Spanish rafalution - Are all our spaniards good enough ?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Sean » Thu Jan 13, 2005 6:32 pm

I reckon Morientes will prove to be a fantastic buy for us.  His partnership with Baros has the potential to have as big an impact as Toshack and Keegan's did in the '70's.

Alonzo is world class.

However, I reckon Nunez, Garcia and Josemi are not good enough to make the grade at Anfield.  What do you think ?
Every Single Ball
Sean
LFC Super Member

Postby LFCFan4Life » Thu Jan 13, 2005 6:33 pm

I think Nunez will become an essential player to our squad. If Garcia starts being more consistant then he will be good for us.
You'll Never Walk Alone drummerphil
LFCFan4Life
LFC Super Member

Postby taff » Thu Jan 13, 2005 6:39 pm

I reckon Benitez is building a solid spine to the team with the rest of the squad fitting in around there

I would imagine it at the moment to be

Carragher

alonso
Gerrard

Morientes

Specifically the spanish lads I see Nunez and Garcia as important squad players but I cant see much of a future for Josemi

I think we might see somebody else join this month and definitely more in the summer

The likes of Mellor, Pongolle etc have this season to impress and make their mark to be senior squad members

I wouldnt mind seeing a young central defender arrive to bed in for the rest of the season either Spanish English or whatever
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redrider » Thu Jan 13, 2005 6:40 pm

Nunez will. Garcia possibly. Josemi doubtful.
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby Ciggy » Thu Jan 13, 2005 6:44 pm

Only time will tell with Josemi and Garcia, I think we will see a big difference with Nunez now we have Morientes, he gets enough crosses into the box but theres never anyone there imagine, el moro on the end of one of them balls, header gerrin you beauty :;): .
We have been missing a player that scores with headers Hypia used to wellie them in, but I think we have only had about 4 goals scored from headers so far this season, Kewell, Mellor, riise? I think, If you watched Johnny mcs goal clips you can see how good moro is going to be.
Alonso has been our best spanish buy up to now, hes a fantastic player with his inch perfect passes a real gem and a pleasure to have in our team.
Garcia well maybe less of the fancy footwork and back to basic football maybe the best thing for him, its ok when hes tricking the oppostion, but its no good when his team mates havent got a clue what hes going to do next and he gives the ball away. But we shall see :) .
Cant wait to see Morientes in action though just a pity that Xabi is out, then we would know more of what Rafa has brought to our team and how they will all fit in and play well together.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby taff » Thu Jan 13, 2005 6:47 pm

Agree Lynds

Although well excited as things are getting better all the time it has been frustrating as well as I would now love to see a midfield where Alonso and Gerrard are more used to each other with fit and settled Nunez and Kewell on the flanks and Morientes and Baros up front

Think of the bench as well where we can now start to replace quality with quality
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Jan 13, 2005 6:51 pm

Only Alonso and (despite not having played yet) Morientes have my complete confidence.
Will pass final judgement on the others at the end of the season , although at the moment Garcia is beginning to pi'ss me off and Josemi is fast becoming Whosemi ?

Forgot about Pellagrino but it would be pointless to comment on him now.
Last edited by woof woof ! on Thu Jan 13, 2005 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Ciggy » Thu Jan 13, 2005 7:00 pm

Pellagrino scored last night :D  on his debut.
Another thing a bit off topic Carra never scores and Hypia hasnt scored for ages now, John Terrys scored a few and that b@stard Silvestre got 2 against us :angry:.Ashley Cole, Sol Cambell they have even been scoring this season
Really every player on the pitch should try and score if the oppotunity occurs from corners or set plays.
Hamman used to bang them in aswell we havent seen an Hamman goal for ages, maybe because hes sitting back more and protecting our back four and has probably been told to let stevie be the attacking midfielder.
But to my knowledge I am sure rafa said a while ago he expects every player to score.
Apart from the goalie that is.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 111-1105616639 » Thu Jan 13, 2005 8:00 pm

i think it will be josemi that doesnt make the grade at liverpool, he is a bit rash and also real slow for a young lad
111-1105616639

Postby parchpea » Thu Jan 13, 2005 9:31 pm

Nunez and Josemi wont make an impact at Liverpool in my opinion. Ive no clue about Pellegrino but given hes and older guy on a short deal its no real matter. Garcia is a good player and Alonso and Morientes are very good players. I do think its enough now from Spain. 6 players in all 5 Spanish and an Argentine is plenty from one league. In the Summer lets widen the net a tad before we have a full 11 from La Liga.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby LFCFan4Life » Thu Jan 13, 2005 9:36 pm

Garcia is a good player, he has the talent and the skill. Rafa knows him well and he knows that he can lose the ball easily however I'm sure he knows what kind and the quanity of goals he can score.
You'll Never Walk Alone drummerphil
LFCFan4Life
LFC Super Member

Postby Igor Zidane » Thu Jan 13, 2005 9:43 pm

i think morientes and alonso are proven quality which we need, i also think that the other spanish lads should still be given time ,its still far to early to say there not good enough,in my opinion.on anither note just realised something mad .James cow kecks Beattie £6 MILLION , Morientes £6.3 MILLION. I think that just shows why rafa is looking to spain for alot of his players.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Thu Jan 13, 2005 9:48 pm

Topic: Spanish rafalution, Are all our spaniards good enough ?

err no but due to the lack of money we have right now they will make do.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mrcool2003 » Thu Jan 13, 2005 11:09 pm

i think they all are good squad players, as regulars im not so sure, we'll have to see how they improve i always say the 2nd season for new signings is the fair reflection
mrcool2003
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stan Laurel » Fri Jan 14, 2005 12:30 am

Just give them more times and I am sure things for them will improve.
Stan Laurel
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion