Spanish contingent - Concern or promising?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Gaunt » Wed Sep 07, 2005 2:58 am

Just want to point out that Finnan is Irish not British Stoney.
Gaunt

Postby Fernando Morientes > 19 < » Wed Sep 07, 2005 6:42 am

7_Kewell wrote:Good point, i mean look at Arsenal and all their French players....complete disaster!  ???

They won the league with so many french players and why can't we do the same with our spanish players ???
"He is the player that Liverpool have been looking for." - Ian Rush
Fernando Morientes > 19 <
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1120597113 » Wed Sep 07, 2005 7:25 am

Gaunt wrote:Just want to point out that Finnan is Irish not British Stoney.

Yeah the paddys below the border have they're own idententy matey!! :D
66-1120597113

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Sep 07, 2005 7:34 am

jammydodger wrote:I posted this in another thread, but figured it probably didn't belong there

__

Is anyone else concerned, about the large spanish contingent we seem to be building at Liverpool?

Threads of this nature have been raised before so I will give you my stock answer .

I don't care if the manager signs a tribe of mud men from Papua New Guinea . If they're good enough to win stuff for LFC who cares where they're from.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby siti_zaiton1982 » Wed Sep 07, 2005 8:14 am

in Rafa we trusts !!

YNWA.
siti_zaiton1982
LFC Super Member

Postby muttleyp » Wed Sep 07, 2005 9:54 am

Agreed with most of the posts, aslong as the players we are signing are of good quality then where they come from shouldnt be an issue.
It would be nice to sign home grown talent, but only chelsea can afford the over inflated prices of the players.
So in Rafa we trust...
muttleyp

Postby Ciggy » Wed Sep 07, 2005 10:00 am

??? Whats all this in Rafa we trust sh.it ???
We are not bluenoses and they say in Moyes they trust, this is not a liverpool fans statement, infact its really mingy.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Espionage » Wed Sep 07, 2005 11:16 am

yes, i think that "in Rafa we trust" should be banned.
Blind faith is not going to get us anywhere
Espionage
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 109-1093441336 » Wed Sep 07, 2005 11:57 am

Sabre wrote:I'm Spanish and I don't like so many Spaniards in Liverpool. Not because they're Spaniards, that's irrelevant, but because not all of them are worth of playing in Liverpool F.C.

For the first time in all history, a foreign team is the one that provides most players to the Spanish Squad, that's Liverpool. And those are which are worth to play in Liverpool, Morientes, Xabi ALonso, Reina and Luis Garcia.

But I just didn't understand why Nuñez played last year or Josemi, for that matter, they're players who could play for Manchester City, but not for Liverpool, they're just average, and  there must be many players in England that are far better.

It's important that the players in a team understand the idiosincrasy (sp?) of the team, and if not, at least they must be bloody good.

Sabre

Sus palabras son de un inglés.

you dont want to be accused of being a xenophobe thats all.
109-1093441336

Postby Ace Ventura » Wed Sep 07, 2005 12:03 pm

This type of thread seems to crop up every couple of months and is always answered in the same way.
I would love Rafa to sign top English players...and i am sure he realises that bringing in english players is important, hence the signing of Crouch and not a similar player from Spain.
But as stated countless times if you want to buy English you pay over the odds.
We all would of loved SWP but at 21 million ?
He is not worth that, and only Chelsea will pay stupid money.
I am happyish with the transfer policy Rafa is adopting, some have been hit and some miss, but that is the same with everyone....even Mourinho (drogba, Kezman) and he reportedly turned down Et'o before he went to barca.
I am thinking now and tbh i cant think of many english players i would want at our club.
Can you lot ? And i mean ones that aren't regulars in the so called big 3 ?

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 109-1093441336 » Wed Sep 07, 2005 12:07 pm

the media dont help things.

Making out the CL was won by SG and Carra ONLY, deluding some into believing the same nonsense
109-1093441336

Postby Sabre » Wed Sep 07, 2005 1:27 pm

Sus palabras son de un inglés.

Yo diría que no es así :) Just a thought

you dont want to be accused of being a xenophobe thats all.

This has nothing to do with xenophobe, how could I possibly be xenophobe against my own country? I'm very proud that the things that my citymate Alonso was doing here are being appreciated there!

I'm talking about quality. If you want average players you could find them in England or even better, in the Liverpool's youth system. It's not xenophoby, it's that we have those facts:

* It's important to have good team communication, and this is more difficult with scattered players from around the world. I've seen pathetic scenes in Real Sociedad stadium, seeing my midfield trying to explain to a south Korean why his position was wrong (he was wandering about aimlesslY)

* It's important to understand the values of your crowd, and to have a feedback with them and in Spain those values are very different. A guy like Raul would never have the attitude you appreciate in Anfield Road.

But you can overlook the above points if you are very good like Xabi Alonso, Reina or Zinedine Zidane (no matter the country). But to pick an average, you'd best stick to the youth system, they'll "feel" the red shirt more.

Sabre
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 109-1093441336 » Wed Sep 07, 2005 1:40 pm

You pretend to be Spanish so that you dont look xenophobic.

As a Spaniard you should of known Nunez was brung without rafas want, because Real were unprepared to pay more than £8m. Dont you read Spanish press, like Marca or AS.

And your post had words like "bloody" this, "bloody" that.  Typical English slang terms, no Spaniard uses this language.

You dont fool me sunshine  :;):
109-1093441336

Postby Sabre » Wed Sep 07, 2005 1:47 pm

Te has pasado de listo niño, porque va a ser que soy bastante Español :)

I'm Ivan Ruiz Etxabe, Basque, and my national ID is 44129197V

Yes I like to learn english from natives rather than the english I was tought in school. I like to use bloody, as I like to use the scottish "aye" for yes. In school the kind of english they tought me was like "Oh, that's an Octopus" and when I went to Ireland for the first time I understood nothing. Nada de nada. Cero patatero. It took me about 1 month to actually understand what matters, how a language is actually spoken.

So, as I think the Monty Python said once

"You are Sherlock Holmes and I claim my five pounds"

And as a Spaniard, and as a football de primera watcher for 15 years, I can tell you Nuñez is NOBODY to us. People just was wondering what the hell he was doing in a team like Liverpool. Rafa must rely on him a lot we thought.

Reina was somebody in Villareal. Alonso has been the best player of Real Sociedad of the last decade, Luis Garcia, was ok in Barcelona, But Nuñez? come on :)

Sabre
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 109-1093441336 » Wed Sep 07, 2005 1:49 pm

What the name of Alonso's old Ground ? Clue, its not Real Socidad stadium, as you put it. :laugh:

By the Quickness of you reply i will know whether you have googled the answer or really know it.
109-1093441336

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion