So what if ? - How would you spend the cash?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Lando_Griffin » Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:08 pm

CharmlessMan wrote:
bavlondon wrote:You change your mind every 5 mins Charmless man. We had already qualified and been assured top spot. Rafa could have alos been resting the big players to avoid unexpected injuried yet you class this as disrespectful.

Better than being a Londoner supporting a Northern team, :censored: you :censored:, There's only one STR, only one STR.  :D

I'm logging out of this forum, it's full of London based :censored: like you or bastids from Belfast or :censored: from Canada, this is the worst forum anyone could join.

Bibble.

F*ck off then, chimp.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:28 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:
CharmlessMan wrote:
bavlondon wrote:You change your mind every 5 mins Charmless man. We had already qualified and been assured top spot. Rafa could have alos been resting the big players to avoid unexpected injuried yet you class this as disrespectful.

Better than being a Londoner supporting a Northern team, :censored: you :censored:, There's only one STR, only one STR.  :D

I'm logging out of this forum, it's full of London based :censored: like you or bastids from Belfast or :censored: from Canada, this is the worst forum anyone could join.

Bibble.

F*ck off then, chimp.

I blame Bav and badbob for his going off in a huff

Thanks lads  :D
account deleted by request

Postby tubby » Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:35 pm

s@int wrote:
Lando_Griffin wrote:
CharmlessMan wrote:

Bibble.

F*ck off then, chimp.

I blame Bav and badbob for his going off in a huff

Thanks lads  :D

No worries mate. Any time.  :D

I was making a valid point though.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 83-1165214211 » Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:53 pm

inglis5 wrote:
CharmlessMan wrote:

Anyway back to the topic  :D

Who should we buy?

Right Back (priority) - Alves / Richards
Centre Back - King / Upson
Left Back - Baines / Cicinho
Midfield - van der Vaart / Nolan / Barnes
Centre Forward - Huntelaar

What do you think?  ???

I think yes.... what about you? :D
83-1165214211

Postby inglis5 » Thu Dec 07, 2006 11:29 pm

STR_18+5 wrote:

Who should we buy?

What do you think?  ???

Comic genius and a rapier like wit... not related to Oscar Wilde are you?  :bowdown
inglis5

Postby 67-1161385641 » Thu Dec 07, 2006 11:32 pm

inglis5 wrote:
STR_18 wrote:

Who should we buy?

What do you think?  ???

Comic genius and a rapier like wit... not related to Oscar Wilde are you?  :bowdown

He's been dpne up his rectum by Oscar though.  It must run in the family.  :D
67-1161385641

Postby Rush Job » Thu Dec 07, 2006 11:56 pm

CharmlessMan wrote:He's been dpne up his rectum by Oscar though.  It must run in the family.  :D

Did you forget your coat :nod
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Fri Dec 08, 2006 12:05 am

CharmlessMan wrote:Richardson is a going to be a very good player, the same for Darren Fletcher, Ben Foster on loan at Watford looks like a very promising prospect for the future, United are still producing good, quality youngsters. Of course they aren't producing as much as they once did at this current period of time, but the youngsters they have got at the moment are doing the business, hence why they are the top of the table.

As for your second question, you raise good points, but there were a fair few games in which we could have played youngsters this season and more so last season. We had the World Club Championship to field youth etc. We could also mix youth with experience in some other matches against the likes of Watford, Sheff United in the league that we could play youth etc. You don't play a weaker side in the Champions League, that's a fundamental fact, isn't it funny how you only pick certain parts of my posts apart, what's wrong with the other chunks you didn't quote in Bold?

Richardson's rubbish.  Fletcher's worse.  The Mancs are so thin on the ground that they are fecked if 1 or 2 of their best 11 needs treatment for more than a fortnight.  Oh, and their 'vaunted' (by you) youth have contributed sweet feck all to their form this season...just ask Southend.

As for your other point about our youth, I would first suggest that you are the only Liverpool fan who thinks we thumbed our nose at the Champions League by playing the young lads.  Your "fundamental fact" has been manufactured by you and is subscribed to by you alone.  The rest of us consider a dead rubber CL match to be an ideal chance for a run out for some exciting young prospects.  But, then, you turn around and suggest that the kids should have played in the World Club Championships, which would have been disrespectful and got Blatter's knickers in a twist....which is agro that Rafa didn't need.  And, playing the kids against Sheffield United on the first game of the season is hardly a statement of intent, is it?  Oh, and we haven't even played Watford yet so how can you bash Rafa for not playing the youngsters?

Oasis, you and I know that your whole post was bollox but we Canadians are busy people and, in the name of efficiency, I chose only to address those points that truly raised the bar on rubbish posts by annoying wind-bags.  Ta!  :rasp
Last edited by Bad Bob on Fri Dec 08, 2006 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Fri Dec 08, 2006 10:26 am

RedBlood wrote:REG  it was you who started ranting and raving
this is a what if we get the cash thread

so if you dont wanna play take your ball home

actually no ill put it better for you :  fu..ck off

Thats the problem isnt it, if you dont like a response rather than actually using logic and intelligence to put your point across you become abusive.

Both very childish and diminishes the value and purpose of the forum. Sad but I guess thats the problem with education today.

:sleep  :sleep  :sleep
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Effes » Fri Dec 08, 2006 3:07 pm

The bookies have responded to our possible buyout:

From the Racing Post:

Sheikh Mohammed has not even taken control of Liverpool and already punters are piling on him to deliver the cash to help the Reds win next season’s Premiership.

Boylesports originally offered Liverpool at 10-1 to claim their first title since 1990, but they reported a £10,000 punt and slashed theMerseysiders side to 11-2.

That is still top price at this early stage, with Betfred and Hills giving Rafael Benitez’s side a defensive 9-2 quote in the belief the sheikh’s billions could turn them into serious contenders.

Liverpool are currently 16 points behind leaders Manchester
United, yet even at just 9-2, Hills have reported plenty of business.

Spokesman Graham Sharpe said: “It would be healthy for the whole game if next season could be a three or four horse race for the title.”

Betfred clearly expect the powerful horseracing owner to splash the cash. Liverpool are 1-4 to break their £14m transfer record in 2007 and 8-11 to spend more than Chelsea next year.

Chelsea kicked-off this campaign as 4-9 shots, yet they can be backed at 10-11 next term and the big losers could be Arsenal, who don’t have the funds of their rivals and are 10-1 to win next season’s title.

Betfred – Liverpool specials: 1-4 break transfer record (currently £14m) in 2007, 8-11 spend more than Chelsea in 2007, 9-2 Liverpool win 2007-08 Premiership.

2007-08 Premiership – Boyles: 4-6 Chelsea, 5-2 Man Utd, 11-2 Liverpool, 7 Arsenal, 150 Totteham, 500 bar; Hills: 10-11 Chelsea, 2 Man Utd, 9-2 Liverpool, 10 Arsenal, others on request.

Interesting to see 1-4 for spending more than £14M on a player?
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby peterc1992 » Fri Dec 08, 2006 3:40 pm

Selling sami hyypia is madness,he is getting on a bit but i think that he has been such a loyal player tht we should keep him to the end of his career,players that we sould get rid of:

Aurelio
Warnock: because we have insua now or watever his name ois the new fella from south america
emlyn hughes:"liverpool are magic,everton are tragic"
peterc1992
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Fri Dec 08, 2006 6:29 pm

Bad Bob wrote:
CharmlessMan wrote:Richardson is a going to be a very good player, the same for Darren Fletcher, Ben Foster on loan at Watford looks like a very promising prospect for the future, United are still producing good, quality youngsters. Of course they aren't producing as much as they once did at this current period of time, but the youngsters they have got at the moment are doing the business, hence why they are the top of the table.

As for your second question, you raise good points, but there were a fair few games in which we could have played youngsters this season and more so last season. We had the World Club Championship to field youth etc. We could also mix youth with experience in some other matches against the likes of Watford, Sheff United in the league that we could play youth etc. You don't play a weaker side in the Champions League, that's a fundamental fact, isn't it funny how you only pick certain parts of my posts apart, what's wrong with the other chunks you didn't quote in Bold?

Richardson's rubbish.  Fletcher's worse.  The Mancs are so thin on the ground that they are fecked if 1 or 2 of their best 11 needs treatment for more than a fortnight.  Oh, and their 'vaunted' (by you) youth have contributed sweet feck all to their form this season...just ask Southend.

As for your other point about our youth, I would first suggest that you are the only Liverpool fan who thinks we thumbed our nose at the Champions League by playing the young lads.  Your "fundamental fact" has been manufactured by you and is subscribed to by you alone.  The rest of us consider a dead rubber CL match to be an ideal chance for a run out for some exciting young prospects.  But, then, you turn around and suggest that the kids should have played in the World Club Championships, which would have been disrespectful and got Blatter's knickers in a twist....which is agro that Rafa didn't need.  And, playing the kids against Sheffield United on the first game of the season is hardly a statement of intent, is it?  Oh, and we haven't even played Watford yet so how can you bash Rafa for not playing the youngsters?

Oasis, you and I know that your whole post was bollox but we Canadians are busy people and, in the name of efficiency, I chose only to address those points that truly raised the bar on rubbish posts by annoying wind-bags.  Ta!  :rasp

Oasis > ??? Ha ha i thought so.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby destro » Fri Dec 08, 2006 6:32 pm

CharmlessMan wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:
CharmlessMan wrote:I can't see us winning the league; I had the utmost optimism until we got trounced by Arsenal. That said it’s not impossible for us to win the league, if we play well and win matches we can win the league or at least close the gap considerably from which currently separates us from Chelsea and United. Hopefully we can build on the Wigan away match and carry that on in our away games. I think its debatable saying that we have good enough players to win us the league, I think we are one or two players off from making the transition from being a good team to a very good team.  Hopefully we’ll have more money behind us so that Rafa can buy his first choice players and not having to resort to buying bulk up the squad with second tier players.  I don’t think anyone with a brain is saying lets go out and buy hordes of good players for expensive prices,  only the Football Manager addicts are suggesting this, but who listens to these people?  Man Utd have managed to gel their youngsters into the first team relatively well, like what Arsenal are doing (through being forced to) and this will pay off for them in a few years time. Arsene Wenger and Ferguson are great at moulding new talent into their squads, Fergie’s made a career of doing it Wenger is about to follow suit. Sadly we don’t have too many bright sparks in our youth system by the looks of things and even if we have Rafa isn’t playing them on a regular basis, he’d rather play Zenden in the middle than say Guthrie or Peltier.

Two questions for you:

1) What young talent are you speaking of at Man Yoo?  Beyond Rooney and Ronaldo, they've got precious little in the way of exciting young prospects coming through the ranks so I'd hardly hold them up as the model for youth development in their current form.

2) How can you complain that Rafa doesn't play our young talent in this post after criticizing him for doing just that against Galatasaray the other night?  He played the young'uns and you interpreted that as some major display of disrespect for the greatest competition in football.  You cannot have it both ways.

Richardson is a going to be a very good player, the same for Darren Fletcher, Ben Foster on loan at Watford looks like a very promising prospect for the future, United are still producing good, quality youngsters. Of course they aren't producing as much as they once did at this current period of time, but the youngsters they have got at the moment are doing the business, hence why they are the top of the table.

Not one to get into a kiddy fight over the net but...... for some people it was the end of the world when we scraped a draw against sheff utd with our first team players ? the same people would of been burning efigies ( spelling ?) of rafa had we played youth team players and LOST !!
destro

Postby RedBlood » Fri Dec 08, 2006 11:23 pm

REG again u started the ranting this started as a what if we get the money forum and u came on like a bell-end saying: ''what money?what friggin money? im a gayboy and i think im a professor!''
so why dont u take ur educated a.ss to some boring politics forum gayboy
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby Bad Bob » Fri Dec 08, 2006 11:26 pm

RedBlood wrote:REG again u started the ranting this started as a what if we get the money forum and u came on like a bell-end saying: ''what money?what friggin money? im a gayboy and i think im a professor!''
so why dont u take ur educated a.ss to some boring politics forum gayboy

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I'm not getting in the middle of this one (I've had enough spats in this thread) and no disrespect to Reg, but this post is feckin' hilarious!  :kungfu:
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion