So is every1 happy with our new manager? - Was it a mistake?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby desperado0831 » Wed Aug 18, 2004 9:09 am

ralmach wrote:
jordantoh wrote:Rafa is an accomplished manager who has won one of the hardest league in the world,SPL. I dun doubt his credentials and certainly hope he can inject some of the championship winning metality into our players. And given time, he will be able to clean up the sqaud and bring in world-class players in.

Mayb next season ( After LFC wins Champ Lge and FA Cup), he bring in vicente :laugh: and mayb Raul :p .

The future is bright with Rafa at the helm

Raul?? Raul is horrible!! we hate him and he only plays with national team because he plays in Real Madrid and press suck his dick.

There are 30 spanish players better than Raul.

you done a good job because raul can only kiss his ring running goodbye and owen will replace him in bernabeau.....haha

fernando torres is my no.1 spanish player.
joaquin followed.
Reds is the sacred colour before this world was born.

desperado0831

Postby azriahmad » Wed Aug 18, 2004 9:39 am

Anfieldadorer, you want the top 4 managers in Europe?

Here they are 5 of them...in no particular order of merit:-
1.  a man not called houllier who won the CL, league titles back to back, UEFA Cup and the Portugese cup in 2 seasons at a club with a tiny budget.
2.  another man, also not called houllier, who can find a bargain foreigner and turn him into a world beater and has his team playing champagne football, won the premiership 2 times in the past 3 years.
3.  yet another man not called houllier who won 2 primera liga titles in 3 years and the UEFA cup last season with virtually no budget.
4.  a spainaird, not called houllier also, who won 2 titles and 2 CL in 4 season and managed to get his galacticos playing superb attacking football
5.  a german (surely his name is not houllier) who won 5vbundesliga (I think) in 6 years and 2 CL with 2 different clubs but lost a bit last season.

also there are 2 worthy of mention - Otto Renhagel who took Greece to the Euro 2004 summit and Alex Ferguson for instilling that winning mentality at manure even though he is rather ****** at tactics - goes to show what motivational skills he has!
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anfieldadorer » Wed Aug 18, 2004 10:22 am

But since what year have the evaluation been undertaken?
If taken from the last five year, not surprising if Rafa's out of the list, there were many top managers around during that period. I reckon Rafa should be in the list for his recent achievement with Valencia.
Very good info, anyway, azri.
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby sammy lee's handbag » Wed Aug 18, 2004 10:48 am

given Rafa's willingness to give players like Warnock and Potter a chance I am hoping that we will retain a core of English players. To be honest, I'm not sure they need to be English or British/Irish, but it's always nice to have home-grown talent come through the ranks and economically it is absolutely necessary.
sammy lee's handbag

Postby Bruno Zidane! » Wed Aug 18, 2004 11:09 am

azriahmad wrote:Anfieldadorer, you want the top 4 managers in Europe?

Here they are 5 of them...in no particular order of merit:-
1.  a man not called houllier who won the CL, league titles back to back, UEFA Cup and the Portugese cup in 2 seasons at a club with a tiny budget.
2.  another man, also not called houllier, who can find a bargain foreigner and turn him into a world beater and has his team playing champagne football, won the premiership 2 times in the past 3 years.
3.  yet another man not called houllier who won 2 primera liga titles in 3 years and the UEFA cup last season with virtually no budget.
4.  a spainaird, not called houllier also, who won 2 titles and 2 CL in 4 season and managed to get his galacticos playing superb attacking football
5.  a german (surely his name is not houllier) who won 5vbundesliga (I think) in 6 years and 2 CL with 2 different clubs but lost a bit last season.

also there are 2 worthy of mention - Otto Renhagel who took Greece to the Euro 2004 summit and Alex Ferguson for instilling that winning mentality at manure even though he is rather ****** at tactics - goes to show what motivational skills he has!

Two questions......why have u even mentioned houllier in this post when hes got nothing to do with this thread, and why do u choose to knock are managers achievements when i doubt any manager you mention could have done what he done(wenger apart)
Chopper:Look, you're not still angry at me about the leg, are you?
Neville Bartos : Nah, forget about it.
Chopper : Because I don't know if you remember, Neville, but I had that bloody shotgun pointed at your head. I reconsidered and dropped it down to your kneecap. Remember?
Bruno Zidane!
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed Aug 18, 2004 11:55 am

i'm not knocking jose mourinho's achievements over the past two years which were exceptional but i think in the end out of mourinho and benitez we have got the better of the two. :)
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby daglish 7 » Wed Aug 18, 2004 12:07 pm

Optomisim is running high at the moment let's not get to carried away it's only been 1 game / but it looks promising to say the least
daglish 7

Postby zarababe » Wed Aug 18, 2004 12:38 pm

It's not only about games though at this stage.. is it ?  The whole style of his managemnt the good players he is bringing.. all this counts for him being a class actl... we will attract good players because of him... he will restore the great in Liverpool again... :)
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Wed Aug 18, 2004 1:36 pm

all this English player stuff, remember the 1986 double team , they had no english man in the team, zimbabwe - yes, Australia - yes, England - no.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Wed Aug 18, 2004 1:42 pm

jordantoh wrote:Rafa is an accomplished manager who has won one of the hardest league in the world, the SPL.

Did he do that in charge of Rangers or Celtic ??
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby addicted norwegian » Wed Aug 18, 2004 1:55 pm

Bringing Rafa in is a definite sign that the club has ambition to fill the way-to-many-points-gap to the top three of last season. He`s brought a new fighting-spirit into the team which I`m certain will affect our performance in a positive way. Gerrard would be gone if GH still reigned, and for that reason alone Rafa deserves to be honoured.

He`ll make us great again  :)
addicted norwegian
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed Aug 18, 2004 2:11 pm

what especially impressed me was the guy's demeanour on the touchline and the way he communicated tactics with his players. he was also constantly jotting notes down from start to finish. to me, it appears the guy lies awake at night thinking about football, it is that important to him. :)
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby addicted norwegian » Wed Aug 18, 2004 2:15 pm

stmichael wrote:what especially impressed me was the guy's demeanour on the touchline and the way he communicated tactics with his players. he was also constantly jotting notes down from start to finish. to me, it appears the guy lies awake at night thinking about football, it is that important to him. :)

Right on. He looks like having a plan, and really eager to make the players stick to it :)
addicted norwegian
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sean » Wed Aug 18, 2004 3:48 pm

I thik Benitez has been a good appointment, but I'm still curious as to how an english managèr (e.g. Allardyce) would have got on if given the chance at Liverpool or another top club.
Every Single Ball
Sean
LFC Super Member

Postby taff » Wed Aug 18, 2004 3:51 pm

I like Allardyce but Benitez is the best choice

Allardyce has done great scrapping with Bolton but you need more than that to win serious trophies

horses for courses I suppose
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion