Spanish defender - Any good

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby The_Rock » Thu Oct 07, 2004 4:15 pm

Woollyback wrote:
stmichael wrote:
Leonmc0708 wrote:how many of Rooney's youthful brothel conquests are in wooden over coats now ??  ???

good question that leon, i'll get back to you. :D

I think most of Rooney's conquests are at Knowsley Safari Park or Chester Zoo

:O
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redrider » Thu Oct 07, 2004 5:40 pm

stmichael wrote:are you seriously trying to tell me that alonso, garcia and josemi are third rate? comparing them to the likes of traore, diouf and cheyrou is simply laughable.

i couldn't give a flying f#ck where the players come from, aslong as they can play football.

No, but what I am telling you is that we wasted a large amount of money, by following a theme of purchasing a string of 'promising' players from the home country of our previous manager who was granted the benefit of having 'inside knowledge' of the football scene in that country.
I for one would not like to see LFC have their fingures burnt again on the same 'three card trick'.
Without getting too critical, after the Chelsea game, I would also add that the jury has not yet delivered its  full and final verdict on the current Spanish Three. Whilst the initial impression given by each of the players is encouraging, there was a certain 'dissapearance from the plate' when the test of Stamford Bridge was put in front of them.
Keep yourself aware and don't get suckered again !!
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby The_Rock » Thu Oct 07, 2004 5:59 pm

This is my view.

1)Alonso is class. He had a mediore game against chelsea, but he still was in the middle of all our attacking play. We should play him every match. He is bound to have a bad match or two.... who doesn't ?.

2)For time being, i thing we should drop garcia for away games. Garcia is great when we play attacking football. But when we play defensive, he tends to get isolated.... Maybe it is time, we start with baros & cisse at the next few away games.

3)Josemi is a good player. Duff gave him a hard time the last time. But any other rightback in the league would have been slaughtered by duff (who is on top-form now). On the whole, i though josemi had an ok game.

The spanish players have improved the team. If we hadn't bought them, finnan, diao & pongolle would have played against chelsea....would u really want that ?
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redrider » Thu Oct 07, 2004 6:22 pm

Rock,
No, or even worse Cheyrou, Diouf, Diarra etc, it would have been an absolute rout.
Like I said I didn't want to be too critical of the new Spanish guys, they have all shown promise.
I just don't want us to fall for a blind policy of trusting a theme again and wasting money on too many prospects, just because we think we have someone who knows where the un-cut diamonds are in his home country.
Let's go out and buy a few proven items of jewellrey, irrespective of which country they come from.
The £68m we wasted on the French Prospects could have bought three established Galactico's. ???
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Thu Oct 07, 2004 8:52 pm

The_Rock wrote:For time being, i thing we should drop garcia for away games. Garcia is great when we play attacking football. But when we play defensive, he tends to get isolated.... Maybe it is time, we start with baros & cisse at the next few away games.

yeah but dropping garcia would mean playing finnan in midfield until nunez gets fit. he IS NOT a midfield player.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby weezy » Thu Oct 07, 2004 9:29 pm

finnan is not a midfielder but hes not exactly a defender in my view....he is just a wing back kind of player...not especially brillent at a certain thing!
weezy

Postby 106-1093504160 » Fri Oct 08, 2004 8:11 am

in my view finnans not good enough, where ever he plays on the park
106-1093504160

Postby kindaconfused » Fri Oct 08, 2004 8:31 am

Finny Haddock is gettin a bit smelly on the slab now !
Bribery in football helps oil the wheels, the managers take it and the fans pay for it!
Kindaconfuzed and Biffa are not allowed to post.
Biffa is me mate!
Free Dom in the Forum
kindaconfused
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion