

redsince2001 wrote:BBC sport is linking us with two CB of depotivo la coruna.... one one them is a fellow called collocini...think we can get him 4 cheap!!

Colloccini is a young international Argentinian central defender. I think he is 23. His previous club was Milan, although he did not play much. In Deportivo he has played quite often, and I would be surprised if we could get him easily. You mention there is another player from Deportivo, they are willing to sell. I would not be surprised if that name was César, an old Spanish player who does not co :censored: for the Deportivo coach.
To sum up, if it is Colloccini the one we can get, OK. Go ahead, but if it is César, he can remain in Spain. I would not be interested in him.
Erica

Postby Erica » Wed Dec 28, 2005 3:22 pm

Erica wrote:
redsince2001 wrote:BBC sport is linking us with two CB of depotivo la coruna.... one one them is a fellow called collocini...think we can get him 4 cheap!!

Colloccini is a young international Argentinian central defender. I think he is 23. His previous club was Milan, although he did not play much. In Deportivo he has played quite often, and I would be surprised if we could get him easily. You mention there is another player from Deportivo, they are willing to sell. I would not be surprised if that name was César, an old Spanish player who does not co :censored: for the Deportivo coach.
To sum up, if it is Colloccini the one we can get, OK. Go ahead, but if it is César, he can remain in Spain. I would not be interested in him.

Why don't they allow me to say the word "co :censored:"?
Erica

Postby Erica » Wed Dec 28, 2005 3:26 pm

This is the meaning of the word which has been cancelled:

"to have value or significance"
Erica

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Wed Dec 28, 2005 4:07 pm

Colloccini

he's good but the other one not sure
LiverpoolMadman

Postby Reinas No.1 Fan » Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:15 am

I just wanna see some wise and thrifty spending. I would like 2 spare centre backs a right winger and if theres any spare a left back to back up Riise.
Liverpool FC
Reinas No.1 Fan
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mighty mo » Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:24 am

we need a RW and another CB hopefully and fingers crossed kompany and joaquin would do nicely
mighty mo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Thu Dec 29, 2005 3:20 am

we need a RW and another CB hopefully and fingers crossed kompany and joaquin would do nicely

How much do you think that Liverpool need to buy these two players ?
LiverpoolMadman

Postby MilitiaRusher » Thu Dec 29, 2005 3:59 am

Dudeks No.1 Fan wrote:I just wanna see some wise and thrifty spending. I would like 2 spare centre backs a right winger and if theres any spare a left back to back up Riise.

Hmmm you're asking a bit too much here. It will be really hard to keep 2 quality center backs out of the starting line up happy. 1 is enough. As for left backs, why do we need another one. We now in fact have a surplus in that position, with Riise, Warnock, and Traore all able to play in that position.
MilitiaRusher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion