Spanish contingent - Concern or promising?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Sabre » Wed Sep 07, 2005 1:53 pm

Periko Alonso, also a great player. Not so technical, but lots of streght.

He didn't play in Anoeta, though, he played in Atotxa. Our new stadium was built in 1993, and holds 32000 people, but we intend to remove the tracks and have a REAL FOOTBALL STADIUM.

In Old Atotxa, were Periko Alonso played, I watched the matches en la "portería de la peñá mujika" And I saw Liverpool for the first time. Then I knew Aldridge in the late eighties and for that time, I could not help Liverpool being my second team.

A clue: why you don't see my posts of last year? or was I pretending to be spanish there as well? :P
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 109-1093441336 » Wed Sep 07, 2005 1:54 pm

For the sake of arguement i believe you.

As you sound more like a"bloody" Uncle Tom than anything else.

:p
109-1093441336

Postby Sabre » Wed Sep 07, 2005 1:57 pm

Pah :P You know Xenophoby is cr*p and you should not blame of that lightly :)

AND yes I was talking like uncle TOM, just because you made me hurry, I do have to think twice before writing in english, bloody hell :P

Sabre
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 109-1093441336 » Wed Sep 07, 2005 2:13 pm

soy también un español pero fingen para ser inglés
109-1093441336

Postby akumaface » Wed Sep 07, 2005 2:49 pm

Other than having more spainard players, we have more spainard fans as well. :)  Welcome to Liverpool Land where the Champions of Europe lies!! :buttrock:
akumaface
LFC Super Member

Postby Sabre » Wed Sep 07, 2005 2:57 pm

Hey, hey, I haven't taken this train when success has come to Liverpool.

You know Toshack? he's told us SO MANY things about Liverpool, you know Michael Robinson? he's well known for talking about Liverpool in Spanish TV as soon as he can. You know Aldridge? he delighted my city :)

Ah , Liverpool, home of so many footie related good things :)

Sabre
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Liverpool 4 EVA » Wed Sep 07, 2005 3:28 pm

Hey Sabre, but you're from the Basque country right? So I would imagine that you don't consider yourself Spanish? Perhaps even ANTI-Spain?

And if you're a supporter of Real Sociedad as you suggest, whats with all of that Spanish flag burning in Anoeta? :;):   :p

Yeah, I think you're against the Spaniards in Liverpool, and probably only interested in your fellow countryman Xabi Alonso  :p

Isn't it? be honest?   :rasp
Drummerphil - our thoughts are with you
Liverpool 4 EVA
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Wed Sep 07, 2005 3:34 pm

but you're from the Basque country right? So I would imagine that you don't consider yourself Spanish? Perhaps even ANTI-Spain?

Yes I'm Basque, but I'm not anti Spanish. You know only a few has hatred enough in order to burn flags and so on, say, 5%, but it's easier to appear in TV if you do that  :;):

The noisiest fans in Anoeta are like that though. Myself, I don't care about flags, I haven't the nationalism very developed, nor the Basque nor the Spanish. Here there's people who feel only Basque, and other that feel both Basque and Spanish.

What you can count for sure is that we're officially anti Real Madrid. We hate Real Madrid. If only the thread of "don't do business with ..." was open... I could say a couple of things about them :)

Sabre
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tommycockles » Wed Sep 07, 2005 7:22 pm

Hi Sabre- i'm sure you are Spanish but even if you weren't who cares- it's good to read your comments.
tommycockles
LFC Super Member

Postby Liverpool 4 EVA » Thu Sep 08, 2005 2:10 am

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:??? Whats all this in Rafa we trust sh.it ???
We are not bluenoses and they say in Moyes they trust, this is not a liverpool fans statement, infact its really mingy.

Why is it Sh*t?

I disagree.

Rafa isn't just some nobody that just walked in off from the street and started to manage Liverpool FC.

He is the man with one of the absolute BEST records in world football in the last few years, plus he was fundemental in helping us bring back home the cup that made us so prestigious and world famous, I will forever be grateful to him for that night in Istanbul....

Just look at the facts, it took Alex Ferguson 13 bloody years to win the European Champions League, and Rafa did it in his first year, with an average team and with NOTHING like Alex Ferguson's budget and time with the team.

You know managers Like Rafa, Mourinho, Capello etc are VERY special, and deserve LOTS of respect, because they've earned it on merit alone, whether you like their personalities or not.

So YES, in rafa we should trust, absolutely :bowdown why not? Give me a good reason?  :buttrock   :p
Drummerphil - our thoughts are with you
Liverpool 4 EVA
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Thu Sep 08, 2005 1:05 pm

Fans are supposed to judge managers, criticise sometimes etc, it is all part of the game. if every fan said we trust our manager, football would be boring.

We'd probably still have GH too if some on the site had their way, I don't think the Euro cup would be in there though.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 109-1093441336 » Thu Sep 08, 2005 4:12 pm

More worthless cups under GH.

Good luck to lyon in the CL.
109-1093441336

Postby The_Rock » Thu Sep 08, 2005 9:08 pm

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:??? Whats all this in Rafa we trust sh.it ???
We are not bluenoses and they say in Moyes they trust, this is not a liverpool fans statement, infact its really mingy.

have to agree with you there honey  :p

Many ppl here are not gonna like what i am going to say here....but here goes....

I support LFC...not rafa. i know he is the boss and all but taking stick is part & parcel of his job.... Yes rafa got us the big-one but houllier also got us the treble (for me...both were equally important). But that didn't make houllier invincible did it ?

As for the spanish contingent.......

It is not really an issue of nationality....but you can already see cliques being formed .....just look at the post-celebration/victory lap after the super cup victory (where was carra & cisse ?) i don't wanna imply anything here.

People mention about arsenal's french players.....well look at arsenal now. Viera left.....and henry is unhappy about this. He is thinking of leaving too. Now wenger has to make him captain so that he wouldn't leave. Cole mentioned last season there were tension between the french and the non-french players...do we want all this sh1t here ?

If rafa wants to buy more spanish players...then so be it..but he must make sure that they integrate with the rest of the squad, not the other way round.

i think that rafa is a great boss and all, but i can't help but feel he wants to get rid of all of houllier's signings. This is what some managers like to do (ie...martin jol is doing it now at spurs......souness did it to us when he was here).  But it is a very stupid thing to do. Even the physio (who was rated one of the best in england) left.

Before anyone comes defending rafa (ie...hyppia gets a lot of games, hamann signed an extension).... let me state that this is just what i think. Looking at how baros was treated and now cisse, this is what i can come up with. Letting baros go & thinking of letting cisse leave when morientes looks like an absolute flop is really shocking. When people here mention that morientes gets no service whatsoever....i can only smile. Yes, i agree the service is bad. But last season, the service was even worse :glare:

I don't think we will even see hamann, kewell, hyppia & risse here next season. Not that i would be really worried or anything.  As long as rafa brings in quality replacement, i will support him as i have mentioned above, i support LFC not rafa and not players.
Last edited by The_Rock on Thu Sep 08, 2005 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Thu Sep 08, 2005 9:26 pm

Hamann is a good player but he isn't going to be able to play for us every single year. He might want to go next season. Hyypia certainly hasn't produce the goods in the Premiership as he has in Europe. Kewell? Where the hell has he been? Riise has one good season and then two sh1t seasons followed.

Finnan,Carragher,Gerrard,Pongolle,etc.. were all Houllier's signings[well Gerrard and Carra came in through the academy] but he hasn't sold them now has he? So the theory of Benitez selling whatever player he didn't buy is bullocks and you know it.
Last edited by A.B. on Thu Sep 08, 2005 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby The_Rock » Thu Sep 08, 2005 9:32 pm

A.B. wrote:Finnan,Carragher,Gerrard,Pongolle,etc.. were all Houllier's signings[well Gerrard and Carra came in through the academy] but he hasn't sold them now has he? So the theory of Benitez selling whatever player he didn't buy is bullocks and you know it.

sori...i was wrong. here is the real list of players who i think won't be in anfield next season

finnan
pongolle
risse
ALT
kewell
hamann
hyppia
cisse

Like i said, i hope i am wrong. I really really hope i am wrong.
But this is what i think. But if rafa replaces them with quality players....then gr8.

Just wanna state this. I don't really care what rafa does, as long as the squad improves and the team performs on the pitch.
Last edited by The_Rock on Thu Sep 08, 2005 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion