So what if ? - How would you spend the cash?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby jkop » Thu Dec 07, 2006 6:59 pm

CharmlessMan wrote:
bavlondon wrote:You change your mind every 5 mins Charmless man. We had already qualified and been assured top spot. Rafa could have alos been resting the big players to avoid unexpected injuried yet you class this as disrespectful.

Better than being a Londoner supporting a Northern team, :censored: you :censored:, There's only one STR, only one STR.  :D

I'm logging out of this forum, it's full of London based :censored: like you or bastids from Belfast or :censored: from Canada, this is the worst forum anyone could join.

Now Now CharmlessMan i thought better of you. Im from Belfast and i know my father, if your upset with someone take it out on them not the rest of us. :Oo:
Were not Brazil were Norn Iron.
          Faugh a Ballagh.
                YNWA
        Healy......Healy !!!!!
jkop
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Loyalist » Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:02 pm

I'm new to this site, so here goes.  I know Liverpool have a debt to pay.  I haven't heard a number, so what is the amount.  Thanks.  Come on the Reds even though we sometimes wear yellow.:)
Loyalist

Postby red37 » Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:02 pm

Loyalist wrote:I'm new to this site, so here goes.  I know Liverpool have a debt to pay.  I haven't heard a number, so what is the amount.  Thanks.  Come on the Reds even though we sometimes wear yellow.:)

80 mill. by all accounts...welcome

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby inglis5 » Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:03 pm

Loyalist wrote:I'm new to this site, so here goes.  I know Liverpool have a debt to pay.  I haven't heard a number, so what is the amount.  Thanks.  Come on the Reds even though we sometimes wear yellow.:)

£80 million debt & £200 million for the new stadium.
inglis5

Postby inglis5 » Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:05 pm

inglis5 wrote:

£80 million debt & £200 million for the new stadium.

Sorry... welcome also : )
inglis5

Postby Loyalist » Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:11 pm

Didn't know it was that high, but then the previous manager did spend over a 100 million on a socalled squad that would challenge for the league. :)
Last edited by Loyalist on Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Loyalist

Postby jkop » Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:26 pm

Alright Loyalist happy posting. :D
Were not Brazil were Norn Iron.
          Faugh a Ballagh.
                YNWA
        Healy......Healy !!!!!
jkop
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby inglis5 » Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:34 pm

inglis5 wrote:
Anyway back to the topic  :D

Who should we buy?

Right Back (priority) - Alves / Richards
Centre Back - King / Upson
Left Back - Baines / Cicinho
Midfield - van der Vaart / Nolan / Barnes
Centre Forward - Huntelaar

What do you think?  ???

Looks like Alves is signing an extension to his contract -

http://www.eurosport.com/footbal....5.shtml

Richards it is then for Right Back  :D
inglis5

Postby welsh wizzard » Thu Dec 07, 2006 8:03 pm

Why Upson come on we can do better than that!!

We have carra and Aggar. They will be the top 2 for next few years. Palleta not sure yet. Hyppia yeah i think he has another couple of seasons in him yet. He would be a great person to learn from. Also would be a great player to have covering from the bench. Great pro!! But would love us to sign Richards and that welsh lad from Southampton Baines. Looks a very very promising player. Alves would be a great winger. If not like the idea again of Simao. He looked good other night. With Rafa being a massive fan of David Villa if he has the money i think he would go for him. We have Gonzalles  he may come good next season, but Kewell like i said before he is finished here, will never rediscover his form. Has had to many injurys. Makes Darren Anderton look like he played week in week out. Cicinho yeah great player.  Also Kevin Nolan would be a great player for us typical top premiership midfield player, experianced in the division...
welsh wizzard
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1120597113 » Thu Dec 07, 2006 8:04 pm

CharmlessMan wrote:
bavlondon wrote:You change your mind every 5 mins Charmless man. We had already qualified and been assured top spot. Rafa could have alos been resting the big players to avoid unexpected injuried yet you class this as disrespectful.

Better than being a Londoner supporting a Northern team, :censored: you :censored:, There's only one STR, only one STR.  :D

I'm logging out of this forum, it's full of London based :censored: like you or bastids from Belfast or :censored: from Canada, this is the worst forum anyone could join.

Best news in ages!

:censored: O.FF then!
66-1120597113

Postby inglis5 » Thu Dec 07, 2006 8:13 pm

welsh wizzard wrote:Why Upson come on we can do better than that!!

Why Upson?

* Proven quality at Premiership level.
* Good in the air & and good on the ball.
* He's English.
* Not going to cost the more than £3 million.
* Would come on the understanding that he won't be guaranteed a first team place.
* Another quality centre half would allow Agger or Carragher to be moved around if either got full-back got injured.

Could we do better than that?

Yes.... Ledley King but then who do you leave out? (discounting the idea that we play 3-5-2)
inglis5

Postby welsh wizzard » Thu Dec 07, 2006 8:38 pm

To be honest i would like us to play 3.5.2 in an attacking formation. To play richards at back with aggar and carra. Hyypia to use when needed also if we played 4 at back Richards used as a right back etc. Upson is a good player but not good enough to play for Liverpool. Dawson at spurs, neil at Blackburn upson they are all the same good players but not good enough for Liverpool. We want players in the mould of Richards, even Anton Ferdinand they are both super players, i know where your coming from Upson as a good back up player, but ferdinand would fit into that mould as well and would still relish a chance as a squad player at the reds.

Team 2007/08
                               Reina
           richards           aggar          carra

alves             alonso             sissoko              cicinho/albeda

Gerrard
                   kuite                    villa
others
carson
Finnan
Hyppia
hobbs
baines
nolan
Gonzales
crouch
bellamy
anderson
guthrie
                    even   2nd team looks good
                                carson
finnan             hyypia              hobbs                 baines

anderson             nolan             guthrie             gonzales

bellamy            crouch
welsh wizzard
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Thu Dec 07, 2006 8:47 pm

CharmlessMan wrote:
bavlondon wrote:
CharmlessMan wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:
CharmlessMan wrote:I can't see us winning the league; I had the utmost optimism until we got trounced by Arsenal. That said it’s not impossible for us to win the league, if we play well and win matches we can win the league or at least close the gap considerably from which currently separates us from Chelsea and United. Hopefully we can build on the Wigan away match and carry that on in our away games. I think its debatable saying that we have good enough players to win us the league, I think we are one or two players off from making the transition from being a good team to a very good team.  Hopefully we’ll have more money behind us so that Rafa can buy his first choice players and not having to resort to buying bulk up the squad with second tier players.  I don’t think anyone with a brain is saying lets go out and buy hordes of good players for expensive prices,  only the Football Manager addicts are suggesting this, but who listens to these people?  Man Utd have managed to gel their youngsters into the first team relatively well, like what Arsenal are doing (through being forced to) and this will pay off for them in a few years time. Arsene Wenger and Ferguson are great at moulding new talent into their squads, Fergie’s made a career of doing it Wenger is about to follow suit. Sadly we don’t have too many bright sparks in our youth system by the looks of things and even if we have Rafa isn’t playing them on a regular basis, he’d rather play Zenden in the middle than say Guthrie or Peltier.

Two questions for you:

1) What young talent are you speaking of at Man Yoo?  Beyond Rooney and Ronaldo, they've got precious little in the way of exciting young prospects coming through the ranks so I'd hardly hold them up as the model for youth development in their current form.

2) How can you complain that Rafa doesn't play our young talent in this post after criticizing him for doing just that against Galatasaray the other night?  He played the young'uns and you interpreted that as some major display of disrespect for the greatest competition in football.  You cannot have it both ways.

Richardson is a going to be a very good player, the same for Darren Fletcher, Ben Foster on loan at Watford looks like a very promising prospect for the future, United are still producing good, quality youngsters. Of course they aren't producing as much as they once did at this current period of time, but the youngsters they have got at the moment are doing the business, hence why they are the top of the table.

As for your second question, you raise good points, but there were a fair few games in which we could have played youngsters this season and more so last season. We had the World Club Championship to field youth etc. We could also mix youth with experience in some other matches against the likes of Watford, Sheff United in the league that we could play youth etc. You don't play a weaker side in the Champions League, that's a fundamental fact, isn't it funny how you only pick certain parts of my posts apart, what's wrong with the other chunks you didn't quote in Bold?

I think we can all agree on here that Roy Keane was one of the best midfielders in Europe in his prime?

Ok so remember when he lashed out at everyone. Incase youve forgottenCharmlessman herers what he said about your precious Man Utd youth.

On Richardson "Hes the worst left back ive ever seen"

On Darren Fletcher "I cant see why everyone in Scotland raves on about Darren Flether"

Mate your views are deluded. Seriously. One thing we are yet to see at Anfield is to see a youth member of Benitez's era break through and make an impact. I cant comment on who that may be as I havent seen them in action enough but id like to see Anderson, Guthrie and El Zahri come through.

Oh yes, lets listen to Roy Keane, for starters Richardson is a left midfielder and Darren Fletcher is a good player, if he wasn't he wouldn't be in the United team. Good job playing the "you must be a Manc for praising your rivals youth players", yet you call me sad, :censored: off and support your local team, I ain't surprised Stu can't stand you, you're posts are :censored:, you represent everything wrong with the modern day football fan.

Actually hes only playing in that positon for the last year or so. He started as  left back.

Its supporters like you that give the club a bad name making genralistic comments on a persons knowledge on a subject based on where they reside.

You really must be either a retard or a kid.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Thu Dec 07, 2006 8:48 pm

And btw mae and stu have settled our differences lol
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby inglis5 » Thu Dec 07, 2006 8:50 pm

Ferdinand is a good shout - good player but again, would he play instead of Carrager or Agger? Completely understand what you're saying about Upson but I still think he'd be a good addition to the squad - as would Dawson and Neill.

It sounds stupid but I'm very keen for us not to do what Chelsea have been doing; stripping the best talent from other British clubs and not playing them.

I would love us to go out and sign - King, Lennon, Reo Coker etc - but it, for some reason, doesn't sit easily with me. I would feel hypocritical for all the sh*t I've given the Chelsea & Man U fans over the last few years.

We're better than that... Winning is one thing but winning by taking your opponents best players is another thing.

I suppose sentiment has no place in the game though nowadays, that's why I'd be a rubbish manager :)
inglis5

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion