Sociedad fans demo against sale of alonso. - Supporters & players angered.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby spiralstairs00 » Sat Sep 04, 2004 8:27 am

Reports on yesterdays tribalfootball.com allege that supporters rallied against the Real Sociedad board over the sale of Liverpool new boy Xabi Alonso. Also several players were dismayed over the fact he was transfered for only £10 million when some suggested he was worth more in the regon of £16-20 million! If these reports are fact then Liverpool could have a truly exciting prospect playing in our red jursey weel in week out.
spiralstairs00

Postby Ciggy » Sat Sep 04, 2004 8:29 am

he played well last night nearly scored for spain im glad there was a power failure because them jocks were bootin sh#te out of the spanish team who knows we could have had another injury ???
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Sat Sep 04, 2004 9:05 am

After the Owen deal the Real S fans should get the balance off  Real M
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Sat Sep 04, 2004 9:28 am

Alonso.. is supposed to be better than Gerrard.... that says it all really... Benitez ..good business :)
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mynameisred » Sat Sep 04, 2004 11:38 am

Better than Gerrard, then why did he say he was in awe of him in training. From what I understand he is going to be a less of a powerhouse than Stevie but has the intelligence and range of a Cruyff. Once he gets used to the physical nature and adapts we could indeed have found ourselves a very special player and the combo of them both in the middle is starting to make me drool. Its a bit early to compare him to Stevie G tho IMO.
The man who came to merseyside from Newcastle, the man who says he's part of Liverpool as much as the Liver building. When he was needed Alan Kennedy was there. And with now just 8 minutes to go it could be that Alan Kennedy has made a little history.
mynameisred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby gerrard_steven » Sat Sep 04, 2004 12:11 pm

no 1 midfielder compares to gerrard, the only players whose remotely any where near him is vieira, and maybe appiah! U carnt ompare to the likes of zidane becuase zidane is one minded, hes got the flair the skill but has he got the crucnching tackles stevie has can he drive a team forard like he can thats y not many central midfielders
gerrard_steven

Postby 106-1093504160 » Sat Sep 04, 2004 12:46 pm

after seeing alonso against bolton, i do feel he is a great buy.

what the position on Cortez coming to liverpool, has anyone heard anything?
106-1093504160

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sat Sep 04, 2004 12:58 pm

Vieira is a better player than Gerrard.

Gerrard has alot of drive and power but lacks the intelligence of Vieira.
115-1073096938

Postby 106-1093504160 » Sat Sep 04, 2004 1:05 pm

vieira and gerrard may play in the same part of the field, but comparing the two is not right. both players bring different aspects to the beautiful game. one being better than the other is a matter of opinion. And everyone has their opinion. in other words Vieira lacks drive and power, plus he uses his arms to smack folk in the face. thats just my opinion
106-1093504160

Postby laza » Sat Sep 04, 2004 1:13 pm

Comparsions between the two should also take into account that Viera does have four years on Stevie G.
It will be interesting to see what sort of player Stevie G when he is 28
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 106-1093504160 » Sat Sep 04, 2004 1:22 pm

true laza, true
106-1093504160

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sat Sep 04, 2004 1:36 pm

vieira and gerrard may play in the same part of the field, but comparing the two is not right. both players bring different aspects to the beautiful game. one being better than the other is a matter of opinion. And everyone has their opinion. in other words Vieira lacks drive and power, plus he uses his arms to smack folk in the face. thats just my opinion

Right so its a matter of opinion? Ok, well in my opinion i'm a better player than Steven Gerrard... hows that for an opinion?

Get real lad.

The facts are there weather certain people can see them or not Vieira is better than Gerrard in practically every aspect of the game with maybe the exception of shooting, dribbling and acceleration.

Arsenal don't finish top of the league because IN WENGERS OPINION Arsenal are a good side with great players. Arsenal finish top because they ARE a great side with great players.

Teams don't win games down to opinion, they win games down to doing things and being better at things than other teams.
115-1073096938

Postby XSD » Sat Sep 04, 2004 2:33 pm

judge wrote:after seeing alonso against bolton, i do feel he is a great buy.

erm, the transfer window has closed?
XSD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Sun Sep 05, 2004 3:09 pm

judge wrote:after seeing alonso against bolton, i do feel he is a great buy.

Which part of transfer window do you not understand?
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Sun Sep 05, 2004 3:29 pm

mynameisred wrote:Better than Gerrard, then why did he say he was in awe of him in training. From what I understand he is going to be a less of a powerhouse than Stevie but has the intelligence and range of a Cruyff. Once he gets used to the physical nature and adapts we could indeed have found ourselves a very special player and the combo of them both in the middle is starting to make me drool. Its a bit early to compare him to Stevie G tho IMO.

in awe.. complimenting a new colleague is not a new thing.. besides... Alonso is a good buy.. that is not in question... He and gerrads can be awesome potentially
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion