Spectator banned from anfield - Racism

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Lando_Griffin » Tue Apr 24, 2007 12:34 am

Chances are, he said "Giggs, yer diving Welsh tw*t", and was arrested, charged and booted out for 3 years as a result.

That to me, is not a just punishment. The Scots, Irish and Welsh are allowed to insult us English to their heart's content, but as soon as we say "Jock"/"Mick", etc, we're the lowest of the low and are treated as though we'd just raped their cattle.

There is such a thing as "common sense", and I highly doubt any sensible person would call that racist.

Then again, he could have said something much worse...

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Tue Apr 24, 2007 12:42 am

Sabre wrote:
Luis Aragones was caught on camera calling Henry a "black " or something to that effect. Great, here we have sustancial evidence of racism from a world famous football manager. Lets sack him, fine him, and take him to court for the law to deal with him and show the world that football will not tolerate racism in ANY form no matter who the culprit.

I hate racism, but that was a literal translation. Literally translated it was "Shitty black".

But it turns out to happen, that "black" is not racist at all in Spanish, nor despective, and Shitty is used all the time, a bit like you use "bloody". For instance one of the greatest enemies of racism, Eto'o, and Aragones are very friends. Unfortunate translation that.

Shitty isnt a problem, neither is the word Black in England.

Put them together though  "Shitty Black" then there is a problem.
66-1112520797

Postby 66-1112520797 » Tue Apr 24, 2007 12:46 am

Stu.Murph wrote:
SJD wrote:My views are not Politically Correct either and I guess about 95% of the fu.cking country agree. The whole country is a bit of a fu.cking joke now when you cannot have kids singing " baa baa black sheep" etc.

If your telling the truth then why can you not post it? The truth hurts possibly...

Exactly.

Do you what, I only found out the story behind the word "gollywog" the other day.

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. Anyway, thats the end of the conversation, I'm not going into it anymore than that mate. Sorry.

You only found out about the gollywog the other day ?

What stone have you been under, or is your excuse' you havent had jam for while'.

Anyway bit your lip mate, I could imagine this thread going exactly the same way as you may think.
66-1112520797

Postby Sabre » Tue Apr 24, 2007 12:48 am

Bamaga man says

Shitty isnt a problem, neither is the word Black in England.

Put them together though  "Shitty Black" then there is a problem.

Trust me.

Yes in English.

Not in Spanish. Spanish has a lot of nuances as well which I do know thoroughly, better than most of Spaniards if I can gloat about that.

And shitty is often used as non important, little. If he wanted to insult Henry in a racist manner, he'd simply had used other constructions that I don't feel like explaining because they're sickening.

But here we say often "shitty car", as a car that doesn't run much, or "shitty wages" when we don't earn enough money.
So that comment, not pronouncing Henry's name, was talking about his mere quality as a player. He was telling that to Reyes to increase his confidence, and Reyes was smiling because of it.

I wouldn't be here defending Aragones if I had the slightest doubt about him saying a racist remark. Quite simply, I wouldn't tolerate it.
Last edited by Sabre on Tue Apr 24, 2007 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Tue Apr 24, 2007 12:51 am

So again it was lost in translation eh ? :D

You flippin Spanish !
66-1112520797

Postby Stu.Murph » Tue Apr 24, 2007 12:52 am

Let it go Bamaga, just let it go... :D
Stu.Murph
LFC Super Member

Postby 66-1112520797 » Tue Apr 24, 2007 12:54 am

Stu.Murph wrote:Let it go Bamaga, just let it go... :D

Okay mate, Okay mate. But next time your not gonna stop me.  :D
66-1112520797

Postby GLB1 » Tue Apr 24, 2007 1:33 am

SJD wrote:
Effes wrote:A fella I work with last year called Cahill an Auzzy c*nt at Anfield.
I dont think that is essentially racist.
He got dragged in to the office by the police and nearly got arrested.

Perfect example of the police and racism in recent years.

There is nothing at all racist about calling an Australian and Aussie. Was it because he called him an Aussie or was it cos he used the word C*nt in a public place ?

The reason the club has highlighted this one person being banned for racism is to use them as an example of what will happen to hopefully lessen it happening again. (Self explanatory I thought) Not to parade around acting like they won the war on racism.

SJD, everything starts with baby steps mate and if we all took the view of "It's not up to us to do anything, it is a bigger problem for someone higher up to worry about" then nothing would ever get done.

If you cant control your mouth enough to not use racist comments during a match then in my view what right do you have to be there. I'm sure this ban will make this fan think twice about doing it again once the ban is over.

That said though we don't know exactly what was said and I do accept that political correctness has gone a bit too far lately.  But also lets not forget that the spectator pleaded guilty to racist chanting. He knew what he was saying was incorrect which in my mind is the difference between being politically incorrect and racist.
GLB1

Postby 112-1077774096 » Tue Apr 24, 2007 2:17 am

a kunt is a kunt no matter what race or religion they are, however sadly these days you can not use an adjective to go with the noun as you are accused of all sorts of racism.

personally i dont see the use of 'black tw@t' as racist, however if i was to say 'all blacks are tw@ts" then that is racist.

in the first example the word black is just used as a describing word, just like short, fat, smelly, ugly, its not aimed at race, its just a description of an individual.

the second example however is racist as it is stereotyping blacks, it is a slur on the race and not on an individual.

just my tuppence worth anyway
112-1077774096

Postby Stu.Murph » Tue Apr 24, 2007 2:21 am

Wow, for once we actually agree on something.

On saying that, I still don't think this is the place to be discussing these kind of things as the over sensitive minority will pick up on certain things and have you hanged and probably this forum removed from the internet due to us discussing our views.

I still believe this thread should be locked, or either moved into the general chat area with a warning attached and anything that said in this thread is not to be repeated in another part of the forum to use against other members under any circumstances.

On a lighter note,

Let it go, just let it go! :D
Stu.Murph
LFC Super Member

Postby 112-1077774096 » Tue Apr 24, 2007 2:23 am

Stu.Murph wrote:circumstances.

On a lighter note,

Would you care to move the thread Peewee? :D

as per your comment in the chelsea thread, stu you are still a w@nker
112-1077774096

Postby Stu.Murph » Tue Apr 24, 2007 2:23 am

What rattled your cage?

Oh thats right, I see, the old editing of the post trick...

Nice... :D
Stu.Murph
LFC Super Member

Postby 112-1077774096 » Tue Apr 24, 2007 2:27 am

no stu, you called me a w@nker in the chelsea thread when i hadnt even posted in the thread,

seems you have the same complex about me that the mancs have about us, singing songs when we are not even there
112-1077774096

Postby account deleted by request » Tue Apr 24, 2007 2:30 am

I think we should change from a Red strip to a black one. When opposing supporters call us red b@stards now they get away with it ,once we have our Black strip......... :D
account deleted by request

Postby babu » Tue Apr 24, 2007 2:32 am

DING! DING!

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion