Sociedad fans demo against sale of alonso. - Supporters & players angered.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Redrider » Sun Sep 05, 2004 4:26 pm

How about this for an Armagedon Scenario:
Real Madrid did not move for Alonso, when they lost the signature of the Arsenal man, because they are sure to capture Stevie G. at the end of the Season. Perhaps the deal is already done and that's why we were allowed to sign Alonso un-challenged.    Hope Not.   :;):
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby Redrider » Mon Sep 06, 2004 5:18 pm

Armageddon is on its way. Madrid have started their 'mind games' already, under the guise of 'sources in Spain say'. Our only hope is that Beni, knows the right people in Spain to counter the Madrid machine, otherwise SG. 2005 Galactico.  :(  :(
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby Gunnar Vals » Mon Sep 06, 2004 9:04 pm

I would rather have Gerrard then Vieira! I think Gerrard is better + he is younger. Vieira is one of the biggest a** I've ever seen on a football field!!
Gunnar Vals

Postby A.B. » Mon Sep 06, 2004 9:27 pm

Its funny how people believe in speculation so quickly.

-How much would Real offer Gerrard? I mean Gerrard did turn down 40 million deal with Chelsea would Gerrard go for anything less than that?
-Also Gerrard said that there were other clubs interested in him other than Chelsea, perhaps Real was one of them who couldn't give a good enough price for Stevie G.
-He is cup tied, why would Real want him?
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby jim_morrison_supported_liverpool » Mon Sep 06, 2004 9:38 pm

stu_the_red wrote:
vieira and gerrard may play in the same part of the field, but comparing the two is not right. both players bring different aspects to the beautiful game. one being better than the other is a matter of opinion. And everyone has their opinion. in other words Vieira lacks drive and power, plus he uses his arms to smack folk in the face. thats just my opinion

Right so its a matter of opinion? Ok, well in my opinion i'm a better player than Steven Gerrard... hows that for an opinion?

Get real lad.

The facts are there weather certain people can see them or not Vieira is better than Gerrard in practically every aspect of the game with maybe the exception of shooting, dribbling and acceleration.

Arsenal don't finish top of the league because IN WENGERS OPINION Arsenal are a good side with great players. Arsenal finish top because they ARE a great side with great players.

Teams don't win games down to opinion, they win games down to doing things and being better at things than other teams.

stu you dont half chat sh** sumtimes.

you seem to have a pigeon hole for everything, and football just isnt like that. if you really Wanted to get analytical, would you say that viera's extra inteligence makes up for what he hasnt got that stevie has?
all these "aspects of the game" that you talk about mean f*** all really. you talk about players like they're robots or something. players form is always rising and falling, in EVERY ASPECT OF THEIR GAME. it is not a fixed constant, and all those things that vieira might be better at, what do they actually add up to in terms of him of him being so superior to gerrard?  yes he is a great player but the few things gerrard is briiliant at make a player who has more of an impact.

how can you say that vieira is better at passing than gerrard?

the few things  that gerrard is better at does more to influence the whole team/game. i dont care what you say but vieira would not have been able to do what gerrard done for liverpool last season, (if he played for us). he just isnt that type of player. stevie can play amazin even in an average team.

to be honest its a toss up who's better.i'm not denyin vieira's class, but stu your method of analysin all these "aspects of the game" reminds me of top trumps or something. footballers are human beings not robots.
its not the chilli sauce on kebabs that give you ring-sting, its the actual meat. had one without chilli, and still had ring-sting. the chilli's only there to mask the nonsense they stuff inside that bread.
jim_morrison_supported_liverpool
LFC Super Member

Postby who the hell is diarra » Mon Sep 06, 2004 10:29 pm

judge wrote:after seeing alonso against bolton, i do feel he is a great buy.

what the position on Cortez coming to liverpool, has anyone heard anything?

Cortez didn't he pillage the Aztecs  ???   :D   :p   ???
Always Look on the bright side of life
der der ........der der der der der

Drummerphil You'll never walk alone
who the hell is diarra
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby San Sebastian » Mon Sep 06, 2004 11:40 pm

Yes Alnso is a good buy. You´ll see, long, short passes...
We´ll miss him. He was the pearl.
I´m joking, he is lazy, doesn´t know that the ball is round... The good one is his brother :p
San Sebastian

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion