Smicer & biscan next

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Big Niall » Tue Jun 01, 2004 12:48 pm

We've got rid of rubbish like Heskey & Houllier recently, how about Smicer & Biscan now.

Can anybody think of a reason to hold onto them?
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue Jun 01, 2004 1:11 pm

At the beginning of the season smicer had a run in the team and played really well, he was then dropped and played the occasional game poorly. Similarly, cheyrou had a run of 6 games and scored 4 times, but was then dropped when he played . surely this means that they are good players but like everyone else need regular first team football

I don't think anyone on here will doubt that Smicer has great talent. The problem is, he is the most maddeningly inconsistent footballer Anfield has seen in many a year. He shows flashes of brilliance, but that is not enough, even when given an extended run in the past few seasons.

Smicer...been with us ages...not worked out...had his moments...paid his way. But not the 1st team dependable needed to win te league so L-BOW out of Anfield. On each player the question is can he do enough to be part of a nucleas of 18 players that will win us the league. Will he pull his weight? I say no Smicer will now but maybe he will fetch a good sum after Euro 2004 should we sell him. Personally, whilst Smicer can be a good player, he's the wrong side of 30 now anyway, so it's time to cut our losses on him after euro 2004 (lets hope he plays well and up's his value). 

As for biscan, the guy should never be allowed near a liverpool shirt again.

:(
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby African-red » Tue Jun 01, 2004 1:18 pm

No,Biscan should never be allowed to play football.
African-red

Postby stapo1000 » Tue Jun 01, 2004 1:22 pm

biscan, diao, diouf, cheyrou, smicer, traore, they all have to go!!
We have to buy good players like cisse, mexes...
Steve Gerrard Gerrard,
He'll pass the ball 40 yards,
He's quick and he's f*cking hard,
Steve Gerrard Gerrard.
stapo1000
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue Jun 01, 2004 1:25 pm

whats happening with mexes? i heard that the guy had gone to roma as a replacement for walter samuel. if this is true then the guy (and his agent) have broken their word. they said that the player had CHOSEN liverpool, as long as they were in the champions league. ???
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby ivor_the_injun » Tue Jun 01, 2004 1:27 pm

I'd hang on to Smicer as versatile cover for the midfield, although I agree with the point that he's never done anything when he's not had a run in the side. He'd never be in my first 11 though.

As for Biscan, I have a feeling Benitez would want to have a look at him before moving him on, but frankly I'd pay the club to sell him.

Sounds like Traore's going to West Brom, which is good, and I hope Otsemobor gets a chance as cover instead of being shipped out on loan now that Houllier's not at the helm.

Let's not forget Diao incidentally. He's done absolutely nothing and definitely has to go. Not so Diouf though, and I just wonder if he could turn out to be a useful supersub to be brought on in games where a third striker's needed for a last 30 min siege in games. With Baros and Pongolle also on the books on less wages though, it wouldn't be the end of the world if he was shipped out.
ivor_the_injun

Postby Sean » Tue Jun 01, 2004 1:33 pm

It's good to hear Otsemobor mentioned, cause I think he did well in the few games he played for us last year.  Hopefully he will get a run.  Biscan, Diouf, Diao and Traore must go as soon as possible, but I think Cheyrou should be given a chance.  He suffered in the last few years because he always expected to be subed or dropped but I just feel he could still emerge as decent player if given a decent chance.

Sean
Every Single Ball
Sean
LFC Super Member

Postby Santa » Tue Jun 01, 2004 1:59 pm

Sean wrote:It's good to hear Otsemobor mentioned, cause I think he did well in the few games he played for us last year.  Hopefully he will get a run.  Biscan, Diouf, Diao and Traore must go as soon as possible, but I think Cheyrou should be given a chance.  He suffered in the last few years because he always expected to be subed or dropped but I just feel he could still emerge as decent player if given a decent chance.

Sean

Right, when Otsemobor had a run of games this season, I was generally impressed given his age and first team experience. But as expected once Finnan was fit again, GH dropped him out of sight. He should be given a chance to challenge for the RB slot.
Don't know about Cheyrou. While he might be a good player (one day maybe?) but everytime I see him played, I just wanted to rip a body part out of him. Not sure if Benitez will have the same kind of patience as GH.
Biscan, Diouf, Diao & Bambi should be thrown out of the window together with Houllier's leftovers. What a waste of club's resources!!!
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Gareth G » Tue Jun 01, 2004 2:10 pm

I think when the new boss comes in we're going to see one hell of a summer clear out, anyone agree?

I reckon there will be at least five player's shipped off, Biscan, Cheyrou, Diao and a few other's. I think we might possibly hold onto Diouf as he has great potential and just need's the right coaching...and position to release that potential!
Gareth G
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Tue Jun 01, 2004 5:26 pm

Like i said. The new coach should not be allowed to sign players. He should be forced to work with what he has and build on that instead of rebuilding.
115-1073096938

Postby Sean » Tue Jun 01, 2004 6:20 pm

If the potential candidates heard they'd have to work with the players currently available and not be allowed buy.....we'd never find a manager.
Every Single Ball
Sean
LFC Super Member

Postby jack66 » Tue Jun 01, 2004 6:29 pm

well said sean..
jack66

Postby Leonmc0708 » Tue Jun 01, 2004 8:32 pm

stu_the_red wrote:Like i said. The new coach should not be allowed to sign players. He should be forced to work with what he has and build on that instead of rebuilding.

Stu, I like your neutral and wider outlook on things, and the way you look objectively at things, but are you taking the gypsy kiss here lad or what?

What manager would leave a job where he was recently offered total control over transfers to come to Liverpool and be forced to work with another mans team.

Not Benitez.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anfieldadorer » Wed Jun 02, 2004 4:26 am

How can we get rid of Traore the "next Lilian Thuram"? if we let him go he'll be metamorphosing into another Thuram in his next club after he spent all of the initial process in our club. Don't let any other club take this great phenomenon away from us!  :D
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby BOODIDDY » Wed Jun 02, 2004 12:09 pm

biscan, diao, diouf, cheyrou, smicer, traore, they all have to go!!
We have to buy good players like cisse, mexes...

I remember people saying diouf and cheyrou were quality, so why are you believing mexes and cisse will be the same. Mexes has been linked with the best clubs in europe and yet no takers, that worries me
BOODIDDY
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion