Smicer

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Paul C » Wed Dec 01, 2004 7:01 pm

I think that he derserves a chance under Rafa before everyone says show him the door, like a lot of players at Anfield I think the lad lost confidence under GH and his injuries haven't helped either, he had a good euro 2004 for the Czechs and hopefully he will shine under Beni

Also does anyone know how long until he's back?  ???
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Wed Dec 01, 2004 7:04 pm

Paul C wrote:I think that he derserves a chance under Rafa before everyone says show him the door, like a lot of players at Anfield I think the lad lost confidence under GH and his injuries haven't helped either, he had a good euro 2004 for the Czechs and hopefully he will shine under Beni

sounds just like kewell ace ,whats good for thegoose and all that.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Wed Dec 01, 2004 7:12 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:
Paul C wrote:I think that he derserves a chance under Rafa before everyone says show him the door, like a lot of players at Anfield I think the lad lost confidence under GH and his injuries haven't helped either, he had a good euro 2004 for the Czechs and hopefully he will shine under Beni

Difference with Smicer is that the lad has player some great games for us but Kewell has never played out of his skin once!  :;):

Plus Smicer isn't lazy  :p
Last edited by Paul C on Wed Dec 01, 2004 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby chiggz_likes_owen » Wed Dec 01, 2004 7:19 pm

Paul C wrote:Also does anyone know how long until he's back?  ???

I've read that he will be up and running around January
chiggz_likes_owen
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Wed Dec 01, 2004 7:23 pm

Paul C wrote:
Igor Zidane wrote:

Difference with Smicer is that the lad has player some great games for us but Kewell has never played out of his skin once!  :;):

I can't remember smicer playing out of his skin for us,i accept the lazy bit though.You've got to accept that he's dead lightweight and easily knocked off the ball ace.
UP THE PURPS !!!
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Wed Dec 01, 2004 7:35 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:
Paul C wrote:
Igor Zidane wrote:

I can't remember smicer playing out of his skin for us,i accept the lazy bit though.You've got to accept that he's dead lightweight and easily knocked off the ball ace.

On off the top of my head one was against Man U on Taibi and Silvestre's debut, he did everything but score cos Taibi had a blinder, he used to get knocked off the ball too easy but last season he got better at that :)
Last edited by Paul C on Wed Dec 01, 2004 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Wed Dec 01, 2004 7:41 pm

Paul C wrote:
Igor Zidane wrote:
Paul C wrote:
Igor Zidane wrote:

On off the top of my head one was against Man U on Taibi and Silvestre's debut, he did everything but score cos Taibi had a blinder, he used to get knocked off the ball too easy but last season he got better at that :)

I do remember that match and he played well,but it was a while ago.Smicer has got the skill but he's always been very in and out if you know what i mean.
UP THE PURPS !!!
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Wed Dec 01, 2004 7:54 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:
Paul C wrote:
Igor Zidane wrote:
Paul C wrote:
Igor Zidane wrote:

I do remember that match and he played well,but it was a while ago.Smicer has got the skill but he's always been very in and out if you know what i mean.

I agree there mate, he is 'in and out' of games too much but as I said earlier hopefully Rafa will give him more confidence and he can become a better player as it's no secret that players felt GH was a sh1t3 man manager  :(
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Wed Dec 01, 2004 7:57 pm

Paul C wrote:
Igor Zidane wrote:
Paul C wrote:
Igor Zidane wrote:
Paul C wrote:
Igor Zidane wrote:

I agree there mate, he is 'in and out' of games too much but as I said earlier hopefully Rafa will give him more confidence and he can become a better player as it's no secret that players felt GH was a sh1t3 man manager  :(

AREED ACE.
UP THE PURPS !!!
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Wed Dec 01, 2004 7:59 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:
Paul C wrote:
Igor Zidane wrote:
Paul C wrote:
Igor Zidane wrote:
Paul C wrote:
Igor Zidane wrote:

AREED ACE.

I MEAN AGREED ACE.
UP THE PURPS !!!
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Wed Dec 01, 2004 9:06 pm

Paul C wrote:
Igor Zidane wrote:

But he is a sh1thouse.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Wed Dec 01, 2004 9:43 pm

Smicer has hardly set the world alight has he. Some half decent displays but mostly frustrating performances inbetween various minor injuries. Maybe abscence makes the heart grow fonder  :;):
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby crazyhorse » Thu Dec 02, 2004 1:27 am

I am a fan of Smicer, for a smallish player he is a plucky little git but every time he seems like he was coming into his own he gets niggling injuries.
He may be too lightweight to really excel in the PL but he is game and willing to sweat for the club, i admire that.
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby banana » Thu Dec 02, 2004 1:29 am

Smicer is intelligent and good on the ball. He could do a job for us, no doubt. Hs is definately not the first to leave.
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby Paul C » Thu Dec 02, 2004 10:46 am

Smicer can play just behind the strikers on the left or the right, our squad isn't big enough to get rid of players like this, plus as I said he deserves his chance under Rafa cos who would have said Biscan would be the kop's newest hero :p
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion