Spectator banned from anfield - Racism

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Stu.Murph » Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:58 pm

kunilson wrote:there's taking rightful action, and being overly-sensitive.....if you keep goin on about something, whatever the subject, people are gonna get :censored: off at the subject itself and not take it seriously.....better to make examples of well-known people, like the ones SJD mentioned, and mihajlovic

Right can I just say please I think this thread should be locked.

We should either be allowed to discuss this properly, looking at both sides of the arguement or we should not discuss this at all.

Some people will become overly sensitive and the last thing we need is someone on here saying something about someones "race" and then a person over reacting.

Not all of of us have "politically correct" views on racisism regardless of how sensible a persons views are.

Political correctness is not something that I am interested in personally and I think in all honesty it absoloutely stinks to high heaven.

This debate should either be locked and binned or moved to the general chat forum and people allowed to air their views in this thread regardless of what they are.

My opinion.
Stu.Murph
LFC Super Member

Postby Sabre » Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:03 pm

I see your point Stu.

But I don't consider myself entitled to judge wether this thread should be locked, as long as there's proper respect between users.

So far, the views have been different, but I can't see lacks of respect between users, and I've received no complaints.

As for the place, I'm not sure neither this should go to general chat or not, as it affects Liverpool Football Club, despite it hasn't to do with the game itself. I preffer the other mods see this and we decide together.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SJD » Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:07 pm

Sabre wrote:I see your point Stu.

But I don't consider myself entitled to judge wether this thread should be locked, as long as there's proper respect between users.

So far, the views have been different, but I can't see lacks of respect between users, and I've received no complaints.

As for the place, I'm not sure neither this should go to general chat or not, as it affects Liverpool Football Club, despite it hasn't to do with the game itself. I preffer the other mods see this and we decide together.

:D

Edit - For the record, I feel we all are adults who know where the line is and not to cross it.
Last edited by SJD on Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SJD

Postby Sabre » Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:08 pm

:)
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Effes » Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:11 pm

Racism is bad news and should be stamped out.

But, I think people have different views about what is a racist comment.

A fella I work with last year called Cahill an Auzzy c*nt at Anfield.
I dont think that is essentially racist.
He got dragged in to the office by the police and nearly got arrested.
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SJD » Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:12 pm

Effes wrote:A fella I work with last year called Cahill an Auzzy c*nt at Anfield.

Perfect example of the police and racism in recent years.
SJD

Postby kunilson » Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:23 pm

just for the record, i wasn't saying anything brought up in this topic was overly-sensitive or anything like that....i was just tryin to say that when a subject is brought up too often, it can lose its integrity, and was saying that in general terms not specific to this story.

think all that can be said about this subject has been said really.
kunilson
LFC Super Member

Postby Stu.Murph » Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:25 pm

SJD wrote:
Effes wrote:A fella I work with last year called Cahill an Auzzy c*nt at Anfield.

Perfect example of the police and racism in recent years.

No, perfect example of political correctness in recent years mate. Massive difference.

I could tell you stories from 8 months in the police and things that have happened to my dad that are simply sickening but I've been warned about my conduct on here many a time so I'll either wait for this thread to get the go ahead to be a propper discussion or I'll keep them to myself.

By the way I'm not one to sit on the fence. I just think this thread should be locked as I'm sitting here biting my lip and not allowed to talk about my views because they won't appear to be politically correct.

People like SouthCoastSilverSpoonInMyMouthShankly amougnst others will start making issues were there are not any.

Its something I'm more than happy to talk about with anyone on MSN but definately not on a public forum where the evil snipping goody goodies can twist things.

The problem with threads like this is they can't stay civil without turning into some sort of pathetic farce by one overly PC bellend.
Stu.Murph
LFC Super Member

Postby SJD » Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:38 pm

My views are not Politically Correct either and I guess about 95% of the fu.cking country agree. The whole country is a bit of a fu.cking joke now when you cannot have kids singing " baa baa black sheep" etc.

If your telling the truth then why can you not post it? The truth hurts possibly...
SJD

Postby Stu.Murph » Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:42 pm

SJD wrote:My views are not Politically Correct either and I guess about 95% of the fu.cking country agree. The whole country is a bit of a fu.cking joke now when you cannot have kids singing " baa baa black sheep" etc.

If your telling the truth then why can you not post it? The truth hurts possibly...

Exactly.

Do you what, I only found out the story behind the word "gollywog" the other day.

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. Anyway, thats the end of the conversation, I'm not going into it anymore than that mate. Sorry.
Stu.Murph
LFC Super Member

Postby Effes » Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:44 pm

Stu, where a "name" derives from doesn't determine whether it's racist or not.

It's whether it's derogatory or not.
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jaytoothetee » Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:46 pm

SJD wrote:If you consider Ron Atkinson as among one of the hierarchy of professional football you need your head tested.

I know a fellow who sat in the Paddock for over 40 years. He was a regular match goer who loved watching the reds home and away, in England and in Europe.

One day 2 years ago, he called Salif Diao "a black t.wat" in the heat of the moment and got nabbed by the police. He apoligised profusely, ya know different era etc. He lost his season ticket and is banned from Anfield for life. He won't even watch us on the TV anymore. It broke his heart.

I don't tolerate racism in any form in any walk of life but the way the club and the police try and publicise these things like this is a joke.

If they want to get rid of racism they should start at the top with Luis Aragones, Paulo Di Canio and the hierachy of the top top teams that condone racism. Not the uneducated peasants.

no, as a matter i don't, but who else as high profile figure in english football (whether directly related ie a player, or simply working as a pundit) has been seen making racist / offensive comments. thankfully, no-one. racism doesn't have a place in football, yet some spanish / italian fans don't seem to have cottoned on. you can count on it that if aragones had been managing in england when he made that comment, he would have been dealt with. likewise, if racist banners were displayed at an english game, the club would eject the fans and real restrictions would be imposed by the fa. as far as i'm concerned, all we can do is get our own house in order. it's up to fifa / uefa and the spanish / italian fa's respectively to sort out their own.

stu, i agree with you on the political correctness issue, people are way to sensitive and you can't say anything without some jobsworth cu.nt jumping on your back. but that's nowt to do with football....

One time, I saw a man looking at me, yes, with his eyes. And then, he, he picked up a tube. And he looked, in the tube, and he made the moon big, inside the tube. The moon big inside a tube! Waahaha... Aaah. Telescope.
jaytoothetee

Postby SJD » Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:46 pm

Fair do's. I just read a whole thread dedicated to you in another section so I can see your reservations.

My final view on the matter is nicking small minded fools in the stadium and parading it round like we have just won a war is fu.cking pathetic. IF Fifa, Uefa, Liverpool or any other big club wants to be serious they should sort it out where it matters at the top of the game.

The whole PC thing IS A WHOLE OTHER TOPIC!!
SJD

Postby jaytoothetee » Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:50 pm

yeah, i agree with oyu, but what can liverpool fc, or for that matter the fa do to sort out the spanish game?

think maybe the thread should end here...

One time, I saw a man looking at me, yes, with his eyes. And then, he, he picked up a tube. And he looked, in the tube, and he made the moon big, inside the tube. The moon big inside a tube! Waahaha... Aaah. Telescope.
jaytoothetee

Postby Stu.Murph » Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:57 pm

Jay, let it go mate, let it go... :D
Stu.Murph
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion