South americans are better europeans - My opinion

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Marconi » Mon Dec 19, 2005 3:45 am

I've been reading some topics about São Paulo's victory over the Reds. I don't know really why should anyone here be disapointed with Liverpools defeat.

Firstly: No one really marks on Europe. Strikers usually have much more space to run than they would have in South America.

Why the Reds just say that they don't care about this match? It's because Europeans teams wants you to think that they are the best. While England has 4 big teams (Manchester, Liverpool, Chelsa, Arsenal), Brazil has more than 12 (Flamengo, Fluminense, Botafogo, Vasco, São Paulo, Palmeiras, Santos, Corinthians, Internacional, Gremio, Cruzeiro, Atlético PR, etc...). Ok, I know that it's mainly due Brazil's size, but You can't deny that Brazillian National Cup is much harder than English (Spanish, French) cup.

When it comes to the Continental scene (Libertadores da América), we have the great addition of teams of Argentina and Uruguay. I mean, it's as harder as UEFA's Cup.

Just answer: Why Europeans never give a damn for matches outside Europe?

If European football is so superior, why Europe has only 8 World Cups while weak South-America has 9?
Marconi

Postby GunGod » Mon Dec 19, 2005 3:51 am

Marconi wrote:If European football is so superior, why Europe has only 8 World Cups while weak South-America has 9?

Because most South American national team players play in European leagues?   :D

I think you just slapped yourself in the face.
GunGod

Postby Red black white » Mon Dec 19, 2005 3:54 am

That's a simple question. For us, it's the peak to beat an European team (specially the Champion's League winner). We had a good example today, when millions of São Paulo fans were on the street celebrating like mad people our third conquest of World Club Championship (I was one of them).
Why? Because we watch them on TV and we know that all big stars (not all good players, but almost all FAMOUS players) are playing for European teams. In contrast, they don't know anything about Brazilian league or South Americans (maybe Boca Juniors and now São Paulo). I think that's the reason why it's so important for us and not so important for them.

However, the most important thing is that Liverpool's players and coach took the match seriously, just like Barcelona and Milan did in 1992 and 1993, respectively. We could clearly see the disappointment in Gerrard's face. Although many Liverpool fans say it's not so important as Premier, I assure you that no one enjoyed the idea of coming back from Japan handless.

"They're big, they're strong", goes the São Paulo club anthem, and the words never seemed more appropriate[...]"FIFA.com
Red black white

Postby A.B. » Mon Dec 19, 2005 3:57 am

Firstly: No one really marks on Europe. Strikers usually have much more space to run than they would have in South America.

Err wrong. Watch the English Premiership, watch the better teams play one another. European competitions are however different.

Why the Reds just say that they don't care about this match? It's because Europeans teams wants you to think that they are the best.

No it's not that. It's because our league is the bussiest league in the world. While everyone else in Europe have winter breaks, English teams play 4 games in 8 days during the Holidays. Therefore we need our players to be injury free and in good condition. This trip was a bit far and thankfully we didn't have any injuries. But this tournament came in a wrong time for us.

We've already played more games than anyone else in Europe, 31 to be exact. We started playing in July due to CL qualifiers so we have been busy so far and this tournament didn't help matters.

Thats why we don't care for this tournament, we really do have other important things to worry about.

When it comes to the Continental scene (Libertadores da América), we have the great addition of teams of Argentina and Uruguay. I mean, it's as harder as UEFA's Cup.

UEFA Cup or UEFA Champions League? Yes you do have a great addition of teams in Copa Libertadores but take into consideration that South America is geographicaly bigger than Europe.

If European football is so superior, why Europe has only 8 World Cups while weak South-America has 9?

Like GunGod said, you've slapped yourself in the face. Most of good South American players play in Europe, play for teams who have good coaches and players that help them evolve as players. For instance Ronaldo was under a good coach at PSV and Barcelona [Bobby Robson], he probably influenced him to develop as a player.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby A.B. » Mon Dec 19, 2005 3:58 am

That's a simple question. For us, it's the peak to beat an European team (specially the Champion's League winner). We had a good example today, when millions of São Paulo fans were on the street celebrating like mad people our third conquest of World Club Championship (I was one of them).
Why? Because we watch them on TV and we know that all big stars (not all goof players, but almost all FAMOUS players) are playing for European teams. In contrast, they don't know anything about Brazilian league or South Americans (maybe Boca Juniors and now São Paulo). I think that's the reason why it's so important for us and not so important for them

Brazilian league is not broadcasted in many places around the world so therefore we can't know much about Brazilian teams where as European leagues are popular and are shown in Brazil.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Marconi » Mon Dec 19, 2005 4:09 am

GunGod wrote:
Marconi wrote:If European football is so superior, why Europe has only 8 World Cups while weak South-America has 9?

Because most South American national team players play in European leagues?   :D

Er... 8 of theese World Cup Titles were before 98. Every single South American team had mainly players who played here (South America)

Ot was only after 94 Championship that Brazillians players began to play in Europe.

94 - As I remember, only Romario, Aldair and Mauro Silva were playing in Europe)

70 - 62 - 58 All players were from Brazil...

I'm pretty sure I just slapped yourself in the face ;)
Marconi

Postby A.B. » Mon Dec 19, 2005 4:22 am

I've already answered your ''Why don't we care about the match'' question. I think it's a reasonable answer, you wanted an answer and one has been given to you. Now please got to a Sao Paulo forum and stay there.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby DZed » Mon Dec 19, 2005 4:31 am

To say São Paulo is better than Liverpool is simply ridiculous. You won the game by your only real chance of the game. Aside from that goal, Liverpool outclassed and dominated São Paulo the entire game. We just unfortunate not to score. 9 time out of 10 this game would have ended in a drubbing of São Paulo.
DZed

Postby Lando_Griffin » Mon Dec 19, 2005 4:57 am

There is a whole debate about why Brazil and other South American countries produce such talented players.
1.) The training techniques used from an early age (smaller skills ball),
2.) The natural development of certain nations due to climate and overall weather conditions
3.) The views of a country on kids and football, and
4.) Social barriers to football.

I have narrowed what I believe to be the answers down to these 4 points.
(For the sake of this, I have created the following scenario:)

Two players are exactly the same at age 5, regarding persona, ability, etc.
Player A is sent to Brazil, player B to England. They remain in their respective countries until the age of 18.

1.) It is widely appreciated that the Brazilian's play from a very early age barefoot, and using a much smaller, less-responsive ball which build's their skills massively. By the time they are able to juggle these balls, they move up to a standard size 5. English kids use size 4/5 balls in general.
In comparison, it's like British kids playing with a perfectly weighted beachball. This means there is more ball to aim at, and having honed their skills, they have a greater technique without greater effort. This is all about perception.

2.) Disregarding injuries, etc, player A will play more football over 10 years living in Brazil that player B will in England.
Natural weather conditions will dictate that.

3.) Player A will no doubt learn his trade on the beach in a relaxed atmosphere competing against better, older players, which increases control and physical strength.

Player B will be picked for a Sunday team and be encouraged to hoof the ball upfield, and crunch-tackle the opponents best player. He will be asked to stifle his flair in order to win a match.

Player A will be encouraged by all the adults around him, with school and other interests falling a poor second to the money-tree of football. He will be expected to show off his skills.

Player B will have the weight of Parents, teachers, and Government placing far greater emphasis on Schooling. (Quite rightly, too.) Football will be a part-time persuit, with homework and detentions getting in the way of matches/training. Not even P.E. is dedicated to football, with pathetic track and field events and egg and spoon races being the fad of the day.

4.) Aside from all of the Parental/schooling issues player B has faced, he must also contend with distractions such as other sports, friend's who would prefer to get high than improve their ball skills, alcohol and girls.
Player A has a very limited stock of sports to choose from, virtually all his friends will share his passion for football, and alcohol isn't as available to youngsters in Brazil. The only common distraction is girls.

I realise that this is a very rushed explaination, that it's late and I have had a few drinks.
But I genuinely feel that these points go some way to explaining the greater technical ability of the Brazilian's and their neighbours.
Last edited by Lando_Griffin on Mon Dec 19, 2005 4:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby darwisigila » Mon Dec 19, 2005 4:57 am

south american fan are feeling inferior coz their league are not well known and supported around the world like european league..u feel its not fair coz u are the best, the talented, the gifted when comes to football. u are the fecking god of football.

But lets face the facts...european football are followed around the world...african, asian, middle east, anywhere..coz all the best players and coach are ply their skill there. i bet people in india know what color fergie or benitez wore last week than which team at the top in brazilian league ( the best league in the world )

Maybe brazilian fan want can ask uefa to scrap CL and stage another competition ( World Champion League) where south american teams can join. ( only champion, runner up and third place allowed to compete.)
darwisigila

Postby Lionzz » Mon Dec 19, 2005 5:08 am

GunGod wrote:

But our players today will be your idols tomorrow.... So we're always one ste ahead of you...

I think I just slapped you in the face
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-
TRIcolor - O MELHOR TIME DO MUNDO!!!!!!!!!!!
ImageImageImage
Lionzz

Postby Lando_Griffin » Mon Dec 19, 2005 5:12 am

Ofcourse my theory doesn't lend itself to the brilliant modesty of the Brazilian's on here!!!!! :D  :no

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Tricolor » Mon Dec 19, 2005 6:06 am

se acham os melhores, seus merdas!!!

se fuderam!!!

Chupa inglesada de merda!!!!

São Paulo, melhor do mundo

América do Sul, terra do futebol!!!!
Tricolor

Postby darwisigila » Mon Dec 19, 2005 6:46 am

SOUTH AMERICAN WOMEN IS BETTER........KOPEK DISC IS BIGGER AND CEKPIK IS SMELLY...
darwisigila

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Mon Dec 19, 2005 9:08 am

se acham os melhores, seus merdas!!!

se fuderam!!!

Chupa inglesada de merda!!!!

São Paulo, melhor do mundo

América do Sul, terra do futebol!!!!

AGAIN !!! SON THIS PLACE IS NOT FOR YOU.... GET OUT !!!
LiverpoolMadman

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion